• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Thought they where going to drag this one out as long as they could.

Anyway nice to see Vieira back at The Arsenal. If he has even a quarter of an impact of the first one he'll have done really well. Good luck to him.
Yes, Welcome to Arsenal Fabio. Hope the Portuguese Vieira can do something like this, what the last Vieira did at Arsenal.
Screenshot_20220622-053300.png

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's interesting he is so skinny at that age, and weird. He is like Patino but older isn't he? Well maybe not that thin. But he has played men's games at good level and football isn't heavyweight martial arts, so there's that. He also said that physicality is what he needs to improve.

I think they naturally see Ødegaard as the #10 here for the foreseeable future, so it's not so easy to buy a backup to him. Buying this guy before he develops into a beast, which he has potential to, while he accepts a smaller role can be a very good choice. Especially if he can play well almost across the attack to develop and be a backup.

And eventhough he hasn't played much yet like many of the club targets nowadays, not every player has to. The profile seems to be very important here, to splash out 30 million for such a young inexperienced player. This guy was the captain of U21 Portugal team. And looking at the interview, he said he likes to mostly be at home with his girlfriend and focus on his career or something. And said he will work, work and work.

This tells me they are willing to take a gamble on this guy, and that he won't lose his head and go clubbing every night when he comes to London.

I see him adjusting to the club, building muscle and playing cup games mostly next season. Maybe EPL from the bench when there is good opportunity with not much risk.

He has played some UEL and UCL for Porto already. 387 minutes with 1+2, a point per 129 minutes.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The money we paid for this kid and that ghost Ode, we could’ve signed Maddison.

No waiting around to develop, knows the league etc. Just saying. I think we’ll be waiting a few years until Vieira hits his strides.
The type of signings we've made are trivial in that way and it all falls apart if/when Saka leaves.

Some of the recent signings have had a knack for over performing though so maybe Vieira delivers and develops at the same time. I suspect ESR suffers more than Ødegaard in terms of minutes/competition though at first glance.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The whole skinny thing is a bit of a weird topic, he's a footballer not a bodybuilder, he has to be lean and agile. The guy has been training at a world class club for years now, I think their strength and conditioning coaches know what they're doing.

Guys like Modric and Bernado are very thin and are elite players, partly because they're so light on their feet and agile.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The whole skinny thing is a bit of a weird topic, he's a footballer not a bodybuilder, he has to be lean and agile. The guy has been training at a world class club for years now, I think their strength and conditioning coaches know what they're doing.

Nah he's skinny bro sorry lol

Doesn't determine his career you're right but we've seen more robust players come and fail in the league due to the physical nature of it. He's a central attacking player as well, so being that slight is...interesting. According to the Athletic article it has held him back a bit when climbing through the ranks.

Luckily, his game from the sounds of things tends to be centered around technical proficiency and running around like Ødegaard.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Guys like Modric and Bernado are very thin and are elite players, partly because they're so light on their feet and agile.
Like I said, it's not heavyweight martial arts, but still it catches the eye.

This guy won't be able as easily to shield the ball from defenders with his hands and body in EPL.

Modric and Silva are stronger, but it's not fair to compare to players who have been training for ages.

4323474-2022-02-11T205852Z_839221824_UP1EI2B1MA2DQ_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-PORTUGAL-POR-SLI-REPORT.JPG

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Remember when you threw a hissy fit about me talking covid and then you post this twaddle. Hypocritical *****.

How the hell are you back without the proper fanfare to announce a momentous occasion like this?!

Had I known, I'd have baked a cake purely for you to heap scorn on :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

His English is pretty good, should make settling easier.

Lot of Portuguese speakers round the club right now as well.

Guys like Edu in management he can talk to but also players like Nuno, Martinelli and Cedric as well.

One good aspect of the PL being so globalised is you’ll have someone a new guy can buddy up with.

6666Louis

Ødegaard has his spot cemented.

He looks like an 8, Xhaka replacement, but with his calmness in front of goal, penalty taker, and how gifted he is in tied spaces, he could take the harvertz 9 for some games

Or with his twist and turns and passing, he could play deeper like a Pirlo

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He does look like he could do with adding some extra weight, smaller European clubs don’t tend to focus on the conditional side

Look at Goretzka’s insane transformation when he switched to Bayern. Same with Bale. Even our own Eddie has clearly been hitting the gym.

Gym work as long as the player is motivated is a relatively minor aspect. As long as he doesn’t shy away from the physical side.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He does look like he could do with adding some extra weight, smaller European clubs don’t tend to focus on the conditional side

Look at Goretzka’s insane transformation when he switched to Bayern. Same with Bale. Even our own Eddie has clearly been hitting the gym.

Gym work as long as the player is motivated is a relatively minor aspect. As long as he doesn’t shy away from the physical side.
You want a player to bulk up but not bulk up so much that it becomes a hindrance.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There's a happy medium tho, Kolasinac I always thought was too big especially for LB/LWB.

He still performed vs a physical side in Liverpool, but it something that can and should be improve on.

Top Bottom