• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Diaby was probably the most talented young CM in PL history.

Still remember one comment from the lobby years ago from a guy who saw Diaby training and claimed he looked like Maradona (partly because he also claimed Wilshere didn't impress him at all lol)

I agree he's several levels above anything we currently have in midfield.

Tnegs

Guardiola actually said wilshere was lucky to be in Arsenal first team because there are no pressure on Arsenal to win titles and they have many wilsheres in their reserves

Bit of an exaggeration there but wouldn’t be surprised if he was right there are levels to this. Could you imagine Barca fans having a debate about whether someone like Diabolical was a top talent? Small club mentality to rate a player who should have ended up at West Ham this highly.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Spot on, been this way for as long as I can remember. Worst case I've seen was Abou Diaby absolutely tearing up the league at like 21/22 looking like a future world beater, to the tune of a significant amount of Arsenal fans deriding him for not being as good as prime Patrick Vieira. Meanwhile every neutral watching him was absolutely blown away by his mix of on ball ability, physical profile etc.
Well that's just not true, he got injured really badly and all non-Arsenal fans would do was mock us for being soft even though we had 3 awful leg breaks because teams were allowed to kick and foul Arsenal players.

BigPoppaPump

Can’t believe that after 8 years since he has left, people are still bigging up Diaby, a guy that after being 10 years at the club nobody knew what his position was. He slowed down attacks, was poor in the air for his height, couldn’t really defend and a clumsy tackler, poor at finishing, was tactically poor, prone to laziness and constantly injured.
Simpletons on this forum like @GDeep™ seem to think late 2000s Arsenal was the greatest team ever. He talks about those failures more than the invincibles or any double winning team.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It is quite sad how if you say the name "Vieira" to like a 10 year old Arsenal fan now, instead of an image of our great Invincible captain Patrick, the first thing that will pop into their head will be of Fabio's disaster v Southampton which pretty much killed our title chance.

Be interesting to see if he can turn his career around here now.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Appearently to close sources, he's one of the best players in training. Has immense technique.

Hope he shows us why come season.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Appearently to close sources, he's one of the best players in training. Has immense technique.

I assume this is when they do non contact stuff in training…

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Think he will turn it tbf but hope it happens soon as us fans aren't really patient.

Lol. I’m probably one of them. At least with Vieira, and Lokonga before him. I just don’t see enough there to work with and compensate for some of the glaring deficiencies in his game (physicality, positional discipline, ball retention). Obviously not saying we sell him now, but I’m sadly not expecting much improvement from him and do expect him to be gone next summer.

BigPoppaPump

Lol. I’m probably one of them. At least with Vieira, and Lokonga before him. I just don’t see enough there to work with and compensate for some of the glaring deficiencies in his game (physicality, positional discipline, ball retention). Obviously not saying we sell him now, but I’m sadly not expecting much improvement from him and do expect him to be gone next summer.
The thing is he needs minutes and I just don't see him getting enough at Arsenal to improve. Maybe he needed a few more years in Portugal to cook but he needs to play every week and that won't happen here.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd

He’s horrible whenever he gets minutes to play though. Built like a matchstick too.
As it stands he’s been a very poor signing.

Think a loan move would suit both parties. We can’t afford to be giving players like Vieira minutes this season if we really want to push on.

Would happily sell him too if the right offer comes in.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Problem is that he's blatantly the Özil type of player, the type of player whom you cannot expect to show much workrate and grit in the pitch. For such a player to succeed in modern football I think just having "immense technique" is not enough, he needs to have Özil level talent. Which is asking too much from him.

I mean, even if he has Özil level technical ability I am not sure that's enough, considering Özil has far better physical ability.

Tnegs

I don’t think his build is necessarily the problem guys like Modric, Zola and Juninho were PL stars with similar builds. I think he has mental blocks which make him freeze in competitive matches a bit like Fabianski who was supposedly world class in training but turned into jelly the moment there was some pressure in a real match.

Sungod

Excellent read on Fabio https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/yl22kh/edus_bbq_lets_talk_fábio_vieira_where_has_he_done/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Edit: realised it's 7 months old but good analysis.

Last edited:

smashed

I don’t think his build is necessarily the problem guys like Modric, Zola and Juninho were PL stars with similar builds. I think he has mental blocks which make him freeze in competitive matches a bit like Fabianski who was supposedly world class in training but turned into jelly the moment there was some pressure in a real match.
83935-2.jpg
You sure?

Top Bottom