• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He's waay to fragile, he got bullied so many times.

There is a player there if he puts on some muscle. I saw him in go in for a 70/30 ball 70 being in his favour and rodri knocked him over like he was playing against a 10 year old.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I thought he was growing into a wee bit but largely not effective really. And btw never play him on the right wing again, I thought he'd have a bit ability with his dribbling but it seems a non-existent facet to his game. Reminds me of the few times Wenger would play Özil on the wing, just didn't get anywhere near the best out of him. And it gives the defending FB such an easy time knowing they'll just pass infield the whole time. At least if he can get space on the left he might put a cross in, but it's not something I'm in a rush to see either.

I have seen plenty of players struggle tho early in their PL careers and eventually adapt tho. We have to give him time, still fairly young too.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Vieira needs time. No pre season, an injury, playing non regularly. The natural comparison for me is Sambi. He got a run of starts and minutes, had no injury worries. When Vieira hits a similiar threshold of minutes then he will be easier to judge.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Vieira needs time. No pre season, an injury, playing non regularly. The natural comparison for me is Sambi. He got a run of starts and minutes, had no injury worries. When Vieira hits a similiar threshold of minutes then he will be easier to judge.
Vieira needs an attitude change, he needs to figure out if he wants any of this or not. Once the attitude is there, he will add muscles, he will go into 50/50 duels (which he runs away from atm), and he won't hide from the ball behind City players.

Time won't make a difference here, even Ceballos offered way more in his first season with us

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I pay close attention to players off the ball and Vieira did well I thought. Man marked Rodri well and made sure Rodri couldn’t progress the play in midfield. Forced Rodri into mistakes. Also won a couple of fouls.

However, was disappointing when he moved to the right wing late on. Didn’t offer anything, wasn’t willing to beat his man or make runs in behind.

Bucephalus

Hides from the ball, avoids duels, inconsistent passing, physique of a schoolgirl
Recall Patino and send Viera in his place. (I know, I'm pretty sure this isn't an option). Viera does have all the talent in the world. But he needs a loan where he plays every match and learns how to get properly clattered.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Viera does have all the talent in the world. But he needs a loan where he plays every match and learns how to get properly clattered.
His talent is a bit overrated here, not even sure what a loan does for him. We can hope he gets a bit stronger and I eat my words once he turns into Bernardo Silva, but I'm not optimistic atm like some of you guys here.

We've paid 30M for another Ben Cottrell

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
His talent is a bit overrated here, not even sure what a loan does for him. We can hope he gets a bit stronger and I eat my words once he turns into Bernardo Silva, but I'm not optimistic atm like some of you guys here.

We've paid 30M for another Ben Cottrell
He doesn't have the ball retention and dribbling of Bernardo. Doesn't have the natural balance and agility either which is concerning for a player who is not physically strong or powerful and has a small frame. He does look like he can be something special in the final third though. More of a Bruno Fernandes type imo.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
The main worry would be if there was no talent there. He's young and raw and clearly has football IQ and still only 22. Keep in mind he's a bench option atm. Not like we're relying on him to start yet every game.

We have high expectations of him because of genius prodigies like Saka and Martinelli who have been good since 18. Normally, it takes players longer to develop.

GoonerCork

The main worry would be if there was no talent there. He's young and raw and clearly has football IQ and still only 22. Keep in mind he's a bench option atm. Not like we're relying on him to start yet every game.

We have high expectations of him because of genius prodigies like Saka and Martinelli who have been good since 18. Normally, it takes players longer to develop.
I think the main problem with that is he hasn't come off the bench in games against United and Newcastle when we were looking for a late goal and with the limited options we have. That suggests a trust and reliability issue on the part of Arteta. I would say something if was coming off the bench contributing in general play overall but he's not. He was poor first half against Oxford. The sub appearance against Southampton stands out as another. For the three behind Jesus with Ødegaard, Saka, Martinelli, we have ESR and Vieira. I don't buy this that Arteta bought him knowing he would need a very lengthy settling in and adapt period. We're basically writing off a season then. That would mean Arteta was happy with one cover with ESR. I certainly don't think was his thinking. He wanted him to contribute more as the season went on. When we missed out on Raphinha and then the Neto interest, it was widely reported the club wasn't too concerned as they had Vieira to cover on the right, at 10 and even at 8 if we're stuck. I have been disappointed and a small bit concerned. I think the settling in and adapt thing can sometimes be used an excuse for players under-performing and not justifying their fee. Us fans get into saying it too much. I have been guilty of it before myself with past players. Look at other examples. Mitoma isn't physically built. He has come from a new league and performed. Jota and Neto as young Portuguese players did. I would be certainly putting higher standards on Vieira to perform now. We badly need him to step up because one of couple of injuries and he's in. Settling in talk won't matter if it costs us a league.

Top Bottom