• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He does look like he could do with adding some extra weight, smaller European clubs don’t tend to focus on the conditional side

Look at Goretzka’s insane transformation when he switched to Bayern. Same with Bale. Even our own Eddie has clearly been hitting the gym.

Gym work as long as the player is motivated is a relatively minor aspect. As long as he doesn’t shy away from the physical side.
Agree, strength and weight are the two easiest attributes for the club to addres. Might take 12 months but u would hope he works on achieving his peak condition for the PL.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
View attachment 7394

Maybe.

James McPrickalas was theorising that he may be dual playmaker with ODG with Partey behind them two like he's tried to do with ESR.

They also said he could in theory play off the left. Not only do I not know what his pace is like, but as you can see he hasn't played there for his previous club so I'm not sure I believe that.
Him playing up front is quite interesting here.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Got a feeling he will play a bigger part than people think.
Lad looks like a driven baller on the field, could surprise us easily.

A bit of a shy person outside of the field, but his rise has been quite fast to the spotlight. Seems the kind of person professionally who likely takes this bulking up talk as more motivation.

Wonderful to have more options to break busses on the field. That can't be underestimated for success.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Got a feeling he will play a bigger part than people think.
So what's the position he would play then? If he is meant to play as an advanced playmaker or on the right, he will struggle to get minutes, CM looks like an option if we finally move away from Xhaka and adapt a ball-controlling playstyle as Chelsea does with Jorginho and Kovacic. Don't think in the current system he can add much

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So what's the position he would play then? If he is meant to play as an advanced playmaker or on the right, he will struggle to get minutes, CM looks like an option if we finally move away from Xhaka and adapt a ball-controlling playstyle as Chelsea does with Jorginho and Kovacic. Don't think in the current system he can add much
A in the left half space. ESR didnt work because ESR sets, spins off and attacks space early, but also attacks space late. Essentially Vieira mirror what Ødegaard does on the right but with more defensive ability in the tackle. ESR also isn't the best passer.

Vieira-----Ødegaard
-----Partey

That would be the midfield if we don't get Tielemans and in games where we need more steel:

Martinez----Ødegaard
--------Partey

Martinez would perform the Xhaka role, but be more press resistant.

Bloodbather

Established Member

A in the left half space. ESR didnt work because ESR sets, spins off and attacks space early, but also attacks space late. Essentially Vieira mirror what Ødegaard does on the right but with more defensive ability in the tackle. ESR also isn't the best passer.

Vieira-----Ødegaard
-----Partey

That would be the midfield if we don't get Tielemans and in games where we need more steel:

Martinez----Ødegaard
--------Partey

This is why I think Martínez is such a crucial signing. He'd be a glue for the team tactically, makes both the 2-3-5 and the double pivot systems work as LB and DM, while covering for LCB.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Vieira-----Ødegaard
-----Partey

Martinez----Ødegaard
--------Partey

I like the combinations you've posted and would love to see both working on the pitch. What are your thoughts on a three without one or both of Partey and Ode especially Partey?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like the combinations you've posted and would love to see both working on the pitch. What are your thoughts on a three without one or both of Partey and Ode especially Partey?

So without Partey:

Vieira----Ødegaard
--------Martinez

Without both:

Saka------Vieira
-------Martinez

The option would be limited without drafting in Elneny.

Personally I think we need 3 starting 8s.

Ødegaard, Vieira, Tielemans, Lokonga

Then you have Partey, Martinez, Elneny as the 6s.

I think we will need to move Xhaka on to bring in Tielemans.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So without Partey:

Vieira----Ødegaard
--------Martinez

Without both:

Saka------Vieira
-------Martinez

The option would be limited without drafting in Elneny.

Personally I think we need 3 starting 8s.

Ødegaard, Vieira, Tielemans, Lokonga

Then you have Partey, Martinez, Elneny as the 6s.

I think we will need to move Xhaka on to bring in Tielemans.
Thank you. Interesting that you put Saka in the three over ESR but we have real tactical and practical flexibility if we get the rumoured targets and manage to get a youth player to do a bit too.

bergholt

We're going to play zero strikers

GK
Back four
Partey
Saka Vieira Ødegaard ESR Martinelli
-

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
True. You don't want to do what Wilshere did.

Agree.

Wilshere in 2011...

latest

Wilshere in 2013...

1467704937-milhouse4.jpg

It's all about finding a nice balance!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

This guy look ridiculous goal creation player. I expect too many assists look how far he is from our most creative outlet Ødegaard of course Portuguese league play part

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I thought the 'you have to be big to play in the PL' myth was dispelled long ago. Evidently not.

Should of been for anyone old enough on this forum in the 90s when the likes of Zola and Juninho were 2 of better players in the league. That was in the 90s too when refs didn't blow their whsitle for slightest bit of contact and the likes Vinnie Jones playing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom