• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Replay: Hull City v Arsenal - Tuesday 8th March 19:00

• Thread starter nmn
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,264
  • Views 69,295
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I enjoyed the second half of this thread. Except the ISIS talk, it got too real for me.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Didn't see the match went to see Avenue Q, great show I'd highly recommend it, but here we have the worst possible outcome.

A winnable home game becomes a replay we win comfortably but lose four players? Is Chambers the only fit player capable of playing CB at the moment?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Did sleep a lot better with a 0-4 under the belt so I thank Giroud and Walcott for that at least. Looking forward to Watford at home!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Didn't see the match went to see Avenue Q, great show I'd highly recommend it, but here we have the worst possible outcome.

A winnable home game becomes a replay we win comfortably but lose four players? Is Chambers the only fit player capable of playing CB at the moment?
Merts should be coming back soon. Possibly as soon as the weekend.

Aztec_Pharaoh07

Watching last night's game, i had to give it to Wenger. Resting our main players was the best thing he did. Imagine losing Özil, Sanchez or Bellerin to injuries? Ramsey didn't warm up properly before coming on. To be fair to him, no one was expecting injuries to our CB's in such quick succession. Everyone knows Wenger waits until 70th min to make his first change.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Got to be very happy with how clinical we were last night. Horrible first half, but did the business in the second without playing particularly well.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come with our strikers, although that was pretty much our B team last night. Think we'll still see Welbeck over Giroud for now in the league. Campbell over Theo too i'd imagine.

Lol @ the injuries though. I thought everything was looking a bit too calm in that department. We were due one of our special 3 injury games. No one does it quite like us.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well that's our goals for the month :lol: roll on the 0-0s.

Injuries from last night aren't too bad when you consider Kos should return for Barcelona at the latest, Mertesacker should be back for Sunday, Gabriel will be ok I think Wenger said. Only concern is Ramsey. Is Ramsey’s a shoulder or thigh problem? I've seen both reported.

Chanberry

Well that's our goals for the month :lol: roll on the 0-0s.

Injuries from last night aren't too bad when you consider Kos should return for Barcelona at the latest, Mertesacker should be back for Sunday, Gabriel will be ok I think Wenger said. Only concern is Ramsey. Is Ramsey’s a shoulder or thigh problem? I've seen both reported.

Thigh

Lancelot

Established Member
The injuries look like it will be another race for 4th spot...Ramsey with a thigh strain..out for the season?

I could be completely wrong about this but I honestly felt more assured with the mismatch à la mode of back four we had than when we'd had Per and Gabriel centrally.

It's like other outfield players suddenly had more concern towards our defense and just decided to help out, putting in more effort and fighting for each other.

Would actually love to see more of that but no one in their right mind will try it unless they are forced to. :lol:

TriniGunner

He's a *****. Look at how he comes out of his cage, half afraid and hesitating. Look at how Cech goed through players if he has to. Its probably because he's short. Great line keeper though.

As a goalkeeping coach I teach that you have to play to your strengths as a keeper and there's no absolute rule to it either. If you're short, coming for corners and crosses would be the least on your mind if you pride yourself into being an excellent shot stopper. The reverse also goes for tall keepers who are pretty good in the air but horrible and shot stopping. Ospina knows he's a good shot stopper so he prefers to stay and save the shot...nothing is wrong with that. We're lucky though to have a #1 like Cech who's good at both. I was a tall keeper but very small in stature so I was always a bit scared to get mixed up between players on crosses for fear of being hurt. The same is probably true for Ospina.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This is one of the tools that held up the banner

gzOr00G

Didn't know how Hull welcomed Arsenal fans to their stadium. What an class act.

Embarrassing when other club show more class than our fans on the day. But oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom