• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Ødegaard is a massive talent, for a couple of months he was looking like one of the best in the league with his influence over our games.

The problem being he went missing at the critical stage of the season. To be fair to him so did the rest of the squad but given his important role in the team he needs to put that right if we want to achieve anything going forward.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Ødegaard is a massive talent, for a couple of months he was looking like one of the best in the league with his influence over our games.

The problem being he went missing at the critical stage of the season. To be fair to him so did the rest of the squad but given his important role in the team he needs to put that right if we want to achieve anything going forward.
Completely agree, but the talent is obvious and he's 23 and already earning that spot imo. Obviously want improvement to see him become one of the best in the world and he has the ceiling so hopefully he works hard and fulfils that potential.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Assuming the club have done their homework on his talent because I've seen too little to say for myself, I'm coming around to this signing more and more.

Depth was a problem last season, so a signing in any position helps our rotation.

We now get more subs so could use more viable bench options.

We're statistically behind top clubs in chance creation.

Ødegaard is tidy but sometimes a little safe and could use competition for his place as he still has room to grow (though I'm curious how he'll fare with Jesus as an upgrade in front of him). Maybe they'll even play together and the burden on him will lessen as a sole creator.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Assuming the club have done their homework on his talent because I've seen too little to say for myself, I'm coming around to this signing more and more.

Depth was a problem last season, so a signing in any position helps our rotation.

Ødegaard is tidy but sometimes a little safe and could use competition for his place as he still has room to grow (though I'm curious how he'll fare with Jesus as an upgrade in front of him). Maybe they'll even play together and the burden on him will lessen as a sole creator.
yeah you have a point, a better striker is likely to get the best out of Ødegaard. It could be the case that Ode (and others) were too conservative because of the lack of pace up top once Auba had gone, but that shouldn't be a problem now because Jesus is fairly quick.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The risky player who can unlock a defence was missing when the team was trailing. Arteta only had Pepe on the bench who isn't that sort of player as he also requires service.

I'm guessing that's the role Vieira could play? as Ødegaard is conservative and cautious even when the team is trailing. Stab in the dark as I don't know the player but from the little I have seen and read, I have gathered he isn't shy about giving the ball away trying the risky pass. Might explain his assist numbers.

Clarifying again, just speculation from me I don't know the guy.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Hope he plays in a bit. Want to see what he brings to the squad.

Can see this thread getting 50 pages by monday if he sucks today.

Legend14

Established Member
The risky player who can unlock a defence was missing when the team was trailing. Arteta only had Pepe on the bench who isn't that sort of player as he also requires service.

I'm guessing that's the role Vieira could play? as Ødegaard is conservative and cautious even when the team is trailing. Stab in the dark as I don't know the player but from the little I have seen and read, I have gathered he isn't shy about giving the ball away trying the risky pass. Might explain his assist numbers.

Clarifying again, just speculation from me I don't know the guy.
We’ve needle Vieira a bit because nobody knows who he is and he’s injured day 1, but he could end up being the one person who can be an attacking threat from the middle. He’s quick and fast on the ball and very technical. We do not have anyone like him. Crossing my fingers.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Arteta might use him in this way next season, but 100% he wants him to be a player who gives control leading to threat like øde. Arteta doesn’t **** with people giving the ball away.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta say Vieira still need time to start training with group.

Look his injury was bit serious better not take risk shame he'll have no pre season but at least it'll make him return earlier.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The signs don't look good injury-wise.

6666Louis

The problem with ødegaard in the last few important (Newcastle, Tottenham) games was the horrible midfield of elneny and Xhaka got bullied in both, and ødegaard was the only one who could turn with ball, thus man marked even when he ran down to pick up the ball at right back.

blame was on the quality in our midfield. And lacking white, and ramsdale couldn’t hit **** in those games

subscribe to notion that ødegaard will become one of the best players in the world

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Looks like a real player on the YouTube vids. Probably even more offensive minded than Ødegaard.

Will be interesting to see where he fits. I’d imagine on the wings, or is he an attacking mid?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't get this nonsense with pushing Ødegaard. Ode is considered a starter here and he did have a good season, the same goes for Saka on the RW.

Other options are LW where Martinelli wasn't too effective (although that could always change), and Xhaka who is just not good enough and never will be. If he isn't good enough to replace Xhaka, then this transfer will probably gonna end up being a waste of money

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If he isn't good enough to replace Xhaka, then this transfer will probably gonna end up being a waste of money
We shouldn't expect him to replace anyone in his first season in EPL.

He's not going to be waste of money because we need quality depth, this guy brings more attacking options and quality rotation.

If we buy for example Tielemans in addition, having a young very talented player like Vieira on the bench is good squad planning. He will likely only get better and is happy to rotate and fight for a spot. And can likely play multiple positions.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I don't get this nonsense with pushing Ødegaard. Ode is considered a starter here and he did have a good season, the same goes for Saka on the RW.

Other options are LW where Martinelli wasn't too effective (although that could always change), and Xhaka who is just not good enough and never will be. If he isn't good enough to replace Xhaka, then this transfer will probably gonna end up being a waste of money

It's just wishful thinking tbh, it's clear nobody here knows anything about this guy

I agree Martinelli needs to be upgraded too, but Vieira's main position seems to be where Ødegaard plays. He's not replacing Xhaka, nobody is.

Legend14

Established Member
It's just wishful thinking tbh, it's clear nobody here knows anything about this guy

I agree Martinelli needs to be upgraded too, but Vieira's main position seems to be where Ødegaard plays. He's not replacing Xhaka, nobody is.

He may not replace Xhaka, but Zinchenko will. Its a long season and though Arteta favors Xhaka, he tends to play the hot hand. Zinchenko is better than Xhaka and eventually he will demonstrate this. Likely in Euro and when Tierney returns or during some unlucky red card suspension.

I like Xhaka, but there are levels. Zinchenko isn’t here to just play LB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom