• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thats kind of missing the point. It was foolish of the club to spend £35M on a player who clearly isn't ready to contribute to the first team when we needing backup/competition for Saka, Martinelli, Partey, etc.
The Vieira money, along with the Lokonga money would of been better spent elsewhere.
As i said before we took risk to get him for 30M because other season in Portugal he'll be worth 70m. He just need to get his body used for pl football .

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
It's not even halfway through the season you sad weirdo. Dear oh dear, how pathetic. 🤣
Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm not salty at all. I think it's hilarious that you have so little going on in life that you're digging up quotes from summer that still haven't been disproven with less than half a season played. New year, same you I guess.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I know A-M struggles with this, but no appearances especially with Arteta doesn't mean bad player guys.

For context it took an established Martinelli almost a year to break into the team after he was fit with Arteta insisting he loves him even though he was nowhere to be seen. There was opportunities to play him in that 8th season too, but he didn't many on here even talked about sending him on loan.

This is more of a manager quirk rather than a player issue, I think drawing conclusions is kinda ridiculous at this stage.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I know A-M struggles with this, but no appearances especially with Arteta doesn't mean bad player guys.

For context it took an established Martinelli almost a year to break into the team after he was fit with Arteta insisting he loves him even though he was nowhere to be seen. There was opportunities to play him in that 8th season too, but he didn't many on here even talked about sending him on loan.

This is more of a manager quirk rather than a player issue, I think drawing conclusions is kinda ridiculous at this stage.

I think you’re right - and in this sense he’s more like Klopp than Pep. Pep loves to rotate, Klopp wants to his “preferred” 11 to gain momentum. Takes sth big like an injury to force their hand.

That being said we might just be overthinking it. Arteta was (rightly) criticised for the mad subs at Utd away and since then he has been very conservative with them. So it could just be that…

I do wish he brought Vieira on for the last 5 mins or sth for Ødegaard. Martin was never gonna get anything from that game and Fabio is probably the best shooter from distance in the squad, was the only way we were gonna score last night.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Ps: @Nacho you wouldn’t be talking about a certain Ivorian winger would you?

Danny Murphy had some interesting thoughts on him…

say yes

forum master baiter
I don’t see how you could have taken off any of Saka/Ode/Martinelli/Nketiah for him last night.

He will get minutes in the second half of the season when the fixture list loads up and rotation becomes necessary.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I think you’re right - and in this sense he’s more like Klopp than Pep. Pep loves to rotate, Klopp wants to his “preferred” 11 to gain momentum. Takes sth big like an injury to force their hand.

That being said we might just be overthinking it. Arteta was (rightly) criticised for the mad subs at Utd away and since then he has been very conservative with them. So it could just be that…

I do wish he brought Vieira on for the last 5 mins or sth for Ødegaard. Martin was never gonna get anything from that game and Fabio is probably the best shooter from distance in the squad, was the only way we were gonna score last night.

Fwiw I don't even think Vieira does anything in that game and that's no slight on his ability, I just think many underestimate how tight a game that was.

It just makes me laugh that a few said it would probably take 2 seasons to see anything from this guy or called him a project and they were shut down for supposed negativity.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Pepe is different, he had opportunities and whilst he's still the top scoring forward on the clubs books till this day nobody liked him so he had to go.

Vieira is a totally different case, Arsenal not being in Europe they had to be smarter and bought him before he cost double the amount like we are seeing with Mudryk.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It means a pointless player at this moment. It don’t mean anything if he is good if he is not contributing. This is a 40 million player who the manager think a swap in rb is better move to win the game

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mikel is super risk averse, I used to think he hated Pepe (still might tbf :lol:) but the guy just doesn't trust subs.

Either that or he's a bit of a Pep-style diva and won't sub on players unless they're first XI quality.

Both options are quite weird tbh.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Mikel is super risk averse, I used to think he hated Pepe (still might tbf :lol:) but the guy just doesn't trust subs.

Either that or he's a bit of a Pep-style diva and won't sub on players unless they're first XI quality.

Both options are quite weird tbh.

Yeah I think option 1 is right. I think he’s built that way, and then tried out the whole sub thing against Utd and backfired and now he’s retreated back in to his shell.

All speculation of course.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It means a pointless player at this moment. It don’t mean anything if he is good if he is not contributing. This is a 40 million player who the manager think a swap in rb is better move to win the game

I agree.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah I think option 1 is right. I think he’s built that way, and then tried out the whole sub thing against Utd and backfired and now he’s retreated back in to his shell.

All speculation of course.
Arteta got those subs and the timing wrong. He had a Jose moment that backfired and cost us.

Last edited:

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Arteta got those subs and the timing wrong. He had a Jose moment that backfired and cost us. He needs to produce a youth player of his own soon and not claim Emery's gems.

Not entirely sure how your gps took you from A to B there…

Top Bottom