<

FA Cup Final: Arsenal vs Chelsea Saturday 1st August | KO: 17:30 BST | BBC 1

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Jul 26, 2020.

?

Who will win the biggest match since last year’s EL final?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2020.
  1. Arsenal

70.0%
  2. Chelsea

30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Still not forgiven him for ruining the one date you have ever had, have ya?

[​IMG]

2. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Hunta is a lucky man not knowing who Riou is.

3. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I think right now, Chelsea are probably the team in the league that we'd struggle the most to get anything from, and that fills me with dread. They're a really bad matchup for us because they're so orthodox in how they attack and move the ball around. It's not spectacular by any means, but it's methodical and it's effective. They remind me of a very light version of the very good Man Utd sides. They have the right players in the right areas to hurt us. ****ing nightmare.

City_Skyblue and Chilax like this.
  4. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

I dont want to win this if it means going to Europa. On the other hand, I dont want Giroud winning another trophy at our expense and it would also be fun to knock Spuds out of Europa. Sigh

5. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

This game for Chelsea is just a bonus. A free hit. If they lose their season has still be a success and a step in the right direction for Lampard.

The cup is the cherry on the top to bring winning mentality and more confidence going forward.

All the pressure is on us. If we win it it's a piece of silverware but what seems more important is getting an extra couple of million for winning it and an extra maybe 20m for EL.

Doesnt really mean anything going forward in such or a big statement. Just means this season has been less ****e. EL isnt a stepping stone to success like the CL.

Praying for a win but wouldnt put my house on it.

6. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

I want revenge!

7. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Sp**s are guaranteed Europa no matter what we do.

8. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

I was hopeful last year before EL final...

I just don't see a way for us to win this. Giroud will outplay chuckle brothers again.

Chelsea 6 - 1 Arsenal.

Squillaci likes this.
  9. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Yeah I just realized.

10. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

This Chelsea team is even worse defensively than us, plus no Hazard...they are definitely beatable.

Anyone can lose to anyone, but as least believe at the start ffs...our fans are weird these days :lol:

11. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Pulisic attacking that right channel between Bellerin and Holding...

Giroud up against Luiz and Holding...

Blimey.

12. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

It can go anyway. They have same flaws as us. I do think are attacking options are better.

13. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

You’d think we’d already lost by the way some are going on. No reason we cant beat them. The FA cup is our competition. Love it, cant wait for Saturday

14. AberGooner

AberGooner Well-Known Member

Worrying defensively today but if we can beat City no reason we can't beat this lot either. As has been said they're not great at the back themselves. As horrible a season has this has been if we've got a trophy at the end of it then I'd be delighted.

Jury likes this.
  15. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

The same Luiz who:

1. Received a new contract and
    2. Will probably be first choice next season.

What are you worried about?

16. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Giroud will play with fire.

Luiz is an agent from Chelsea.

How are we going to win?

17. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Going off on a tangent away from the G man for a moment. How are they selfish? It’s a job, no? Do you really care about the company you work for? Mine can get bent :lol:

As long as they are professional in attitude and play to the best of their abilities isn't that enough?

krengon likes this.
  18. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

Their midfield is a different level to ours. Kante, Jorginho and Koavacic. Even Mount and Barkley are better than most of our midfield.

City_Skyblue and EinmalImmerEwig like this.
  19. DavidHillier

DavidHillier Member

I went to that game :(

20. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

That wasn't a criticism of footballers. I was just acknowledging reality. I only made the point because there is still a large subset of fans that like to believe that players love the clubs they play for, *cough* Fabregas *cough*. This belief allows a lot of **** players to skate by on their "love for the club". You know the type, the ones that are awful at their job but suck up to their boss.

Most of them are smart enough to attach themselves to a particular fanbase for a career post-retirement. Whether it be selling merch, punditry, or some type of role at the club itself.

freeglennhelder2 and Geofranco like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.