• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Is he on your list to contribute consistently if Ødegaard picks up an injury? With Ødegaard, saka, Martinelli, ESR and Nelson in the squad. I think a ready made 26-28 year old would be a better move
I think he could easily fill in for Ødegaard. A few matches here and there. Do I think if Ødegaard was missing for 10 games would we miss him? Probably. But Vieiras role this season was cover while adapting. And that is what he is doing.

You spend 40-50m on a 27 year old but that 27 year old isn't going to accept a bit part role so to be honest it's a non starter in terms of debate. If Ødegaard is your number 10 then his back up should be someone younger who will develop. Not someone who's at their peak.

Also if Vieira does fail here you probably could still ship him on for 15m or so. You sign a 27 year old and he's relegated to the bench his price is only going down and you end up loaning him out forever and a day.

D

Deleted member 102404

He's not strong enough on the ball so is not the kind of player who can receive the ball in tight spaces.
With space he's good.
Needs to toughen up.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I know patience is key, but I will admit he has started at a level below my expectations. You could see the nerves and how uncomfortable he was slotting in at that lb position as Zinchencko drifted centrally. Packs physique to compete in that area of the pitch. Need him closer to the opposition's box.

Clearly it's mostly mental though, given the unnecessary sloppiness. Glad he got the assist, hope he manages to build some confidence from it. I'll remind myself to stay patiënt meanwhile

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
As Arteta said he didn’t have a pre season. The potential is there. He needs to use this break and work very hard in training. Pre season training is usually where the big improvements in physical attributes happen in players, and this 6 week break will be a bit like that. He has to take this time to exert himself to improve.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
As Arteta said he didn’t have a pre season. The potential is there. He needs to use this break and work very hard in training. Pre season training is usually where the big improvements in physical attributes happen in players, and this 6 week break will be a bit like that. He has to take this time to exert himself to improve.
As interested to see how he and ESR play after the break as any potential signing that most of fans are so obsessed with.

To quote the manager we all love, “like a (or two) new signing(s).”

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He needs a bit of muscle mass because he gets pushed over too easily. His nickname is Magrela, which means skinny in portuguese, so yeah.

If they can sort that out in the next 3 months along with having him make faster decisions while under pressure, he's good to go.

Pulp

Thought Vieira played quite well last night. He is as already pointed out a bit too thin perhaps, but he has already proven himself as a sensible signing. He will only get better as well. Seems to fit in well with Arteta's style of football.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I thought Arteta would go for Elneny, but he gave Vieira the opportunity. He's clearly a 'project' player, but he's a delight to watch technically.
Needed to break Wolves bus and Elneny doesn't help much with that.

Wasn't very good performance overall, but very important run behind and assist, just what he is there to do.

Remember those who said he doesn't help us this season? Well he has already done that, a point per 121 minutes in EPL where he has played with our best players unlike in UEL.

That's great output which I doubt will continue through his first season.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Lovely quality to his little dinked cross assisting the first goal. Could have just blasted it into the box.

Needs to bulk up!

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
At his best he's fearless and you can tell one of those golazos can unlock a tight game

At his worst the unicorn just gets thrown around like a rag doll

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
People overreacting. He's been good a couple of games and bad a couple of games. some really good high peaks

Done better than Nketiah this season, and it's his first season here.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
People overreacting. He's been good a couple of games and bad a couple of games. some really good high peaks

Done better than Nketiah this season, and it's his first season here.
Yeah that's true, there is talent there and everyone can see it, so as long as there is something to work with he has a chance

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Yeah that's true, there is talent there and everyone can see it, so as long as there is something to work with he has a chance
I think the interesting thing with this player is to see if he can learn from Arteta and ode to become a more rounded player. If he can tighten up his positioning, anticipation, body shape when receiving the ball, then his instinct for the final pass/action on top of that could make him really special. Has a lot of work to do though, hopefully he can get there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think the interesting thing with this player is to see if he can learn from Arteta and ode to become a more rounded player. If he can tighten up his positioning, anticipation, body shape when receiving the ball, then his instinct for the final pass/action on top of that could make him really special. Has a lot of work to do though, hopefully he can get there.
He definitely seems more like a final actions player at the minute. Definitely does his best work in the latter stages of the approach, which might work if he's playing a similar role to the one Xhaka plays. I'd give it a bit more time with him - at worst, he'll be a decent flip but at best he's a sharp weapon.

Top Bottom