• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final I Arsenal v Chelsea I 5.30pm, Saturday May 27th

Who will win?

• Arsenal

Votes: 58 58.6%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 41 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Vinna

I hope we can play a good back 3 that doesn't include Per(with all respect) and I hope we don't see Giroud starting this..

Holding Mustafi Monreal

Bellerin Ramsey Xhaka Gibbs

Özil Theo Alexis​

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I hope we can play a good back 3 that doesn't include Per(with all respect) and I hope we don't see Giroud starting this..

Holding Mustafi Monreal

Bellerin Ramsey Xhaka Gibbs

Özil Theo Alexis​
A lot of people underestimate Per because of his speed, but his aerial ability and anticipation is superb. With 2 quicker players either side, it might be worth the risk. Would prefer Kos though if had the choice.

Monreal is a real pro and advances superbly at LWB.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
“Mustafi we have some worries about,” he said, “he’s still sick and has not trained yet.”
“We have been hit hard, but we have to find solutions,” he said.
“Hopefully I will find that.”

That doesn't sound good.

Ewarwoowar

Understandably a lot of people looking down their nose at BFG, but needs must an' all that, you have to at least entertain the possibility.

A lot of Chelsea games are won or opened up from set pieces and the mere fact We practice that zonal marking **** where We are static whilst the oppos have momentum cries out for a big guy. The biggest problem with the big guy has usually been opposition breakaway counter attacks that has left him isolated and exposed and leave him wanting for pace, in the new formation this is less of a worry, no?

The other slight positive factors I look at in regards to him are, that He is used to big occasions, He should be fresh, the experience and it being the twilight of His career swan song, it is easier to raise your game for a one off at that age than to maintain a level over a period of games.

All I'm saying is, if He is in the starting I am keeping a hopeful open mind until He ***** on it. Anyhow We are not expected to be in this game so what does it matter anyhow:p

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
The trouble is Per is not match conditioned in his fitness and having his 'eye' in. It would be the worst case scenario having to bring in someone who hasn't played in a full match all season. Thanks a lot Kos!:rolleyes:

Ewarwoowar

The trouble is Per is not match conditioned in his fitness and having his 'eye' in. It would be the worst case scenario having to bring in someone who hasn't played in a full match all season. Thanks a lot Kos!:rolleyes:
Yes fitness is a worry but "IF" He has to play We would hope the more mobile of us would cover any of the lung bursting stuff and He could pull off just that one game.

I don't think Per needs much to get His eye in, For Germany His games of recent years have been infrequent,sporadic yet He still slotted in seamlessly when asked to.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Yes fitness is a worry but "IF" He has to play We would hope the more mobile of us would cover any of the lung bursting stuff and He could pull off just that one game.

I don't think Per needs much to get His eye in, For Germany His games of recent years have been infrequent,sporadic yet He still slotted in seamlessly when asked to.
Kos was the mobile one who complimented Per.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Understandably a lot of people looking down their nose at BFG, but needs must an' all that, you have to at least entertain the possibility.

A lot of Chelsea games are won or opened up from set pieces and the mere fact We practice that zonal marking **** where We are static whilst the oppos have momentum cries out for a big guy. The biggest problem with the big guy has usually been opposition breakaway counter attacks that has left him isolated and exposed and leave him wanting for pace, in the new formation this is less of a worry, no?

The other slight positive factors I look at in regards to him are, that He is used to big occasions, He should be fresh, the experience and it being the twilight of His career swan song, it is easier to raise your game for a one off at that age than to maintain a level over a period of games.

All I'm saying is, if He is in the starting I am keeping a hopeful open mind until He ***** on it. Anyhow We are not expected to be in this game so what does it matter anyhow:p
:lol: If we're losing 5-0 what does it matter.

Is Mustafi really a doubt? Trust Wenger to play Gabriel last match so that he could get his knee injured before the Cup final . . . and telling Kos to make that reckless challenge . . . the man's clueless. Just got Holding left. Per? Chambers?

The same thing happened before that bad run when we were left with no midfield. Wenger's to blame for all that too, arranging the AFCON cup at the wrong time, overplaying Santi/Ramsey again, telling Xhaka to make that bad foul and get suspended.

It's all Wenger's fault. My athletes foot's returned too, f***ing Wenger.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd prefer Monreal at LWB with Mertsacker at CB than Gibbs starting.

Being a player that relies on positioning a one off game might not be too much to ask as opposed to someone like Koscienly.

Although a back three of Holding, Per, Mustafi isn't exactly blessed with pace, shame about Gabriel.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The first step they should be taking at Wembley is having a 'no bags or rucksacks' policy.
They normally check bags going into most venues now. This f*** had a new idea of waiting til the end, and catching people on the way out when security is looser.

They'll always find some new way to spread terror. Human ingenuity is as inventive as it is twisted.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: If we're losing 5-0 what does it matter.

Is Mustafi really a doubt? Trust Wenger to play Gabriel last match so that he could get his knee injured before the Cup final . . . and telling Kos to make that reckless challenge . . . the man's clueless. Just got Holding left. Per? Chambers?

The same thing happened before that bad run when we were left with no midfield. Wenger's to blame for all that too, arranging the AFCON cup at the wrong time, overplaying Santi/Ramsey again, telling Xhaka to make that bad foul and get suspended.

It's all Wenger's fault. My athletes foot's returned too, f***ing Wenger.
Gabriels complete crap anyway, and guess what? Wenger signed him. Gabriel wont be missed. His stand in, if used, is also useless these days. Guess what? Wenger also signed Per. Oh, you'll never guess as well... Mustafi? Totally unreliable this season... Yep, you guessed it, Wenger spent £35m on him.

Everywhere you look, dodgy options. All signed by Wenger.

Also, Wenger is responsible for everything players do on the pitch, as he signed them. I'm a fan of Kos, but Wenger is also paid to make decisions regarding whether players are rash in the challenge, and it's up to him to either persevere with them and take all that comes by sticking by them, or get rid. It's called 'football managment'.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Gabriels complete crap anyway, and guess what? Wenger signed him. Gabriel wont be missed. His stand in, if used, is also useless these days. Guess what? Wenger also signed Per. Oh, you'll never guess asl well? Mustafi? Totally unreliable this season... Yep, you guessed it, Wenger spent £35m on him.

Everywhere you look, dodgy options. All signed by Wenger.

Also, Wenger is responsible for everything players do on the pitch, as he signed them. I'm a fan of Kos, but Wenger is also paid to make decisions regarding whether players are rash in the challenge, and it's up to him to either persevere with them and take all that comes by sticking by them, or get rid.
Agree with all that. I'm done with what I thought was intelligent observations.

Might get a few more likes this way, instead of being called deluded f*** every other post. :lol:

IslingtonBornandbred

Apart from the defensive issues, question is, will Wenger revert to playing Sanchez up top to get another midfielder in, or will he stick with Welbeck/Giroud? Actually thought he would stick with Welbeck on first thought, but then realised he's probably actually more likely to go with Giroud based on what he thinks Webeck could bring as a sub.

Personally, I'd go Sanchez up top, Xhaka/Ramsey in the middle with Özil/Iwobi just in front. Or another more defensive version with Xhaka/Coquelin or Elneny with Ramsey/Özil just in front.

I wouldn't have either Giroud or Welbeck up top to start with. Giroud's inability to run and often actually fail to compete physically i.e spending most of his time on the floor, and Welbeck's inability to do anything other than cause mayhem with his work-rate/running. He often struggles to get into the game and link up especially against top teams. For that, I'd go with an extra midfielder and get Sanchez closer to goal.

Adrian.Gj

****ing hell. Not the only match where ha has been at the end of a vicious and illegal elbow/hand to the face. I wish Mustafi well, hell of a player for me.

theguardian said:
Mustafi suffered his concussion in last Tuesday’s home win over Sunderland and he was forced to sit out the Everton game. Wenger reported that the centre-half was still feeling sick and he had not trained. The Football Association has strict guidelines on when a player can return from a head injury and it is not a good sign, to say the least, that Mustafi has been unable to engage in light exercise four days before the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom