• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

bergholt

Look at that vein on Vieira's temple ffs! There's some real energy flowing in that brain, I bet he will become a very intelligent player, it's clear to see!

Fc8K1ocXkAUJn3q

If he doesn't have a stroke first

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Look at that vein on Vieira's temple ffs! There's some real energy flowing in that brain, I bet he will become a very intelligent player, it's clear to see!

Fc8K1ocXkAUJn3q
Look at how professional Saliba is, the boy has let his hair grow back in because he's too busy focusing on his football to visit the barber. Pogba would never.
1_Graeme-SounessJPG.jpg

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
So Saliba keeps things incredibly simple and tidy in his first couple matches and is (rightly) praised, Vieira keeps things simple and tidy and also scores a golazo and people are not too convinced.

Agendas at work, methinks (ie, people who came out against him with rather absurd posts about how he was not ready and not a good signing), not to mention typical A-M bias against non-physical players (really weird, considering we're Arsenal and how many good non-physical players we've seen here 🤷‍♂️.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So Saliba keeps things incredibly simple and tidy in his first couple matches and is (rightly) praised, Vieira keeps things simple and tidy and also scores a golazo and people are not too convinced.

Agendas at work, methinks (ie, people who came out against him with rather absurd posts about how he was not ready and not a good signing), not to mention typical A-M bias against non-physical players (really weird, considering we're Arsenal and how many good non-physical players we've seen here 🤷‍♂️.
It was a very nice debut. EPL isn't easy, especially first season and having no pre-season. Very important to have two attacking midfielders who have great technique and vision.

Imagine some home games against bottom teams where both Ødegaard and Vieira start!

africe

Odd comparison this, CBs generally don't contribute much attacking-wise so keeping things nice and tidy from that position is almost always a good thing, which may not be the case from an attacking player. Not that I thought there was anything wrong with Vieira's performance.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Imagine some home games against bottom teams where both Ødegaard and Vieira start!
That will definitely happen.

Arteta giving an insight into how he sees our positions here
That’s something that still needs to be decided. In those two attacking midfield positions, for sure. He’s played off the side as well, so it’s more about the relations he has in the unit and on his side, and where he is more comfortable. But the position he played today fits him really well.

ie, Xhaka and Ødegaard he sees as attacking midfield positions in our 4-1-2-3, which in reality they are.

This quote gives some clarity to how Arteta / we see our main system, and what we're likely looking for in recruitment for that position (ie, 8s who are just as much attacking midfielders as CMs).

drippin

That will definitely happen.

Arteta giving an insight into how he sees our positions here

ie, Xhaka and Ødegaard he sees as attacking midfield positions in our 4-1-2-3, which in reality they are.

This quote gives some clarity to how Arteta / we see our main system, and what we're likely looking for in recruitment for that position (ie, 8s who are just as much attacking midfielders as CMs).
Yeah. What we need is a top DMF next, who will be rotation with Partey.

Because now we have Ødegaard, Vieira and reborn Xhaka. Also Sambi of course. But next year Patino will be back and he can fit that role very well also, with his fast turning, technique, passing and vision.

Pepesuave

Seems like he has a decent shot on him. That’s good to have. One thing that I think our attack lacks is a world class ball striker. I think Martinelli is the best but he doesn’t utilise that skillset too often. At least Vieira is willing to use his ball striking.
C'mon now.....Partey can strike down birds with the ball! 🤣

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Any chance he could play with Ødegaard and Partey in midfield against teams playing a low block? I missed the first half today and noticed him win the ball a couple of times in the second half! How was he defensively over all?
Definitely. Ode has good defensive commitment and is good in attack. I think it's a real option but I'm not sure Arteta will go for than unless forced to.

drippin

It's really interesting how Martinelli seems to have taken Vieira under his wing. Martinelli is a year younger than Vieira.

But Martinelli is already used to the big spotlight, and has matured to a man very fast. Vieira seems a shy guy and just came to a big club, so it's natural for him to be a bit shy, and it's his personality.

But it's great to see and very important. Amazing how confident and nice person Martinelli has become. Great role model for Vieira.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom