• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup I Nottingham Forest v Arsenal I 7/1/18 I 4pm GMT | BT Sport

Who would win in a fight?

• Vasyl Lomachenko

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Arséne Wenger

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

https://ok.ru/video/493144640102

If anyone wants a good laugh (or cry), click the link and watch.

I hope it comes out that Debuchy was either pregnant or injured, because I've never seen such an awkward and effortless attempt to defend as I did in that phase of play. **** you Mathieu, I would tear up your contract if I had my way.
But apparently he’s always been good for us? He’s rubbish.

IslingtonBornandbred

Mertesacker with some very strong words, I like it...

on summing up his emotions after the game…

It’s pretty easy. The manager made a lot of changes, gave a lot of trust to players who haven’t played a lot recently and I don’t think anybody justified their selection today. That sums it up I think.

on the team not being good enough…
It’s difficult. In the first half we played in the park a little bit. We were not precise, especially in the final third. We couldn’t create a lot of chances. In the second half there was a little bit more spirit from ourselves, but in the duels you could see that they out-battled us and that little momentum never really changed. When we scored to make it 3-2 and when he mis-kicked the penalty, obviously we expressed it to the ref but he didn’t listen. It’s difficult to take because for those players who played today, that was probably a last chance to show up and show the manager that they’re ready to play more games. It’s not the case anymore.

Big words from a coward.

Should look at himself first. That defensive line for the freekick is on him, he's the captain, he's the leader. Too many words not enough action.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After beating Sp**s and getting that late winner at Burnley I was starting to become quietly optimistic that we could have a decent season, top four and get a trophy. Since then it`s all gone to ****.
admittedly, we should have won twice more but for referee errors. No excuses, though

Crazycarrots

admittedly, we should have won twice more but for referee errors. No excuses, though

If we had a decent defence then we wouldn’t be giving away as many penalty’s. Yes some descisions are dodgy but why the hell are we putting ourselves in these positions in the first place?? The ref wasn’t to blame for a crappy lower league team ripping open our defence at will.

VancouverCanuck

I think Nketiah showed glimpses of genuine quality again. Was a bit skeptical during his debut but it's hard to see how he'd contribute less than Walcott at this point, on 1/10 of the wages. Lightning quick with good feet.

Not sure about this Willock lad. Haven't seen/heard much about him on here, what's the general consensus about his potential etc.?
Walcott is proven PL goal scorer. Score some huge goals for us over the years. Still have plenty of legs left. West Ham should buy him for 30m to avoid relegation.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Big words from a coward.

Should look at himself first. That defensive line for the freekick is on him, he's the captain, he's the leader. Too many words not enough action.

Mertesacker might be slow and past it but he's certainly not a coward. He'd look each of those players in the face and say the same thing. He was critical of the team and he is part of it. I don't get this thinking that you can only have a go at people if you are perfect. He's the captain and has earned the right to speak his views.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Mertesacker might be slow and past it but he's certainly not a coward. He'd look each of those players in the face and say the same thing. He was critical of the team and he is part of it. I don't get this thinking that you can only have a go at people if you are perfect. He's the captain and has earned the right to speak his views.

He's also a World Cup winner who got taken to school by a teenager and an Everton loanee.

I agree, you don't have to be perfect to be able to have a go at people, but Per's performances have been shocking this season. It's all well and good giving it out, but you need to look at yourself. It was my main gripe with Flamini, he was a very communicative, very vocal, but he played ****.

I don't know about you, but if someone is digging me out, the first thing I'm gonna question is what they bring to the table. Atm, Mertesacker is turning in retirement performances, he has no room to demand more from those around him.

Linson

Big words from a coward.

I disagree. Firstly it's brave to say such things. Secondly, just because he didn't play well doesn't mean he can't have a critical opinion on the downfall of the team

IslingtonBornandbred

I disagree. Firstly it's brave to say such things. Secondly, just because he didn't play well doesn't mean he can't have a critical opinion on the downfall of the team

Yeah but it's always about the interview afterwards and how "brave" they are.

I'm more interested in why an experienced player, a captain, a so called leader allowed our defensive line to be so wrong when the wall was playing everyone onside! It's brave to sort that out.

You don't have to be perfect to be able to speak up but as the senior defender and captain as with any team he's always the one that one that dictates the defensive line. When you make an error of that magnitude then anything you say afterwards is largely irrelevant. It's nothing we don't know. He didn't own up to his own error and to be quite frank as I said, it's easy to speak afterwards, it's harder to do your talking on the pitch. Per's an expert at it like Theo and Ox were.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
On a sidenote,is it just me or has several of our quickest players lost pace. Bellerin, Walcott, Welbeck and Alexis, none of them look as quick as they were. Injuries probably plays a part and both Bellerin and Welbeck looks like they`ve spent too much time in the gym.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’d like to thank @Makingtrax because the sarcastic responses from posters to his thread have made my day.

In regards to the loss I feel nothing but that’s not a surprise as I barely get a buzz when we win.
Cheers bro. We lost today and I've just got back from 5-a -side match which I lost as well.

But reading that I've helped drag you out of your swamp of despair, I'm feeling a whole lot better. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom