<

FA Cup: Third Round| Arsenal vs Leeds United | Monday 6th January | KO: 19:56 | BBC One

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Sydney-Gooner, Jan 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

First half was terrible, so terrible that I was ashame of their show of horror.

Leeds basically pressed them to stand still and whenever they want to press Leeds, 3 Leeds players will run rings around them till our players either commit foul or the conceed a shot. Many misplaced passes and lost of possession in dangerous. If Leeds is half decent in front of goal we'll be done in the first half.

Second half improved with flashes of brilliance from Pepe and Nelson, Nelli later came in and gave them something to think about.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  2. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

loving the post match interviews

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  3. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

You’d rather be treated like an idiot than hear the truth? Strange

RUS arsenal, GoonerJeeves and CJJ like this.
  4. Big Poppa

The two halves were such a contrast, I think it clearly proves that our issues go beyond personnel and tactics.

A more clinical team than Leeds would’ve obliterated us though. Holding was brutal.

CJJ and ptrcopp like this.
  5. Big Poppa

Anyone else find it annoying how our wide players slow down so early looking to cut inside into crowded areas on their stronger foot when dribbling?

Pepe and Nelson would be so much more effective if they could go both inside and outside.

Tourbillion likes this.
  6. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

How was that Philips guy? Could do with a solid back-up/rotation option with Torreira.

7. CJJ

CJJ Well-Known Member

Their best player on the pitch without a doubt. MOTM worthy if you look across both teams. Was the prime contributor together with Harrison why they dominated us in the first half. Lots of tackles and decisive passes.
    Did obviously fade together with the rest of their team in the 2nd half, but overall he was quality.

Dutch D likes this.
  8. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

We still lack that truly explosive winger.

9. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

My Manager

Riou likes this.
  10. teamsoutheast

teamsoutheast Well-Known Member

I knew this wouldn't be easy. Leeds are a very good team. I was surprised Arteta went for such a strong team but it paid off in the end. I'm so happy for Reiss. His movement for the goal was very good.

11. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

How often do other teams talk like that in post games? I liked Luiz as a one off but its like confession now.

The fans / media dont need these details so soon. We found out about Wengers teamtalks 15-20 years later in sitdown interviews not an hour later.

12. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

13. Big Poppa

The players are holding themselves accountable and what they disclosed is hardly sensitive information like an internal player conflict, it's just a manager doing his job by calling out a sub par team attitude for part of a game.

It's not Mourinho-esque where he throws individuals under the bus. That's very different. This about collective integrity and if anything, I think it is positive PR.

Symbia and Riou like this.
  14. Manberg

Manberg Predator

The contrast in the two halves showed that we have many players who think they can just turn up and not work hard to get a result, evidenced by the fact that they needed a grilling at half time.
    The hard work factor is everything Arteta has kept going on about in press conferences and as it seems, many players still not listening.

Big Poppa likes this.
  15. Big Poppa

You're right and what I like about it is Arteta seems to be astute at gathering information about characters. It's a big focus of his which I feel his predecessors who were more focused on technical/tactical perfection overlooked.

Early days but I'm encouraged by what I'm seeing and hearing.

16. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We have too many soft players it's so clear tactics system won't fix that. Arteta kept same players same system formation at 2nd half but only one thing changed is thier attitude and discipline.

We all learn when things get comfertable at Arsenal these kind of displays are so expected was noticeable since wenger days Arteta have big job to change that.

Big Poppa likes this.
  17. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

To be fair here, he wasn't the only one. It's clear that Arteta pushes hard for tactial fouling.

I mean I didn't see anyone mention this because we didn't score from them, but we had like 4? free kicks from deadly positions in that second half.

RUS arsenal likes this.
  18. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

19. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Actually wrote a quick complaint to the BBC about how ****e Danny Murphy is in the slight hope it makes him less likely to commentate on one of our games again.

NieThePiet and American_Gooner like this.
  20. RUS arsenal

RUS arsenal Well-Known Member

Arteta was a master of tactical fouling when he played DM for us so it is not surprising.

American_Gooner and Taneruit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.