• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup | Arsenal vs Manchester City| 23rd April at 15:00 (GMT)

What two teams will reach the final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Ramsey was the first to admit he screwed up.....

Speaking afterwards, Ramsey said, “I made the mistake for their goal, that was painful for myself, but I know in these situations that you have to respond to it and you can’t let these things get to you.

“I carried on going and trying to work my socks off, get into position and tackle and you know, ultimately, it paid off.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's basic 101 coaching, you over commit for set pieces around the opposition box because it's worth the gamble having bodies in the box.

But if it breaks down your big men have to leg it back, unless the ball falls to one of your own players, then they have a decision to make . . . stay and trust your player to get the ball back in or leave the box.

In this case they all stayed thinking Ox would get the ball back in. Ox has a duty to deliver that ball or pass to a player that can. In this case he passed the mantle to Ramsey. When Ramsey received the ball there was no one on him. He should have chipped the ball into the big men or made a pass to someone else in a better position.

Basic coaching . . the last thing he should have attempted is a dribble at this point and especially not through 3 players. Inexcusable @bingobob and @Jury

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There's no defence for what Ramsey did, you're reaching.
You're too hell bent on freeing Wenger of any blame to get any sense out of you on almost any topic outside of the Dump tbh. If anything or anyone is 'reaching', it's your paranoia... to new levels :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You're too hell bent on freeing Wenger of any blame to get any sense out of you on almost any topic outside of the Dump tbh. :lol:
:lol: In fact the reverse is true, your twisting what was a simple mistake into an organisational issue to cast the blame on Wenger. Wenger can be blamed for many things but this definitely wasn't one of them.

Although I tell a lie. Ramsey has made mistakes of this type over and over again. Why Wenger can't see that is beyond me.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
When you lose the ball near the oppositions box, it should never result in a 1 on 1 on the other end.. Ramsey made a mistake there and gambled too much, but if we had defended that properly, it would have just been another turnover that happens countless times in a game.

You can blame Ramsey for the goal all you want, but the bigger problem is how him losing the ball where he lost it, resulted in a 1 on 1 straight away. Not the first time we've been exposed like that too and it's something that needs to be fixed..

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

When you lose the ball near the oppositions box, it should never result in a 1 on 1 on the other end.. Ramsey made a mistake there and gambled too much, but if we had defended that properly, it would have just been another turnover that happens countless times in a game.

You can blame Ramsey for the goal all you want, but the bigger problem is how him losing the ball where he lost it, resulted in a 1 on 1 straight away. Not the first time we've been exposed like that too and it's something that needs to be fixed..
Agreed, but this was a special case during a set piece and not a normal Ramsey turnover.

Monreal and Xhaka were definitely day dreaming though. But which is the bigger problem?

If it were Carragher and Neville. . could be a 15 min debate on Sky TV. :lol:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Agreed, but this was a special case during a set piece and not a normal Ramsey turnover.

Monreal and Xhaka were definitely day dreaming though. But which is the bigger problem?

What if Ramsey put in a poor cross, City cleared it to Yaya and he played Aguero through 1 on 1, is Ramsey still to blame for the goal?

Ramsey made a mistake, but I'm much more worried about how we got exposed like that defensively after a turnover near the oppositions box.. It has happened before too, if I recall correctly we almost messed up like that vs Boro too.

For me the bigger problem is definitely how exposed we looked.

OShea's2010

I can remember Toure smashing a volley from outside the box that Cech tipped onto the post. That's not a clear cut chance. That's a shot from distance. Even the best organised defence will struggle when teams start taking pot shots from 25 or 30 yards out.

Clear cut is Welbecks miss from the edge of the six yard box or Holdings free header from the edge of the box, clear cut are the two goals we scored both inside the six yard box. Chances in the danger zone with time and space. Heck even Delphs wasn't clear cut Bellerin was marking the angle and he was hitting a shot on a narrow angle on his left foot.

The only clear chances they had was Silvas header and the goal, tho I can't remember the other shot that hit the post. So maybe three in 120 minutes of football against arguably the best attacking team in the league. That's outstanding.
The fernandinho header that hit the bar and the wrongly disallowed goal which would have to go down as a clear cut chance

OShea's2010

Ramsey made a bad decision but I think whoever was meant to be marking Aguero was the biggest culprit. You've got to be ready for any potential turnover in that situation

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The fernandinho header that hit the bar and the wrongly disallowed goal which would have to go down as a clear cut chance
Was that goal wrongly disallowed? The camera showed it going out but it appeared to be still just touching the line. But the camera wasn't perfectly in line with the goal line. It was off centre slightly.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Was that goal wrongly disallowed? The camera showed it going out but it appeared to be still just touching the line. But the camera wasn't perfectly in line with the goal line. It was off centre slightly.
No, they showed that over and over and over. It never went out. Goal should have stood IMO. Still we'll take it!

OShea's2010

I'm not sure, but I was going with the general consensus on it

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It was off centre and replays were inconclusive whether the ball stayed in , leave it to the ref in this case , flag went up early anyways .

mm76

Yer Da

yes i think some people are making too much of that, though if we wer Citeh fans we'd no doubt think differently! :D

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It was off centre and replays were inconclusive whether the ball stayed in , leave it to the ref in this case , flag went up early anyways .
When you see a close up, look at the line, it's not parallel, this shows that the camera lens is not centred on the line. 'Hawkeye' on the other hand is aligned perfectly for the goal line job.

The linesman was positioned well. If we'd been United, nobody would have questioned the linesman.
IMG_0495.JPG

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
City scored two offside goals against us at The Etihad earlier in the season. Decisions even themselves out.

We were also denied a penalty for Navas' foul on Alexis. City fans can stfu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom