• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

africe

I'd say great goal but a bit of an underwhelming performance overall. Wanted to see more from a creative point of view.
Agree with this, but I think it's mostly because of him having missed all of pre-season and not being in sync with the first team just yet. Felt like he struggled to position himself off the ball to be effective and played it a bit safe with the ball, but I think both those things will improve a lot when he gets settled in more. He obviously has loads of individual ability, which is encouraging.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I'd say great goal but a bit of an underwhelming performance overall. Wanted to see more from a creative point of view.
If you expect players to bang at the cam role on their first ever start in the PL then you need to recalibrate your expectations. Main thing I’m looking for in a start are ability to think/act quickly and no silly mistakes.

Basically don’t expect more than 1st base on a first date. You can get lucky but you can also get in trouble 👀

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
This reminds me - remember arguing with some guy on the transfer thread who was shovelling **** on viera and marq before they had kicked a ball for us. Wonder where he is now…

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Think you are underselling him based on what I saw from the stands (I was lurking in amazing seats in enemy territory!). He has the preternatural ability to find space but stay within the structure. Technically confident so always shows for the ball. Radar slightly off with a couple of attempted wonder balls, but his little continuity play was top and Brentford couldn't lay a glove on him. Then an absolute beauty goal.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Scored a magnificent goal, that bumps up his performance up to a 7/10.

But neat and tidy otherwise, wasnt really pressured for me. I need to see more him in tight situations when he is needed to progress the ball. But the foundation is there, and with experience and gym work will be a super player for us.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I have to say you saw that injury to Ødegaard coming from far away!

Ødegaard has been our most important attacking player for a long time along with Saka and Jesus. He's not going to displace our captain, but very nice rotation option.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Great goal for someone who is "a waste of money" and "a raw project who is years away from contributing".

Lad's a big time talent, I think it's time for some to reverse their position on him before it's too late.

Legend14

Established Member
I thought he played well today. His best outing so far. The goal seems to be a demonstration of his capabilities. I like what I saw.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I thought he played well today. His best outing so far. The goal seems to be a demonstration of his capabilities. I like what I saw.
Actually is first start for us in the PL. Don't think we can expect more. A couple and a very solid performance. If he was English imagine Match of the Day! It would be a MA to X-rated rating on the show!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He had a good first full debut. He got clattered early on but rolled up his sleeves and interchanged well in attack. I also noticed that he made some good interceptions and seems to think very quickly. Hopefully he can stay fit, build match fitness and kick on. I think there's room for him and Ode if Arteta is feeling brave

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Think you are underselling him based on what I saw from the stands (I was lurking in amazing seats in enemy territory!). He has the preternatural ability to find space but stay within the structure. Technically confident so always shows for the ball. Radar slightly off with a couple of attempted wonder balls, but his little continuity play was top and Brentford couldn't lay a glove on him. Then an absolute beauty goal.

I understand what you are saying. I thought he worked hard, won the ball back well, scored a great goal, but just wanted to see more in terms of tempo, dictating play and passing more vertically, too often, i thought he went for the safe Elneny sideways or backwards pass.

People make fun of him being skinny but he really bringing a width to our forwars roaster so far! Doesnt look at all out of the place in PL and his cameos have come at Old Trafford and away against Brentford who been doing well at home lately!

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I understand what you are saying. I thought he worked hard, won the ball back well, scored a great goal, but just wanted to see more in terms of tempo, dictating play and passing more vertically, too often, i thought he went for the safe Elneny sideways or backwards pass.
I know what you mean, though his forward passing options were oft limited due to Brentford so often having 8 players between him and the goal, so I was happy with him keeping things ticking over. I agree that I'd want to see more of what you mention against teams that allow more passing lanes, but I thought despite being a little conservative, he did a lot of things very very well.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom