• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup | Arsenal vs Manchester City| 23rd April at 15:00 (GMT)

What two teams will reach the final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mm76

Yer Da
We look wide open with every midfielder duo/trio we put on the field.

At least with that line up we don't have to watch Coquelin chase shadows.

already said it but playing Bellerin in his current form is virtually **** against City, they'll really exploit us down their left

i don't think Ramsey offers much either would rather have El Neny to help us keep possession and, as @karl says, provide greater cover in midfield

also would you not prefer Alexis to be the out-and-out striker?

karl

already said it but playing Bellerin in his current form is virtually **** against City, they'll really exploit us down their left

i don't think Ramsey offers much either would rather have El Neny to help us keep possession and, as @karl says, provide greater cover in midfield

Too right. Bellerin needs a break to get his fitness right and recover some confidence.

I'd actually put Bellerin in. He's not a kid anymore he's 22. If he's got anything about him after a bad spell and then being dropped/rested he's come into the team and put in a performance with something to prove, that's if he's fit, not carrying an injury.

I'd go 433-4231 (avoiding the 5 at the back, Conte worked on it all summer with Chelsea, you can't do it for a week and perfect it):

Cech

Bellerin Gabriel Kos Monreal

Xhaka
Ramsey Elneny

Ox Iwobi

Sanchez

(Ox/Iwobi on Wing)​

I'd go Gabriel because I feel like Holding still has the vulnerability to be bullied/edgy, and when Gabriel is steady he's better than we give him credit for.

Xhaka has the physical presence (at least by looking at him i.e size) and can get on the ball and play forward. Ramsey, if he's told he's a box to box midfielder who needs to work hard like he does for Wales has a great work-rate and ability to get around the pitch, whilst being able to create and offer something on the ball. And Elneny is your ball winner getting round the pitch, covering distance, matching their energy and recycling the ball.

I'd go Ox over Walcott based on recent form and Ox is more of a midfielder than Walcott and same with Iwobi. I'd throw him back in after his break as well.

Obviously Sanchez up front.

Pains me to leave out Özil, but can we have him in the middle in a midfield that can/may be overpowered? Would you chuck him on the wing knowing he won't be as effective and just doing a job.

The only way I'd put Özil in is below:

Cech

Elneny Xhaka

Ramsey Ox

Özil

Sanchez

(Ramsey/Ox on wing)

More than anything, the central midfield two/three concern me!​

Impact

Established Member

Other than playing Chamberlain out of position, we don't have much of a choice on playing Bellerín.

Ramsey over El Neny every day for me. Our best bet is to concede possession to City, and to focus on exploiting them on the counter-attack. Ramsey is a better ball-winner, has a better final ball/bigger goal threat and flourishes when there is chaos.

Admittedly, I'd rather have Alexis as our CF but are options on the flanks are dire without him. And he lacks the discipline to stay in position when we go through large spells without the ball. We need a vocal point for counter-attacks and Walcott may be best we have at the moment.

Linson

Cech​
Bellerin---Mustafi---Koscielny---Gibbs
-------------Xhaka------------Coquelin----------
------Ox------------Ramsey-------------Sanchez
------------------------ Giroud------------------

People will murder me for putting this line up out there but I think Gibbs offers more mobility, Coquelin is purely defensive and Giroud deserves the chance. I'm tired of seeing Özil and Walcott at the moment.

I think this line up provides the most balance between aggressive, mobile, physical and creative.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Missed the Spuds/Chelsea match but see that money wins again.

The next semi . . . . £533m City squad with Pep in charge v £332m Arsenal with clueless Wenger. Now who should win that . . . .?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Lincoln and Sutton proved money isn't everything - can't argue with the 'clueless' point though...:lol:

I'd have used "decrepit" alongside clueless to offer a more faithful illustration of Arsène.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Lincoln and Sutton proved money isn't everything - can't argue with the 'clueless' point though...:lol:
:lol:

Never has been everything, Leicester proved that. But it weights probability highly in your favour as we all know.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I'd actually put Bellerin in. He's not a kid anymore he's 22. If he's got anything about him after a bad spell and then being dropped/rested he's come into the team and put in a performance with something to prove, that's if he's fit, not carrying an injury.

I'd go 433-4231 (avoiding the 5 at the back, Conte worked on it all summer with Chelsea, you can't do it for a week and perfect it):

Cech

Xhaka
Ramsey Elneny

Ox Iwobi

Sanchez

(Ox/Iwobi on Wing)​

I'd go Gabriel because I feel like Holding still has the vulnerability to be bullied/edgy, and when Gabriel is steady he's better than we give him credit for.

Xhaka has the physical presence (at least by looking at him i.e size) and can get on the ball and play forward. Ramsey, if he's told he's a box to box midfielder who needs to work hard like he does for Wales has a great work-rate and ability to get around the pitch, whilst being able to create and offer something on the ball. And Elneny is your ball winner getting round the pitch, covering distance, matching their energy and recycling the ball.

I'd go Ox over Walcott based on recent form and Ox is more of a midfielder than Walcott and same with Iwobi. I'd throw him back in after his break as well.

Obviously Sanchez up front.

Pains me to leave out Özil, but can we have him in the middle in a midfield that can/may be overpowered? Would you chuck him on the wing knowing he won't be as effective and just doing a job.

The only way I'd put Özil in is below:

Cech

Elneny Xhaka

Ramsey Ox

Özil

Sanchez

(Ramsey/Ox on wing)

More than anything, the central midfield two/three concern me!​
You don't gamble on Bellerin proving something with a berth in the final on the line. Given where we are in the league you don't gamble on Bellerin if you can help it there either. We should play more or less the same setup we did last game with Ox playing RB. He put in a better shift on both ends of the pitch than Bellerin has done in months. This may be the only chance to salvage something from this pathetic season and we don't need to give a side of the pitch away to City by playing Bellerin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom