• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Wenger was finding gold nuggets with a fiver and we have Arsenal in 2022 spending £30m on this thing.
It would take some time to convince me he is any better than Nelson in advanced roles and would be even harder to convince me he will be a CM one day in the PL.

A bit lazy scouting for both him and Lokonga, but I like the idea of going for younger players who are not finished products yet

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
As i feared. As you can probably tell, i've been left confused by the signing. Ødegaard plays that role and is 23, likely our captain, we have so many holes to fill elsewhere, 30m a waste of resources imo. I fear he'll end up like other talent from Liga Nos; Renato Sanches, Fabio Silva, Trincao, moving to a big league/club too soon.

Yep Yep.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It would take some time to convince me he is any better than Nelson in advanced roles and would be even harder to convince me he will be a CM one day in the PL.

A bit lazy scouting for both him and Lokonga, but I like the idea of going for younger players who are not finished products yet
Vitinha is the much better player. Vieira is a peasant version of Bruno. Vitinha is more Bernardo/Cazorla. We either chose the wrong player last summer or Edu let Mendes enter him again.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s got some talent but he really hasn’t shown much this season.

We can’t afford to wait for both him and ESR next season to come good, I think one of them needs to make way and unfortunately think that guy is likely to be ESR.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This guy is definitely not a project and I would not be surprised if he is one of the best players in our team this season. Comparisons to Lokonga are way, way, off, Vieira's ability level and technical level are in totally different realms than Lokonga.

In short:

View attachment 7567

I don't care what league you are in that^ kind of passing profile is simply rare. Look at one of the biggest prospects in world football there, playing at a similar level in the Bundesliga, well, well below him.

This guy will be an important player for us this season, there's a reason we paid the £35m and made sure to get this deal done, he's one of those talents.

Thoughts Abou?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Sad that he hasn't kicked on at all. He has some quality but not the mentality and physicality to display enough of it. How did we manage to sign the worst Portuguese player in the PL? 😪

NZgunner

Get this lad an apron, a sharpie and a cup to start making Frappuccinos.

I’m sure we can find a role for him somewhere.
Vieira and Nketia can take turns in this shirt

images

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Humble pie eaten betting on this guy being better than Ødegaard, but man everytime he got on the pitch he just became worse and worse.

Ended up being more like ESR instead.

Bloodbather

Established Member

We'll have to see him after this summer. He currently isn't up to the challenge physically and mentally, it's not an issue of skill. If he doesn't kick on next season then we can put him in the dead investment column.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I really hope Arteta has a plan for him over the summer and for next season. For the money we paid I’d like to think they are putting his development first.

This summer he needs to really work on his strength. Fill out a bit more, put on a bit of muscle and build his robustness… nothing that’s unreasonable to expect of him.

Next season I would like him to get a loan to say a Fulham or even Brighton and get a serious amount of minutes. He is not a player that does well being thrown on in games after not having played the previous 2-3.

Vieira is very talented but needs an environment to express it. I am sure there is a top class player in there but he needs the conditions to be able to reach the level we need him to be at.

Top Bottom