• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Remember when people wrote off Ødegaard after half a season, or even before that? This kind of stuff is normal here.
👍Yeah I also remember how some of the bums who dont rate Ode thought Fabio was gonna replace him real soon after his early goal.
People thought Nuno was better than KT after a couple of appearances etc

Forum has far too much quick judgement.

Don't forget Viera wasn't even a regular starter at Porto & the prem is a real big step. up.
Im pretty chilled about him, he's got talent let's wait & see, give him some time to adjust & develop

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Looking like a weird transfer. Watched Vitinha last couple of games for PSG and he looks like the player I thought Vieira would be, Cazorla esque and gets involved in the build up.

Like you said, Vieira is looking like a poor mans Bruno.
I don't think he is the type who will control games/dictate play(few are tbf) but obviously has an eye for a goal & assist so can see the Bruno comparison.
If he can develop & get numbers we should be happy.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
👍Yeah I also remember how some of the bums who dont rate Ode thought Fabio was gonna replace him real soon after his early goal.
People thought Nuno was better than KT after a couple of appearances etc

Forum has far too much quick judgement.

Don't forget Viera wasn't even a regular starter at Porto & the prem is a real big step. up.
Im pretty chilled about him, he's got talent let's wait & see, give him some time to adjust & develop
Tbf some of the bums around here STILL don’t rate Ode…

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Tbf some of the bums around here STILL don’t rate Ode…
If you don't rate Ode you either don't understand ball or have an agenda.
As I have said b4 all no 10s have quiet games even the very best like Özil & Bergkamp.
Skipper & one of our most important players.
As well as his ability his effort & running stats are top notch.
People in the game certainly rate him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
So wait? He came in against Brentford and scored a goal and then he was better to Ødegaard. Now he’s not been as effective as we hoped, he is a waste of money?? Can we have some balanced views please? He’s a project signing and still acclimatising to this team.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Every signing should get a year of adaption, provided they show some promise (which Fabio has clearly done) not worried at all.

The very least he will be is a quality backup for Ødegaard, think he has shown far more good than bad so far too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Every signing should get a year of adaption, provided they show some promise (which Fabio has clearly done) not worried at all.

The very least he will be is a quality backup for Ødegaard, think he has shown far more good than bad so far too.
A senior signing should get a year of adaption, a Pepe for example, but a kid coming from Portugal needs 2 years simply due to how early he is into his development.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
A senior signing should get a year of adaption, a Pepe for example, but a kid coming from Portugal needs 2 years simply due to how early he is into his development.

You putting Vieira on a diet plan Guru Gary? Only raw meat and berries I’m told

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You're not saying the opposite, you exaggerated the experience of two players you don't rate :lol:

I'm saying how much better do you expect Vieira to be after 17 prem appearances? for context Sambi had 19 last season 12 of them were starts.

Half of them he played well and many on here called that summer transfer window one of the best the club has seen at the time (the archives are there). If you are willing to be harsher on Vieira after a dozen appearances then fair enough.

Why is it just about minutes. It’s about more than just minutes, it’s time spent in an environment. Sambi and Eddie have been here for longer so they’re no longer newbies, they are just judged on their performances, Vieira gets more time.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
He's definitely regressing, I thought it was just him not being that effective as a winger but now he's showing the same lack of flair and wrong decision making in the position we need an upgrade too.

Reminds me of ESR, Arteta turned a kid that looked like he could be a star into someone who got lost and tired of purposelessly running on the pitch and then into this depressed guy who gorges on food to deal with his situation.

We were lucky to squeeze some goals out of ESR so at this point all you can hope is that this guy can also deliver for a bit.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I seriously worry how the likes of Pires when he signed from Marseille and Thierry would be sh*tted on had they signed in this cutthroat generation.

Let’s not forget it took some of the best a bit of time to get to grips with the PL. The good thing with Fabio Vieira is you can see his quality and he has enough technical ability to suit our style but he just needs to adapt to the physicality of the PL.

Everyone knew what we were signing when we got him, it’s a project rather than a finished article so I’m not sure why people sold themselves a dream.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Why is it just about minutes. It’s about more than just minutes, it’s time spent in an environment. Sambi and Eddie have been here for longer so they’re no longer newbies, they are just judged on their performances, Vieira gets more time.

Because hanging around the locker room and actual minutes is not the same. You will see this after this season with Vieira when he’s most likely in the same boat.

There’s no cheating the minutes unless you’re prodigious talent or physically robust which none of the 3 are, hence my emphasis.

You’re going off at best 20 starts each in English football for those other two, you might as well write off Vieira now tbh.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He's definitely regressing, I thought it was just him not being that effective as a winger but now he's showing the same lack of flair and wrong decision making in the position we need an upgrade too.

Reminds me of ESR, Arteta turned a kid that looked like he could be a star into someone who got lost and tired of purposelessly running on the pitch and then into this depressed guy who gorges on food to deal with his situation.

We were lucky to squeeze some goals out of ESR so at this point all you can hope is that this guy can also deliver for a bit.
Over coaching by king tets?

Uncle Good-Advice

Over coaching by king tets?
There actually might be something in it. Our system is not a simple kick and rush. Players are constantly in motion, they need to understand when to press, how to move in offence and defence and also need to do it almost automatically. Also they need to be good characters in the dressing room. We have to be prepared that some (even very talented at first glance) won't make it here because of their psychological, intellectual or physical limitations. Is it overcoaching I don't know but surely have an impact on players' performances. Talent isn't everything in modern football.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Because hanging around the locker room and actual minutes is not the same. You will see this after this season with Vieira when he’s most likely in the same boat.

There’s no cheating the minutes unless you’re prodigious talent or physically robust which none of the 3 are, hence my emphasis.

You’re going off at best 20 starts each in English football for those other two, you might as well write off Vieira now tbh.

I’m not writing off Vieira I think he’s a talented player who just needs to adapt physically, shame he’s not right footed but he has the talent.

Sambi and Eddie I just don’t think have it.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not here to sh*t on the kid as that’s unfair but he’s cost the exact same as Ødegaard, Ode is world class and Viera looks absolutely trash and need a loan to League 2.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Look like I'm watching poor man Bruno Fernandes he always try to score instead of assisting or creating i still don't mind we have many creators.

But he need to get sharp asap just too weak

I said this as soon as we signed him. Others kept telling me he's more Bernardo Silva, press resistant, good dribbler, creative. All i saw was a Bruno Fernandes/Andre Gomes type.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Not here to sh*t on the kid as that’s unfair but he’s cost the exact same as Ødegaard, Ode is world class and Viera looks absolutely trash and need a loan to League 2.
I wouldn't say Ode is WC. Yet.

Its very early days for Viera. Let's give him some time before we write him off. He's shown some glimpses of what hes capable of but we need to see more personality from him for sure.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Yeah the fact he has to model his game on Ødegaard is pretty much a death sentence.

Nobody can do what Ødegaard does in world football, Vieira has no hope of emulating that graceful irrelevance

Top Bottom