• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Henry boi

Let's give the boy a chance for FFS, fans from Portugal who have watched him week in week out rate him,
Yeah he's not going straight to the first team and you can see why there are things he needs to work on, also I saw that Lyon VS of his and he was terrible but saying his highlights against Lazio are worrying is objectively wrong!

ash_rasul

Hands up if you would have rather sacked this signing and got Scamacca for roughly the same fee? 🙋‍♂️
I've actually changed my stance on this after seeing Eddie's form this pre season so far. He looks he may have actually gone up a level or two and I'm excited to see what he can offer up top or on the wing in combination with Jesus.

As nice as it would be to have a proven, more conventional option up front, I see that as less of a priority now. If we are able to add another winger this window, then we may be set up top for now.

TinFish

I've actually changed my stance on this after seeing Eddie's form this pre season so far. He looks he may have actually gone up a level or two and I'm excited to see what he can offer up top or on the wing in combination with Jesus.

As nice as it would be to have a proven, more conventional option up front, I see that as less of a priority now. If we are able to add another winger this window, then we may be set up top for now.
We could have stuck Jebus on the wings and rotated Scamacca and Nketiah. IF both flop we still have Jebus.

Then we could have gone in for a player like Paqueta instead. Unfortunately Vieira has **** blocked a potential signing like Paqueta.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
You not a Sambi fan? I think he's got promise if he wises up on his defensive positioning and basics. Tackle success rate of nearly 90%... Highest volume of passes, and pass accuracy of any of our mids (and it's not shown above but he's very progressive as well). Obviously off a small sample size.

He needs game time but I think he could pleasantly surprise people this year as one of the improvers. It's classic AM to write off a player after a few bad games. I see we've done that for Turner after one pre-season mistake as well, so nothing changes at all on Agenda Mania. For those interested in looking a bit deeper, I think there's something to see.
Sambi has got promise and was not as bad as he was made out- a bit timid maybe. I thought he did well when partnered with Partey. He did the running and Partey covered. It kept Sambi in the game and Partey injury free with a platform for the youngster to actually learn.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Back to Fabio, I hope he's fit enough to get the odd 20 minutes right from the start. The timing of his signing is actually right as we now have players (if selected) who can pass and move the ball quickly. This guy looks like he could be a proper tempo setter but no pressure, just hope

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Sambi has got promise and was not as bad as he was made out- a bit timid maybe. I thought he did well when partnered with Partey. He did the running and Partey covered. It kept Sambi in the game and Partey injury free with a platform for the youngster to actually learn.
Timid is exactly the right word. He's been a bit annoymous - needs to be more visible and play with more confidence. He's not awful though, but obviously not up to the standard we need yet either

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Timid is exactly the right word. He's been a bit annoymous - needs to be more visible and play with more confidence. He's not awful though, but obviously not up to the standard we need yet either
If you look at the types of passes he can play and the ways he can move he’s got a lot. To me it’s like the cricket phrase- ‘he’s got all the shots’. What he doesn’t have is the network of decision making to get him into the positions with the ball at his feet to show those skills. He needs to learn how to move of the ball and when to do things with intensity, not small things but he has talent imo.
I think if Mikel as good at coaching this type of thing because if Martinelli and Xhaka but haven’t seen enough steps forward from Sambi.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Hands up if you would have rather sacked this signing and got Scamacca for roughly the same fee? 🙋‍♂️

why-not-both-why-not.gif

But yea I think we should of got Scamacca for that lowish fee. Depends if Jesus was adament about being a number 9 though

Henry boi

Some of you deserve to be supporting this current terrible Arsenal, imagine being so pressed about Ødegaard, objectively one of our most important players lol

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah Ødegaard is ok, a big part of his appeal is what he could be. If we've already seen his best he can gtfo for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom