• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Arteta has already said that Vieira's versatility was a big part of his game, so we'll see Ødegaard and Vieira together as the season progresses. Vieira can supposedly play AM, LW, RW, False 9, and B2B.

My guess is that he's mostly playing AM because it is his best position and allows us to rest Ødegaard, but once he gets more settled into the team we might see him in different positions. I think he could also play RW instead of Marquinhos so that Saka can get a break.
Agreed. We could see him as sort of a super utility player this season to help with rotation.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I hate to compare him to that scumbag but he’s very much like Bruno Fernandes.

May not get involved in play too often but can always pop up with a decisive moment. It’s important to have players like these around.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Remember when we had no proper creative mids for ages, until a young ESR saved us.

We are at a point now were Emile can be injured for the whole season, but we won't miss him at all, because we have talents like Ødegaard and Fabio at the club.

Took having players like this for granted as we always had loads, but after the very dark 2 year period of 2019 and 2020, I never will again.

Looks absolute quality this kid.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Although his G/A numbers will be very high as he has a good shot and final ball, I hope he'll start to get more involved during matches. He only made 16 passes last night which is unacceptably low for an Arsenal attacking midfielder. I hope that it's just him getting used to his teammates and not his style of play.
I saw his low pass stat and was quite surprised. He played the full 90 as well, 16 is very low. But comparing all of our players passes, they all attempted less passes against Bodo/Glimt (B/G) than we have averaged all season. That collective decline perhaps indicates our tactic for this game. We were happy to concede possession if it meant keeping B/G pinned in their own half.

It is interesting that he attempted and completed all 16 of his passes. People compare him to KDB & Bruno but his passing is nowhere near as ambitious (and thus wasteful) as those two. At the same time he's racking up the G/A numbers. 🤷‍♀️

I don't know whether his passing yesterday was down to our tactic of suffocating B/G or a reflection of his ability.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I saw his low pass stat and was quite surprised. He played the full 90 as well, 16 is very low. But comparing all of our players passes, they all attempted less passes against Bodo/Glimt (B/G) than we have averaged all season. That collective decline perhaps indicates our tactic for this game. We were happy to concede possession if it meant keeping B/G pinned in their own half.

It is interesting that he attempted and completed all 16 of his passes. People compare him to KDB & Bruno but his passing is nowhere near as ambitious (and thus wasteful) as those two. At the same time he's racking up the G/A numbers. 🤷‍♀️

I don't know whether his passing yesterday was down to our tactic of suffocating B/G or a reflection of his ability.
Arteta himself said that the players have not played much together and it showed, and they were a bit sloppy with passing anyway.

Pretty sure I have seen in those Vieira Porto videos some amazing creative passes and through balls.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

He's just settling into the team after a delay to his preseason due to the foot injury. Much like young Marquinhos, he's probably playing a bit conservatively while learning the system and the way that his teammates operate before becoming more expansive with time and increased confidence.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Having players who aren't first choice players that are of the quality of Tierney, Vieira, Holdini ESR and Tomiyasu just shows how much depth in quality we have and how much we have vastly inproved.

Does anyone have a better back up LB, ACM, CB and RB in league? I don't thinks so.
I would add Nketiah to that list too. I can't think of many better backup strikers in the league to be honest, Alvarez and Firminho maybe although Alvarez is unproven and Firminho is past his best.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I would add Nketiah to that list too. I can't think of many better backup strikers in the league to be honest, Alvarez and Firminho maybe although Alvarez is unproven and Firminho is past his best.
Firmino past his best, what? According to Transfermarkt he has 6 games with 5+3 in EPL. A point per 52,5 minutes. Crazy numbers. Just turned 31 years old.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It’s a shame he’s not right-footed cos then you could really imagine him and Ødegaard balancing nicely on either side. But still very positive that he’s settling well and clearly has talent.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Quite funny how the Portuguese guy here looks like a freaking ghost, while the Englishman is the one with the tan.

Benny Blanco will definitely be on some type of reality tv show, when he retires!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I hate to compare him to that scumbag but he’s very much like Bruno Fernandes.

May not get involved in play too often but can always pop up with a decisive moment. It’s important to have players like these around.
I don’t want to stereotype but there’s something about Portuguese players who always come up in clutch moments.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Anyone else think he’d look better with just a moustache? Definitely my main observation of his performance last night, wondered if anyone felt the same.

@Trilly thoughts?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Does this mean you have a goatee yourself?

Trying to imagine Samir Nasri with an Uncle Sam beard and it's not looking good brev.

waynes world GIF

TornadoTed

Established Member
Firmino past his best, what? According to Transfermarkt he has 6 games with 5+3 in EPL. A point per 52,5 minutes. Crazy numbers. Just turned 31 years old.
He has made a good start to the season for sure, probably been their best player. He has been declining for a couple of seasons before this year though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Anyone else think he’d look better with just a moustache? Definitely my main observation of his performance last night, wondered if anyone felt the same.

@Trilly thoughts?

He’d look really great with a toothbrush moustache.

One of Hitler’s underrated crimes is ruining that moustache and the name Adolf forever.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Although his G/A numbers will be very high as he has a good shot and final ball, I hope he'll start to get more involved during matches. He only made 16 passes last night which is unacceptably low for an Arsenal attacking midfielder. I hope that it's just him getting used to his teammates and not his style of play.
Fair concern, didn’t even realise. Hopefully just a freak stat.

Top Bottom