• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
70jvxy.jpg

...arms down hug from Fabio, interesting...

You can tell Vieira hasn't forgiven Gabby for cheating on him with his new girlfriend!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Shame that he got that assist and the league will be paused.

He needed a final ball to try and bring him back to form.

Horrible first half and he didn't start the second part of the game well. Very nervous display, he has the technique, the physical part will hopefully come in time.

It's mostly mental with him, at least so far.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
70jvxy.jpg

...arms down hug from Fabio, interesting...

You can tell Vieira hasn't forgiven Gabby for cheating on him with his new girlfriend!
Love the goal and passion and everything but I hate it when the the scorer and assist maker don't celebrate together. Him and øde should be getting intimate ffs!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Love the goal and passion and everything but I hate it when the the scorer and assist maker don't celebrate together. Him and øde should be getting intimate ffs!

Reminds me a little of Adebayor dancing on his own against Liverpool in 2008, after everyone ran to celebrate with Walcott after his mega run and assist :lol:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I think he could turn out to be decent but I think he could do with a bit more time to get used to the PL. I am not sure bringing him on was the right sub really, there’s a balance between enough minutes to adjust and get experience and hanging him out to dry on an (almost) full 90 mins he’s not ready for.

I mean, we won and he was instrumental in unlocked their defense for the first goal. So I think it worked out fine.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I've seen some people now talking about him in Xhaka's role, but honestly, he's going to look much worse in it against quality opposition.

For me he's still second choice to Ode. That Brentford game was quality and miles above tonight. Got a lot of flack recently for performances where he had to play in Xhaka's role in more demanding games, as a winger or among a near second string team. Undeserved, imo.

Bulk him up, get him better and he's going to be as good as an Odeegard backup as we're going to get.

Melquiades

The game now is built around guys with big engines who can press the everloving **** out of play and run miles and our successful signings have all been that kind of player.

Viera has skill but he doesn’t seem like a guy who wants the ball or wins the ball or empties the tank on the field and that will probably limit him to ‘useful sub/squad player’.

The physique isn’t the problem, it’s the work rate.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Kid needs more time but will come good, the quality and talent is there.

Not his best performance against Wolves, but will learn and improve.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why don't people talk about Ødegaard's physique? They are built the same tbh.
If you remember his first 6 months here and last season most of away games Ødegaard was getting bullied and we complain about it but this season he more got use to it also ode more experienced player Fabio just started his top level career

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Patience is key. He's new to the league, country, playing style, team mates etc. In he's getting irregular minutes.

Some players don't just click at the start. It doesn't mean that in 6-12 months they won't.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's quite decisive in the final third if he wants to. He just needs to improve his overall game which is pretty crap.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It was unanimous in the summer that this guy would need time to adapt and even factoring in he's still pretty young. But now people act surprised that he isn't playing like a 28 year old that's been here for years. He's played in the EL but other than that his PL time has been limited to cameos so the adaption period is still very much ongoing. That crucial assist should boost his confidence tho.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It was unanimous in the summer that this guy would need time to adapt and even factoring in he's still pretty young. But now people act surprised that he isn't playing like a 28 year old that's been here for years. He's played in the EL but other than that his PL time has been limited to cameos so the adaption period is still very much ongoing. That crucial assist should boost his confidence tho.
Every one knew he needed time. The argument was should we have targeted more ready player as we spent 40 million on him

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Every one knew he needed time. The argument was should we have targeted more ready player as we spent 40 million on him

My point is some people have even written off when we all knew he was going to need time.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Can't judge today. Have to look at what happens with him over the next 18 months. If he still isn't adapting to the league and figuring more in the first team etc we can say maybe we should have done something different.

He isn't even on my list of worries at the moment. It's not an issue.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I repeat that he should have this season to bed in, and I think the fact he’s contributed some goals and assists already is very positive. But for sure needs to work on his physique and getting used to how we play

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can't judge today. Have to look at what happens with him over the next 18 months. If he still isn't adapting to the league and figuring more in the first team etc we can say maybe we should have done something different.

He isn't even on my list of worries at the moment. It's not an issue.
Is he on your list to contribute consistently if Ødegaard picks up an injury? With Ødegaard, saka, Martinelli, ESR and Nelson in the squad. I think a ready made 26-28 year old would be a better move

Top Bottom