• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All these slight guys who came to the league all did work in the gym and probably took peds too, Vieira will do the same. Even Özil put on a bit of muscle mass at Arsenal, all the big prem clubs do conditioning.

It's ok to say he needs to increase his strength guys it's just the truth.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
All these slight guys who came to the league all did work in the gym and probably took peds too, Vieira will do the same. Even Özil put on a bit of muscle mass at Arsenal, all the big prem clubs do conditioning.
I would imagine our guy would develop physically into something what David/Bernardo Silva looks like. They don't have to be muscular to dominate the league as we already know, but he definitely needs to be prepared for the pace of the game, which is even harder than adding a few pounds of muscles

bakaboo

Hopefully he can be like Carzola, who knows how to use his body well and 2 quick feet. Carzola is amazing for his size, retained the ball even with 2 big size opponents on him

6666Louis

Football is a game of unlimited attributes

Talking about size is ridiculous when the best ever is Messi. The best midfielders are Kante and Modric. And the PL winners have both Foden and Bernardo as starters.

Again, this is a marquee signing.

Football Head

Lord Conspiracy

Ødegaard has his spot cemented.

He looks like an 8, Xhaka replacement, but with his calmness in front of goal, penalty taker, and how gifted he is in tied spaces, he could take the harvertz 9 for some games

Or with his twist and turns and passing, he could play deeper like a Pirlo

WTF is this **** ?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Ødegaard has his spot cemented.

There's no one in our current squad who has been good enough last season that you can say he "has his spot cemented"....... even Saka and Martinelli has been poor and useless at times last season. In the case of Ødegaard he's about the same level right now as post 350k per week contract Özil, he had better performances but also worse lows. He needs to improve a lot over the next few seasons or else he needs to be kicked out of our squad the way Özil was.

We will see if Vieira will be better, I am not confident that he is worth the hype, but no one should be surprised if he ends up displacing Ødegaard from the starting XI. Ødegaard is no world class player.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
And what’s unfathomable by saying he’s probably an 8, but might get games as a 9 or a 6?
I might be misunderstanding this post if you're doing some gay rating thing here, but there aren't many players around who can actually play all three of those positions.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ever read Dostoevsky’s Notes from Underground?

And what’s unfathomable by saying he’s probably an 8, but might get games as a 9 or a 6?
He has played most as a false 9 or AMF in Porto from what I know. He is an attacking midfielder. Left #8, the Xhaka new role, is the furthest down I can see him. His strengths are in the attacking zone, although he has learnt to defend in recent years.

With his slight frame and EPL, and not much experience from men's games, I really can't see him at #6. No way.

Besides we already have a big talent with quite thin frame (has gotten some muscle now) for lower midfield positions in Patino. Hard to see the club buying a similar position big talent for tens of millions just to block his way.

bergholt

We will see if Vieira will be better, I am not confident that he is worth the hype, but no one should be surprised if he ends up displacing Ødegaard from the starting XI. Ødegaard is no world class player.

They’re about to make him captain so that will make him hard to drop.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I might be misunderstanding this post if you're doing some gay rating thing here, but there aren't many players around who can actually play all three of those positions.

Ever since we started being linked to these "versatile" players a fair number of posters became a lost cause. Vieira is basically whatever midfield and attacking position now, Jesus can probably play on both wings at the same time, and Martinez will upgrade Tierney and replace both Gabriel and Partey. He can probably also play as a 10, why not.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom