• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Great goal but yeah, could have done more.

That said, there are things there already that make him better than Ødegaard. He actually shoots, attacks the space and most important of all, he doesn't hinder our best player. If Vieira gets Saka more involved our attack is immediately more interesting than anything Ødegaard can muster

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This kid is going to be a bargain. Some of the passes he sees are ludicrous. He's definitely not too skinny or any other manner of nonsense levelled against him before people had seen him play. You need players like this with the desire to create danger every time they get the ball.

TopGunner81

Any chance he could play with Ødegaard and Partey in midfield against teams playing a low block? I missed the first half today and noticed him win the ball a couple of times in the second half! How was he defensively over all?

BIoodBrother

People wanted to see more of him need to acknowledge that we were winning and under instruction to build safe and quite controled attacks that lead to less time on the clock and less vulnerable turn overs. If it would have been 0-0 at half time, we'd seen more creative and difficult passages.
I was actually impressed that he seemed like someone that played that role in that team for a long time already and didn't try anything flashy (besides that goal which I can't fault him for).

BIoodBrother

Any chance he could play with Ødegaard and Partey in midfield against teams playing a low block? I missed the first half today and noticed him win the ball a couple of times in the second half! How was he defensively over all?
I think that's a definite option during a game but I think that Arteta is not the type to start a game like that if he has Xhaka or Lokonga at his disposal too.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Seems like he has a decent shot on him. That’s good to have. One thing that I think our attack lacks is a world class ball striker. I think Martinelli is the best but he doesn’t utilise that skillset too often. At least Vieira is willing to use his ball striking.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I don't think he was alllowed to look good today. One issue I found was his teammates seemed to pass to around him and avoided passing to him. I noticed it many times. I don't think it's because they necessarily think he's a bad player but because they trust others they've played with more so, more than him.

bergholt

Shooting from distance is important because it pulls the defence around a bit, it's definitely something we've missed the last couple of years. (Partey's ridiculous off target thunderbolts aside.)

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Didn't make himself available at times, "lazy" or incompetence in positioning i though. Was ok still though with a great goal

bergholt

Didn't make himself available at times, "lazy" or incompetence in positioning i though.

Wouldn't be super surprising if he isn't used to the patterns of our offence yet, considering he's only played a couple of first team games.

theHotHead

He is definitely still finding his feet, kept it simple, tried to get on the ball, I think he will grow into it, considering that was his first league start, right ?!

Henry boi

Great goal but yeah, could have done more.

That said, there are things there already that make him better than Ødegaard. He actually shoots, attacks the space and most important of all, he doesn't hinder our best player. If Vieira gets Saka more involved our attack is immediately more interesting than anything Ødegaard can muster
You be saying some wild things sometimes, like how does Ødegaard hinder Saka, that's just plain nonsense. I'm sorry

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
you know the ball is safe with him, something we didn't have for years. he'll be like Bernardo Silva in 2 years time

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Interesting take from a 50000 messages member from Brentford forum. It's exactly what we need from Ødegaard rotation player. He took it safe, but that shows maturity for the position in his debut.

Personally I think Xhaka was the best player on the pitch.

I was pleased to hear Ødegaard wasn’t playing but his replacement was arguably the best player on the pitch Vieira who cost £34M + ran the game, pulling the strings and capping a brilliant performance with a superb third goal.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Shooting from distance is important because it pulls the defence around a bit, it's definitely something we've missed the last couple of years. (Partey's ridiculous off target thunderbolts aside.)
Easy way to get goals. Man City get loads through the likes of De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan etc.

Arteta needs to encourage the players to pull the trigger when the opportunity presents itself. A lot of the time it feels like we have to score goals only via cut backs or crosses.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Easy way to get goals. Man City get loads through the likes of De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan etc.

Arteta needs to encourage the players to pull the trigger when the opportunity presents itself. A lot of the time it feels like we have to score goals only via cut backs or crosses.

Yeah this is true. Plus, when a player develops a reputation for deadly distance shooting, the opposition naturally make a point to try and close him down. This then frees up space for other attacking patterns of play. Rodgers’ Liverpool benefitted from this to no end when Coutinho was crashing them home every other week.

I was impressed with him yesterday. Took up some good positions and he has a velvet touch. As he gets used to the PL week on week we should see him develop into a key player. Excited for what’s to come.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Need to see him be able to turn under pressure, as he is likely to receive the ball with his back to goal. If he does that consistently and is able to beat the man pressing him, then we are covered at both #6 and #8 with him. Could play #7 and #11 as well, but think he would be needed in central areas.

Vieira---Ødegaard
------TP5

Xhaka---Vieira
------TP5

------Ødegaard
---Vieira----TP5

Very good signs so far.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Look at that vein on Vieira's temple ffs! There's some real energy flowing in that brain, I bet he will become a very intelligent player, it's clear to see!

Fc8K1ocXkAUJn3q

Latest posts+

Top Bottom