• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
"“Fábio has a lot of quality and has been demonstrating that, whether in the FC Porto is in the Under-21s, he has had good numbers and good performances," Fernandes continued.

“I hope he succeeds like all the Portuguese out there.

"We have to start valuing what is ours and I hope that Fábio manages to be as good as possible, despite of wanting to stay ahead.”"

---

Former Liverpool defender Jose Fonte also recently heaped praise on Vieira, who like Fernandes, told Arsenal fans to get 'very excited' about their new signing.

“He’s a very exciting young player who is very talented on the ball and intelligent,” said Fonte.

“Arsenal fans should be very excited because he’s the sort of player that they’ll like.

"I’m looking forward to seeing him in the Premier League.”"

I read exactly the same thing when Lokonga was signed..he was termed as next big thing of Belgium
He couldn’t even put in a performance against small teams and fans are calling out for a new midfielder

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I read exactly the same thing when Lokonga was signed..he was termed as next big thing of Belgium
He couldn’t even put in a performance against small teams and fans are calling out for a new midfielder
Way too soon to make any verdict of Sambi. He wasn't bought to start, and it was his first season in EPL.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not really seeing anything here to suggest he's ready to make an impact now, like i said, maybe 1, 2 or 3 seasons time.
Looks like he has bags of technical ability. You might be right or he could make an impact immediately if he has the brain to match.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
This guy is definitely not a project and I would not be surprised if he is one of the best players in our team this season. Comparisons to Lokonga are way, way, off, Vieira's ability level and technical level are in totally different realms than Lokonga.

In short:
I don't think he looks at all raw and think he'll be one of our best players right now. The combination of skills is simply rare. He can carry with close control at pace and change direction in a split second, he can put in perfectly timed through balls, plays outside of the ball curved passes, precision crossing, brilliant striker of the ball, while being a set piece taker and he looks to have really good decision making and vision. My main issue with him starting would be how he can contribute defensively but ESR and Ødegaard have the same issues.

1656768486460.png

I don't care what league you are in that^ kind of passing profile is simply rare. Look at one of the biggest prospects in world football there, playing at a similar level in the Bundesliga, well, well below him.

This guy will be an important player for us this season, there's a reason we paid the £35m and made sure to get this deal done, he's one of those talents.

Curtarc

FC Porto fan here to shed some light on Fábio Vieira and what you guys can expect of him this season. Basically Fábio alongside Vitinha and the GK Diogo Costa were the best players to come out from Porto's youth system over the last few years and there are a lot of expectations that they will go far in football and become World Class in the future.

Last season all three of these players started gaining relevancy in Porto's main squad, but each with different degrees of success: Diogo Costa became a main 11 player in both Porto and Portugal, Vitinha did the same in Porto and got called to Portugal's A national team and Fábio Vieira ocasionally grabbed a place in Porto's main 11, but seemed unable to perform with the same consistency as the other two.

Fábio is a highly technical and skilled player, with incredible ball control, good vision and passing and does well enough when it comes to shooting that he consistently tries to score from afar. He is a decent corner and free kick taker, but don't expect him to start scoring goals from free kicks left and right. When he is at the top of his game he can be a match winner and responsible for many assists.

Now, as for the bad, Fábio is behind Vitinha when it comes to maturity and development as a player. If I were to wager which of the two has more chance of success I would put my money on Vitinha at PSG because he showed more capacity to adapt his game to what the manager wanted and listen to criticism and become a better player because of it. Vieira on the other hand is more stubborn and also a bit cocky. It's not that he didn't show progress, there were times where he would shine and win us a game, winning a position in the starting 11 in the process, he just had a tendency to falter after 2/3 games in the main 11 and would inevitably lose a spot again, only to repeat the process some games later.

One thing that he was heavily criticized on by the manager was his inabily to maintain his focus on the game throughout the entire 90 minutes. Sometimes it looked like he was a bit absent-minded and then would forget to pressure an opponent which would lead to a dangerous goal situation for opposition team. This explains why he never really grabbed the spot in the main 11 unlike the other two players I mentioned: he lacked consistency and Sérgio Conceição (our manager) is not known for his patience, if a player is not providing what he wants for the team then he has no qualms when it comes to removing him.

Now, don't get discouraged by what I just said. Fábio can become a very important player at Arsenal, he just needs to find a manager with the patience to nurture his immense potential and instill some football knowledge that he currently lacks. He needs a manager that believes in his talent and gives him the opportunities to grow and fail and become a better player because of it. I hope he finds what he needs there and ends up becoming another important player for both Arsenal and Portugal's national team !

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
FC Porto fan here to shed some light on Fábio Vieira and what you guys can expect of him this season. Basically Fábio alongside Vitinha and the GK Diogo Costa were the best players to come out from Porto's youth system over the last few years and there are a lot of expectations that they will go far in football and become World Class in the future.

Last season all three of these players started gaining relevancy in Porto's main squad, but each with different degrees of success: Diogo Costa became a main 11 player in both Porto and Portugal, Vitinha did the same in Porto and got called to Portugal's A national team and Fábio Vieira ocasionally grabbed a place in Porto's main 11, but seemed unable to perform with the same consistency as the other two.

Fábio is a highly technical and skilled player, with incredible ball control, good vision and passing and does well enough when it comes to shooting that he consistently tries to score from afar. He is a decent corner and free kick taker, but don't expect him to start scoring goals from free kicks left and right. When he is at the top of his game he can be a match winner and responsible for many assists.

Now, as for the bad, Fábio is behind Vitinha when it comes to maturity and development as a player. If I were to wager which of the two has more chance of success I would put my money on Vitinha at PSG because he showed more capacity to adapt his game to what the manager wanted and listen to criticism and become a better player because of it. Vieira on the other hand is more stubborn and also a bit cocky. It's not that he didn't show progress, there were times where he would shine and win us a game, winning a position in the starting 11 in the process, he just had a tendency to falter after 2/3 games in the main 11 and would inevitably lose a spot again, only to repeat the process some games later.

One thing that he was heavily criticized on by the manager was his inabily to maintain his focus on the game throughout the entire 90 minutes. Sometimes it looked like he was a bit absent-minded and then would forget to pressure an opponent which would lead to a dangerous goal situation for opposition team. This explains why he never really grabbed the spot in the main 11 unlike the other two players I mentioned: he lacked consistency and Sérgio Conceição (our manager) is not known for his patience, if a player is not providing what he wants for the team then he has no qualms when it comes to removing him.

Now, don't get discouraged by what I just said. Fábio can become a very important player at Arsenal, he just needs to find a manager with the patience to nurture his immense potential and instill some football knowledge that he currently lacks. He needs a manager that believes in his talent and gives him the opportunities to grow and fail and become a better player because of it. I hope he finds what he needs there and ends up becoming another important player for both Arsenal and Portugal's national team !

Thank you for taking the time to come to the forum and sharing your knowledge. What do you think of the Benfica fullback Alejandro Grimaldo? As we've been linked to him too

GDeep™

League is very weak

Sounds like he’s a project then. Thanks.

Curtarc

Thank you for taking the time to come to the forum and sharing your knowledge. What do you think of the Benfica fullback Alejandro Grimaldo? As we've been linked to him too

Grimaldo is really good at going forward, crossing and participating in offensive plays, but is very limited when it comes to defending. When Benfica was playing with only 2 centre backs he was constantly linked to silly goals that Benfica would concede in counters and received criticism from Benfica fans, but later the manager changed his tactical approach to 3 centre backs while allowing more freedom for Grimaldo to attack and have someone else to cover him in case the team got hit in the counter. He improved his form with that change.

So I would say Grimaldo's success at Arsenal will depend on how the manager plays him and the tactics that he uses, but you absolutely cannot leave him exposed at the back as other teams will easily exploit his weakness defending.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Basically he's not Vitinha, who is a proven PL failure. Make of that what you want.

This has a slight air of Guendouzi, might have been an horrendous gamble with the manager we have

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

I've seen a few of these Fabio Vieria vs compilations and in all i've them i've noticed one thing, he is unable to take on a man. Most of the time he checks back and passes sideways/backwards.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

What do you see as his best position? Where do you think he'll end up playing?

Pulp

One thing that he was heavily criticized on by the manager was his inabily to maintain his focus on the game throughout the entire 90 minutes. Sometimes it looked like he was a bit absent-minded and then would forget to pressure an opponent which would lead to a dangerous goal situation for opposition team
Sounds like a "non-negotiables" player already!

Curtarc

What do you see as his best position? Where do you think he'll end up playing?
He plays best as an offensive midfielder, the so called number 10, with freedom to roam the opposition's pitch and use his skill to create opportunities and assist his teammates with through balls.

You can't really expect him to do much pressing and have the high working rate required to play further back. At least not from what I have seen him display at Porto, but he could always develop that in England with the right coaching.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He plays best as an offensive midfielder, the so called number 10, with freedom to roam the opposition's pitch and use his skill to create opportunities and assist his teammates with through balls.

You can't really expect him to do much pressing and have the high working rate required to play further back. At least not from what I have seen him display at Porto, but he could always develop that in England with the right coaching.
As i feared. As you can probably tell, i've been left confused by the signing. Ødegaard plays that role and is 23, likely our captain, we have so many holes to fill elsewhere, 30m a waste of resources imo. I fear he'll end up like other talent from Liga Nos; Renato Sanches, Fabio Silva, Trincao, moving to a big league/club too soon.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This guy is definitely not a project and I would not be surprised if he is one of the best players in our team this season. Comparisons to Lokonga are way, way, off, Vieira's ability level and technical level are in totally different realms than Lokonga.

I don't care what league you are in that^ kind of passing profile is simply rare. Look at one of the biggest prospects in world football there, playing at a similar level in the Bundesliga, well, well below him.

This guy will be an important player for us this season, there's a reason we paid the £35m and made sure to get this deal done, he's one of those talents.

FC Porto fan here to shed some light on Fábio Vieira and what you guys can expect of him this season.

Nobody said it, so I'm gonna say it - this contrast is hilarious to me god damn.

Think Imma go with the Porto fan myself, sounds like Fabio is a project.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This kid will be in and out of Europa League games and that's about it.

dbig

Sounds like you'll see him back in Portugal on loan in 2023/24.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom