• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Disappointed how the club decided to waste 50m on Lokonga and Vieira when we could've taken 2-3 kids from the academy for the same output and zero cost.

Vieira has nothing in his game, bet Nwaneri at the age of 15 offers more at this point, and there are some kids from the u14 team who have better physical attributes
Man, Nketiah looked **** two season ago as well. Look what happened when he got a few games together.
Guy might need a loan and some horse-dna-steroids though.
Vieira has shown great shots and good killer passes before though. Very inconsistent though

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Man, Nketiah looked **** two season ago as well. Look what happened when he got a few games together.
Guy might need a loan and some horse-dna-steroids though.
Vieira has shown great shots and good killer passes before though. Very inconsistent though
Nketiah was always putting in a shift on a bad day, this guy hides behind City players

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Nketiah was always putting in a shift on a bad day, this guy hides behind City players
Maybe. But he haven't really had much of a chance.

2 goals and 4 assists in less than 1000 minutes is okay.
or 2 goals and 4 assists in 10 starts if you wanna play that game

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shocked this guy gets so much hate, feel he has what it takes to succeed here.

Every new signing from abroad (especially a young one) needs a season, feel next year he will be pushing Ødegaard and Trossard very close.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Average game. He need to get more involved when we attack i don't like players who don't show themselves asking for ball you are attacking mid try to be more involved

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not feeling it so far this season. Has a final ball in him, but needs to do more.

His first season, too early to write him off.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Seen a lot of hate elsewhere tonight for his performance, I honestly thought he was decent tonight. Maybe was invisible when ode came on but I think he was trying to make things happen. Think a player is in there and maybe we see it more next season hopefully.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Average game. He need to get more involved when we attack i don't like players who don't show themselves asking for ball you are attacking mid try to be more involved

Yh this is what I find strange, he’s a 10 and the clips I saw from Porto were with him on the ball, but he gets on the ball very rarely in games, nowhere near as much as Ødegaard.

He just needs to get on the ball more.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Always impressed me in previous peformances but today he had his worst peformance for us.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Think he was more concerned with following instructions today. I also noticed that he doesn't come back as much to collect the ball

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Tim Stillman called it a "beige" performance and I think that's the most apt description of any individual performance I've ever heard :lol:

He didn't embarrass himself but he did not influence the game meaningfully. We lose a LOT of control with no Ødegaard and Vieira in his place. That's a fundamental flaw IMO. No matter how talented he is, he has to adapt to that. I'm willing to give him time.

As much as I'd love to join the shouts for Nwaneri to get precedence over likes of Vieira, let me give some grace to the latter first.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Uh oh! Watch out! The "positivity patrol" are gonna come in here and claim AM is hating on Vieira!!!! Far be it from anyone to not be 100% positive about a player, amirite.

On a serious note I actually missed the game yesterday due to some commitments so my comment is more of a "holistic" outlook but I do honestly think you've got to give the lad time, even if he didn't shine in the FA Cup tie against $hitty.

I think he's proven that he can be dangerous at times and he's certainly not a player to throw the towel in on so early in his Arsenal career.

Buhry

Established Member

Shocked this guy gets so much hate, feel he has what it takes to succeed here.

Every new signing from abroad (especially a young one) needs a season, feel next year he will be pushing Ødegaard and Trossard very close.

No way, Ødegaard always played with confidence on the ball, even from a very young age in top divisions. There was a clip floating around on reddit the other day of his senior real debut and he was carrying the ball forward, dribbling players and playing progressive passes. Meanwhile Vieira generally plays very safe and doesn't impose himself on games. Misplaces simple passes and doesn't look composed in possesion. Happened against brighton, happened against oxford, happened today. Today he was backpassing 80% of the time even when he didnt have a man on his back. That's not what you want from an AM. He needs to improve his general play a lot if he wants to be of use for us in games that matter. He is a great striker of the ball but that is not enough. Right now when he plays it feels like you're having a luxury player on the pitch because he offers less defensively than basically every other player in the team but he doesn't have enough offensive flair to make up for it. Like that kind of player is fine if its messi or prime Özil (maybe) but not this guy. If he's gonna be in the middle for us he has miles to go. And he obviously is not a winger.

Of course I hope he works out for us though but so far I don't really see how he fits in.

andeoch1

Total passenger again today, similar as the performance against oxford but no assist this time to mask the overall poor performance. Misplaced simple passes in the first half, no defensive contribution, 2nd half he backpassed 80% of the time even when not really under pressure.

Idk if trossard can play the ødegaard role but I'd rather play him or esr there, at least they can carry the ball and turn under pressure. If they aren't good defensively well then they aren't worse than vieira anyway. Also was really infuriating to see how he wasn't even attempting to close down alvarez for that goal there. Legit was standing 2 meters next to him just watching, awful. Probably would have not gotten there in time but at least make an effort.
ESR can😊

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Uh oh! Watch out! The "positivity patrol" are gonna come in here and claim AM is hating on Vieira!!!! Far be it from anyone to not be 100% positive about a player, amirite.
Yeah, you can't even write facts anymore, as soon as you don't give young players 6 years of chances without saying a bad word, the patrol is out.

Not even discussing some technical mistakes you expect from young players, he was literally hiding behind City players, that's an attitude problem, not experience

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Will give him a proper off season and next year to see what he does

Latest posts+

Top Bottom