<

FA Cup Final: Arsenal vs Chelsea Saturday 1st August | KO: 17:30 BST | BBC 1

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Jul 26, 2020.

?

Who will win the biggest match since last year’s EL final?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2020.
  1. Arsenal

70.0%
  2. Chelsea

30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

All of those players provide thrust from deep as well. We don't have a single player who does that in a central area.

Makingtrax and yorch44 like this.
  2. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Kante hasn`t played in a while, doubt he will start the final.

3. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

We saw today what happens when we play open with our defenders. Holding will start and he needs a deep block to function, we’ll play on the counter and hope for a smash and grab.

Relying on keeping them out first and Aubameyang turning up.

Artisan and Makingtrax like this.
  4. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I just know I’m going to be praying at some point for Jorginho to miss a penalty. :lol:

OnlyOne likes this.
  5. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Martinez
    Holding—Luiz—Tierney
    AMN-——————————Saka
    Ceballos—Xhaka
    Pepe-——————-PEA
    Laca​

Name is already on the cup.

yybecause, roz and EinmalImmerEwig like this.
  6. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

I swear if Giroud scores I'm gonna lose it.

NieThePiet, say yes and El Duderino like this.
  7. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Wouldn't we knock them out if we win the FA Cup?

8. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

What’re you gonna lose? You should go ahead and put a bell on it.

9. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

How can this be true?

We've got Arteta's favorite in Xhaka. The Swiss midfield maestro that is indispensable and integral to our play now and in the future.
    Everyone's new sacred cow in Ceballos. A guy that we must strive to keep at all costs.
    Then one of the kids/Torreira

Are you telling me that our midfielders and midfield on a whole aren't as good in comparison to other top clubs as we fans like to believe?

10. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Xhaka to turn into Ramsey and win us the game. It’s on!

albakos likes this.
  11. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

No. It would be Wolves who are 7th who would lose out. Not Sp**s.

Sammy1887 likes this.
  12. gamechannel

gamechannel Well-Known Member

Just wait. A couple of bad games from the suddenly-overrated Cebellos and the Fairweather fans who are planning to name a North London street after him will start batching and moaning about how he's a terrible footballer. The dude went from being trash to near-elite in a span of 2-3 games apparently.

If we are wanting to keep a mediocre player like Cebellos at all costs, we are truly a midtable club who doesn't deserve any silverware.

EinmalImmerEwig likes this.
  13. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

Willock is capable when he is playing well. He did it on several occasions against Liverpool at Anfield in the 2nd game of the season, but he is not trusted by the last 3 managers to run things from deep. Mainly because of his passing and positional awareness.

Tourbillion and yorch44 like this.
  14. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

If we want to compete with their midfield we would need to play torreira, Xhaka and Ceballos together. That may not be enough because Pulisic is on fire lately and Willian has been immense as well. Giroud is confident and Abraham’s wants to prove something.

They can call on Hudson odoi to cause problems and Loftus cheek can dominate our midfield later in the game.

the good news is that their back line can be quite loose. Also they are better on the counter than against a low block. The only problem will be Willian and Pulisic who have the talent to pull people out of positions.

We would do well if we are clinical in front of goal. Lacazette, Pepe and Aubameyang need to all score.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  15. Make

Make Active Member

I'd play with the same team like you. We're going to get our 14th!!

16. EinmalImmerEwig

EinmalImmerEwig Only Wants British Players At Arsenal

That's the formation and selection I would go for as well.

Tragically there are only really 4 players in that lot who are Arsenal Quality and up to the task.

A one-off game in the FA Cup though, and I can see this rabble still beating Chelsea.

COYG!

jus2nang likes this.
  17. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Virtually the same team I'd play except Id give Nketiah a start. Think his mobility will suit the game more and can always bring Laca on if chasing a goal. Hopefully wont be needed though :D

18. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

After that clusterf** of performance yesterday with Luiz returning to his old self and Holding completely clueless, we have very slim chances.

Nothing will piss me off more than seeing Giroud score in yet another final.
    The big man is a big game player and on his current hot form, what better occasion than to completely bully our defence.

Hope Mikel can pull of a tactical masterstroke.
    As Jorginho is their metronome, maybe have Torreira to man-mark him, while Ceballos and Xhaka can keep up with Kovacic and Barkley/Pulisic

Makingtrax likes this.
  19. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

We were abysmal against Watford. Thank **** they bottled all those chances in front of goal, much as Liverpool and City did.

Arteta is conducting a tone deaf orchestra. But we have a few maestros. Auba can grab a goal anytime, Emi can pull off some world class saves, Tierney can put in some decent crosses and . . . and . . the rest can **** up or turn up and you just never know which.

Come on Mikel!

EinmalImmerEwig and albakos like this.
  20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Don’t get why people are worried? We know Luiz has a 2/10 game then a 10/10 game and that 2/10 came nicely vs Watford. As for Holding he’s similar, rubbish game then a good game, rubbish game against Watford.

As for Auba, luckily he’s in good form and showed this against City he’s not a bottle job.

As for Mikel, well he knows how to get this team defending in a big game.

Love it, can’t wait for this, up the Arse.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    EinmalImmerEwig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.