• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t think so
My thoughts are based on history, every young foreign player we’ve signed has need 1-2 seasons to adapt. Even guys like Hleb and Nasri who were older, better and more experienced in tougher leagues than Vieira needed a season to adapt.

Time will tell I guess.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's so weird to see posts like...

"He will need time to adapt"

"This league might be too physical for him"

...as an Arsenal fan, when talking about a player named Vieira, ngl :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's so weird to see posts like...

"He will need time to adapt"

"This league might be too physical for him"
What do people expect from him, to turn into a bodybuilder? The guy will stay skinny as he is and I hope we didn't go for him with the expectation that would change. I fully expect he starts instead of Xhaka, otherwise, this is gonna look like a waste of money

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
one week of him being here and artefacts hasn’t started a game with him yet, worrying signs

GDeep™

League is very weak
What do people expect from him, to turn into a bodybuilder? The guy will stay skinny as he is and I hope we didn't go for him with the expectation that would change. I fully expect he starts instead of Xhaka, otherwise, this is gonna look like a waste of money
He’s going to be on the bench and playing EL games for a season at least. The guy looks like a 12 year old, there will be an adaptation period.

Nobody is saying he needs to gain a lot of muscle, but he will need to become more robust. Even in the compilations from Porto, he’s easily getting brushed off the ball.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Look at Lokonga, or even Cebellos, both came here with expectations and quickly got humbled by the league and never recovered.

This is not me knocking a player, this is me saying give the guy time, he’s not crap if he’s struggling here for abit.

I’m actually excited about this signing, the guy looks like a baller, Wenger would’ve loved him.

6666Louis

My thoughts are based on history, every young foreign player we’ve signed has need 1-2 seasons to adapt. Even guys like Hleb and Nasri who were older, better and more experienced in tougher leagues than Vieira needed a season to adapt.

Time will tell I guess.
I have no idea why we bought Vieira.

Ødegaard is one of our best players and potential captain this season, and one of the best players in the league, and they are quite similar. And we got ESR too.

Unless Arteta and Edu sees him as world class, a unique possibility.

He was the first one we bought.

If they are right, at 22, he’ll be a big part of our season.

Might see him in different positions, but I expect him to pull his weight this season

Time will tell ❤️

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Ødegaard is one of our best players and potential captain this season, and one of the best players in the league, and they are quite similar. And we got ESR too.

Might see him in different positions, but I expect him to pull his weight this season

Time will tell ❤️
Agree, on the face of it we don't really need him positionally, especially now it's clear that he's not being viewed as an option for the right wing.

His signing is bad news for ESR especially, who is class and has high potential so I think the only ways to read it are that they saw the opportunity and feel he could be a game changer. His numbers from a pretty tiny sample of games are incredible and his all round game looks great as well. Might also indicate that we'll be using attacking 8's more this season possibly.

Tomb Bombadil

Time will tell ❤️
See it the same. Still don't get it that we paid that much money when we have other holes to fill. And in ESR a "similiar" player positional and development wise.

And if we really want to buy Raphina these youngster will have a lot less minutes than last year. I guess it would mean Ødegaard, Raphinia, Saka and Jesus start most games. With Martinelli, ESR, Vieira, Nkethia getting some game time as subs + cup games. So instead of having more game time to develope, they will have less.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Time will tell ❤️
He's not just an AM, he's played a significant amount of time at CF and as an 8 as well, hilariously versatile, young and talented. This signing is a very good one.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
See it the same. Still don't get it that we paid that much money when we have other holes to fill. And in ESR a "similiar" player positional and development wise.

And if we really want to buy Raphina these youngster will have a lot less minutes than last year. I guess it would mean Ødegaard, Raphinia, Saka and Jesus start most games. With Martinelli, ESR, Vieira, Nkethia getting some game time as subs + cup games. So instead of having more game time to develope, they will have less.
Football is as much a squad game as it is a team game, Vieira signing makes a lot of sense in this context.

Additionally, we'll have a lot more minutes to go around, and its good that young players aren't overworked.

Last edited:

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
There's a strange confidence Ødegaard has his place locked up in the starting XI. Norwich is no longer around, he won't be able to fool people anymore he's doing great with us

The hated Lacazette did a lot more to our creativity last season than him

Latest posts+

Top Bottom