• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Leeds vs Arsenal | 04/01/04

KoLo28

WOO HOO!!!!!!!

I listened to it, i can't wait to see the goals!!!!!

Strange game, leeds started well and scored first due to a strange blunder by jens and then after that we took control and scored some superb finishes set up by some beautiful passing... well done lads and well done kolo... everytime we go to elland road its 4-1 :)

To be honest I'd have prefered Kolo on from the off, he's such a magnificent player. His ability is just superb.

After we scored i'd say we really picked up and begin to resume normal practice...ish.

Nice to ee Kanu getting a game and doing well. :D

The Mini

I was quite lucky in what I heard, started listening just before the first, left in between 2nd and 3rd, which I was just in time for.

wiltord11

top game we allways seemed in control of the game could of scored 6 or 7 put 4-1 will do top performance from vieira, gilberto,edu,keown grear game bring on everton

KoLo28

The commentary on Radio Aire was a tad bias although i found that the weren't anti arsenal and praised our club and our players and made it pleasant listening :)

kajej

Jinn said:
Great managerial skills from Wenger to kill the game off. ;D

Can't agree with you more, totally dominated with the packed midfield and 2 of the subs scored! Happy to see Toure playing in the mid, Wenger just cant keep him out of a game :lol: ! Maybe this is the tactical substitution needed when Arsenal become lazy and dont kill the game.

zerofeel

Arsenal made a nervous start to their FA cup campaign but after that astounding howler of the season contender by Mad Jens,Arsenal began to look like they mean business.A bruising encounter,marred by glitches of silly typical british dogged tackles but otherwise an emphatic masterclass performance by Arsenal...smooth sailing onwards from the equalizing goal by VAVAVOoom Henry but LAUREN still look like 3rd rate defender and again it was his lazy unfocused pass that led to that fluke goal....he shouldnt be in the 1st team at all n i hope Wenger realise this b4 its too late... :evil: n damnnn...MANURE HAD to win against Villa....they dont deserve it at all!!! ONWARDS ARSENAL!!

Webdesignlab

Established Member
That was not as easy as the scoreline suggests. Well in the second half at least.

Keown said that 4-1 flattered us a bit and he was right. Two thirds of the second half Leeds had us on the ropes it felt. Once we had 3-1 it was over though.

It was the substitutions that did it. I mean who else has people of the class of Toure, Parlour and Pires on the bench? That was a great move by AW.

Who do we want next then ... Gillingham?

JazzG

Established Member
Once we got back to 1-1 there was only one winner. The way we passed it and controlled play for such long periods was superb. Should of scored 4 more if you ask me but like usual we didn't take our chances.

A very good performance. We knocked it about well and really dominated the match. If we had taken our chances better we could of scored 3 or 4 more as well! However as usual we made it hard for ourselves and wasted chances. Leeds had a good 10min spell but that was it, no real clear cut chances for them.

Pires has become a very consistant goal scorer for us. He has 10 already this season which is very good for a left winger. Henry created 2 and scored 1, only played because Ali was ill today as well. Freddie was superb in the first half and I'd say everyone had a decent game.

Is there a position Toure can't play? I think we should try him goal next match :p

chris66

Fair enough if you don't like lauren - but don't start blaming him for stuff he didn't do. firstly it was So's back pass not Lauren's and even then it was Lehman's howler, no one else was to blame.

It didn't seem to me that Milner caused any more trouble to Lauren than Smith did to Cole. It seems to me that whatever happens some of you just want to find fault with certain players. Keown made more mistakes than Lauren, that could have cost us.

Still never let the truth get in the way of a story - eh!

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Re: Arsenal 4-1 Leeds

SoUL said:
kolo scored!! kolo Scored

I love that guy. Great to see him on a great cross too. We scored all from crosses today. I wonder if we have been practising LOL.

I wonder how Toure would fair as a manager? Watch out Arsène LOL. Only in goal and manager left for Toure.

jeremiesgirl

Can anyone tell me the reason why Ali was not in the team line-up today?? All Sky Sports had to say was "he had been taken out of the hotel" Does this mean he has any injury, illness :?: There is nothing mentioned on Arsenal.com and I am still unable to get in the chat room. I have tried to register and am waiting for the e-mail so I apologise if this has already been mentioned in the chat room. Thanks guys.

zerofeel

in response to someones comment about how one shouldnt be taking the mickey out of any players...it is only fair to comment on what one witnessed at the game..he did make a terrible start and do find the time to watch the repeat telecast and watch carefully at the part where the howler happened..it was on the right side of the field and one can clearly see it was Lauren that was tryin to attempt a feeble clearance albeit a lost cause..nobody is finding fault for the sake of finding fault its constructive criticism in the search for the perfect balance for Arsenal...we are not the manager but passionate fans and passionate fans usually want what is best for the team... ;D no one is blaming Lauren for any error or non-errror that he did or did not make..its ones viewpoint u dont have to read it if u dont like it... :| but great collective win for ARSENAL!

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think lehmann should get some stick. lets be honest, if gilberto, cygan or lauren had an howler like that we would all be up for lynching them. if you are goin to critizise players, no one should be immune. Apart from his mistake, lehmann looked dodgy on crosses. and i have felt like that all season.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
JazzG said:
Once we got back to 1-1 there was only one winner. The way we passed it and controlled play for such long periods was superb. Should of scored 4 more if you ask me but like usual we didn't take our chances.

A very good performance. We knocked it about well and really dominated the match. If we had taken our chances better we could of scored 3 or 4 more as well! However as usual we made it hard for ourselves and wasted chances. Leeds had a good 10min spell but that was it, no real clear cut chances for them.

Pires has become a very consistant goal scorer for us. He has 10 already this season which is very good for a left winger. Henry created 2 and scored 1, only played because Ali was ill today as well. Freddie was superb in the first half and I'd say everyone had a decent game.

Is there a position Toure can't play? I think we should try him goal next match :p

I agree with everything you said Jazz. I was already thinking about the next round after Edu scored. Leeds are an extremely poor side and I knew they wouldn't create much against us. The football we play is just a pleasure to watch. Its out of this world! We could have easily scored 6 or 7. Kanu would be an even better player if he could shoot! On a seperate note I think Milner looks like a very good prospect.

Top Bottom