• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This is the vibe you're giving off:

Glenn Close GIF

This is the vibe you're giving off

Angry Wrestling GIF

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Vieira won 1 of 11 duels tonight.

In comparison Xhaka won 16 of 19. Partey and Odeegard won more than him in the limited time they were on.

Yeah, wasn't good.
In general, a midfield of Xhaka, Viera and Jorginho is not good enough from a physicality viewpoint. The Navaratilovas ran though the middle of us at least 5-6 times. Furthermore, our pressing is ****e with him.

Last edited:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He looks miscast in the 8 role from what I've seen, albeit it's obviously still early days for him in the league.

Not sure he'll ever fit well into a very possession based system, but he looks like a player who'll be absolutely devastating in a more transition based team as the most attacking player in a midfield 3 or out wide cutting in etc. When our team was clicking last season, Fornals was doing that for us and Vieira looks a lot better than him offensively, could easily see him do a similar job at a much higher level.

You occasionally have those players who just walk their way to 8 goals and 8 assists seasons but still somehow divide fanbases because their overall game isn't necessarily elite. I think he could fit into that.

Still so early one that he might just suddenly click and become the 8 Arteta dreams of, who knows.

Sparrahork

I saw an article pop up that piqued my interest, it was evaluating the worst signing by each club.

Vieira was judged ours, would you agree? Whoever it is I think the fact vieira is perceived as a contender illustrates just how well we have done in the transfer market of late

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I saw an article pop up that piqued my interest, it was evaluating the worst signing by each club.

Vieira was judged ours, would you agree? Whoever it is I think the fact vieira is perceived as a contender illustrates just how well we have done in the transfer market of late

Too soon, even if some recent additions have made him look bad. Depends if the question is our worst signing this season? or under this regime? there would be different answers.

The jump to Arsenal may have been too much too soon and a Brighton/Villa in between might have helped him at the cost of doubling or his transfer fee down the line. He's not had a ton of minutes this guy, even in Portugal.

I have no doubt he was a stat based signing/Edu caught wind that clubs were monitoring him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

He was our worst signing but others were amazing so that's not saying much. I don't think we should expect every transfer to be a success, that doesn't happen in football.

Lokonga and Vieira, both dodgy transfers most likely based on some recommendations and stats that didn't transfer to our system. Shame we invested that much money into them but we've seen worse and I still believe there is some value in them if we need to sell

Sparrahork

He was our worst signing but others were amazing so that's not saying much. I don't think we should expect every transfer to be a success, that doesn't happen in football.

Lokonga and Vieira, both dodgy transfers most likely based on some recommendations and stats that didn't transfer to our system. Shame we invested that much money into them but we've seen worse and I still believe there is some value in them if we need to sell
Lokonga was however last season. This season between Vieira and kiwi, however as alluded to only because the others have been so damn good

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why does this guy keep getting on, ffs?

Not ready at all for a title fight (like Jakub) and just disrupts our flow more than anything...ESR should be getting more minutes.

Buhry

Established Member

Why does this guy keep getting on, ffs?

Not ready at all for a title fight (like Jakub) and just disrupts our flow more than anything...ESR should be getting more minutes.

After the sporting games Vieira should have been on the bench for the rest of the season. ESR must be looking really bad in training since arteta obviously has 0 faith in him.

Gooner_girl14

He seems so lightweight, not up for this battle at all. I'm not sure what Arteta sees in him to keep using him at crucial moments at this stage of the season. Ødegaard should have stayed on.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Think he needs to learn a lot from Bernardo Silva for example who isnt the biggest to but uses his body and technique very well.

Buhry

Established Member

Actually so bad, roams all over the pitch like he's messi in a free role but with none of the quality, is never where he needs to be, has negative physical presence

Guy actually makes my blood boil watching him, knew we were in trouble when he was in the starting lineup. Why the f did we sign jorginho if we're never gonna play him? I'd rather play trossard in cm than this guy. Hell, i'd rather play jesus as a cm

Top Bottom