Fabianski and the goalkeeping dilemma

Discussion in 'Players' started by Linson, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linson

Linson Well-Known Member

Having been appalled by yet another lacklustre display by the ever calamitous Fabianski, my patience has finally broken and I feel obliged to post this...

1. Fabianski is not Arsenal quality, although it’s a given that he is a young ‘keeper and as such will make mistakes through the learning process but this is getting ridiculous. Can anyone actually genuinely remember a game where he didn’t totally screw up!? Maybe he should be allowed to stay at Arsenal in the hope that when he turns 30 he’ll actually be OK.

2. Almunia is not a fan favourite by any stretch of the imagination, all too often have I come on to this forum and found the Almunia bashing to be rampant. Personally I don’t think he’s all that bad but he’ll never be the next Seaman and for that reason we should look for a replacement. It’s difficult to look at the likes of Cech, Van der Sar and even Shay Given to an extent that we don’t have someone as equally adept at their craft in nets.

3. Although Mannone is the only goalkeeper to have impressed anyone this season (apart from Szcesny on loan) he is far too young to be in between the sticks at a club vying for the premiership title.

I believe that the cumulative performances from Fabianski has meant that we now have little choice but to actively search for a new goalkeeper that can actually challenge Almunia’s mediocrity!

2. albakos

albakos Proud Albanian from Kosova Administrator

Few weeks ago Wenger said that it never crossed his mind to sign a keeper.

He is "happy enough" with what we've got. In Wenger terms, soon enough we will see Flabianski and Szczesny become world class keepers.

Given the current clowns that we've got, an experienced PL keeper would bring improvements in our goal conceded stats. Schwarzer, Howard, Sorensen or Jussi.

3. James

James New Member Elite

This is being discussed to death in the other section.

4. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

Very tricky Linson - thought you could hide it in this section, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.