• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looking like a weird transfer. Watched Vitinha last couple of games for PSG and he looks like the player I thought Vieira would be, Cazorla esque and gets involved in the build up.

Like you said, Vieira is looking like a poor mans Bruno.
I think both very talented vitinha look better and ahead of his development but i can see Fabio become very good the ability is there but he easily getting bullied off ball he'll likely take full season to get his body ready and settle.

I'm sure we bought him so we don't lose out next summer he was already tearing the Portuguese league apart. Just like Saliba transfer

Bucephalus

I think both very talented vitinha look better and ahead of his development but i can see Fabio become very good the ability is there but he easily getting bullied off ball he'll likely take full season to get his body ready and settle.

I'm sure we bought him so we don't lose out next summer he was already tearing the Portuguese league apart. Just like Saliba transfer
While mostly joking, is there any chance Blackpool would let us recall Patino and send Viera on loan in his place in January? The talent is clearly there, there just seems to be a little physicality missing. Half a season playing every week and getting clattered in the Championship could do wonders.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Vieira has had some nice performances already, he hasn't totally put together over a full match but the signs are there. I expect we'll see a few impressive performances from him in the second half of the season after the world cup and the second pre-season.

Btw his second finish wasn't bad. Well struck, did the right thing to go back to the other side wrong footing the keeper. Defender made a good block. If you're being critical you can say he should've gone for more power and the right idea and lifted it more and adjusted it more to the post. But not a bad finish at all.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I thought his movement off the ball was good but there’s something off about his first touch under the slightest bit of pressure…

It’s like he intentionally pushes the ball away a bit to get away from his man but unlike a wilshere, he doesn’t have the burst to pull it off and just loses it. Or it could just be he’s weak, I dunno.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
You can tell he's facing an inner conflict. He wants to play football, but he knows he's paid to play Artetaball.

One minute he was shouting at disbelief at Nelson's silly movement, the next he was exaggerating contact like his role demands

Uncle Good-Advice

I thought his movement off the ball was good but there’s something off about his first touch under the slightest bit of pressure…

It’s like he intentionally pushes the ball away a bit to get away from his man but unlike a wilshere, he doesn’t have the burst to pull it off and just loses it. Or it could just be he’s weak, I dunno.
Good observation, however I don't think it's intentional. He's been just clumsy in possession many times which is strange for such technically gifted footballer. I think he feels a bit of pressure psychologically and our game is much faster than he used to know at Porto. Hopefully it will slow down for him next season. If not then he's going to face similar 50/50 tackles like tonight but may not be so lucky that time.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This season is basically a free hit for him tbh, he’s adapting to English football. I’m a lot harder on guys like Sambi Nketiah etc who know English football and just aren’t good enough for the top level.

Huh? Sambi and Eddie know nothing about English football they’ve never started anywhere even if Eddie grew up here.

Vieira probably overtakes them in starts in a couple seasons, but he himself hasn’t had that much exposure to top level football so this Arsenal team will be difficult for him. They all have the same problem.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Huh? Sambi and Eddie know nothing about English football they’ve never started anywhere even if Eddie grew up here.

Vieira probably overtakes them in starts in a couple seasons, but he himself hasn’t had that much exposure to top level football so this Arsenal team will be difficult for him. They all have the same problem.

Nah cmon Sambi has been here a year and Eddie grew up here n has played in PL and championship. The point remains that they’re not acclimatising they’re just struggling to perform at the level required.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nah cmon Sambi has been here a year and Eddie grew up here n has played in PL and championship. The point remains that they’re not acclimatising they’re just struggling to perform at the level required.

It's definitely a free hit for Vieira this season, but after that his experience will be similar, he's looking at 12-15 starts in the prem max after coming from a so-so league which is around the same number of those other two.

You might as well write him off now if he's got just over a dozen games to impress.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
It's definitely a free hit for Vieira this season, but after that his experience will be similar, he's looking at 12-15 starts in the prem max after coming from a so-so league which is around the same number of those other two.

You might as well write him off now if he's got just over a dozen games to impress.

It’s a free hit for the opponents, they can blow at him and his skinny ass will fall

Needs to bulk up I’m afraid

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Needs to bulk up I’m afraid

His cameo against Forest I think? Was comical. He was just getting moved off the ball which happens to a lot of new players to the league let alone someone as frail as him.

He seems to have the goods technically, I like his shot and his willingness to try certain passes but yeah his natural physique and his lack of experience means he has a mountain to climb if I look at his situation logically. I wouldn't expect him to cook until after a couple of seasons.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Nah I’m saying opposite that he has a free hit this season, whereas I don’t think Sambi or Nketiah have the same leeway, they kinda just need to play better tbh

Bloodbather

Established Member

Look like I'm watching poor man Bruno Fernandes he always try to score instead of assisting or creating i still don't mind we have many creators.

But he need to get sharp asap just too weak
Had 14 assists for Porto last season. Definitely a playmaker, he just hasn't gotten comfortable dictating play yet.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nah I’m saying opposite that he has a free hit this season, whereas I don’t think Sambi or Nketiah have the same leeway, they kinda just need to play better tbh

You're not saying the opposite, you exaggerated the experience of two players you don't rate :lol:

I'm saying how much better do you expect Vieira to be after 17 prem appearances? for context Sambi had 19 last season 12 of them were starts.

Half of them he played well and many on here called that summer transfer window one of the best the club has seen at the time (the archives are there). If you are willing to be harsher on Vieira after a dozen appearances then fair enough.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Vieira 100% has the talent to make it, his final ball is top top level. Do think it’s just a case of adaptation for him.
Remember when people wrote off Ødegaard after half a season, or even before that? This kind of stuff is normal here.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Remember when people wrote off Ødegaard after half a season, or even before that? This kind of stuff is normal here.

I don’t really know what people expect, I think he’s been good considering it’s been his first 3 months here with very good signs.

Arsenal as a team also have really utilised his main strength, direct passes and deliveries from out wide. That may be the next tactical evolution Arteta goes for.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don’t really know what people expect, I think he’s been good considering it’s been his first 3 months here with very good signs.

Arsenal as a team also have really utilised his main strength, direct passes and deliveries from out wide. That may be the next tactical evolution Arteta goes for.
Guy didn't even have pre-season because of injury, which should be considered in how fast he can adapt.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom