• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I really hope Arteta has a plan for him over the summer and for next season. For the money we paid I’d like to think they are putting his development first.

This summer he needs to really work on his strength. Fill out a bit more, put on a bit of muscle and build his robustness… nothing that’s unreasonable to expect of him.

Next season I would like him to get a loan to say a Fulham or even Brighton and get a serious amount of minutes. He is not a player that does well being thrown on in games after not having played the previous 2-3.

Vieira is very talented but needs an environment to express it. I am sure there is a top class player in there but he needs the conditions to be able to reach the level we need him to be at.
Yeah I reckon a loan would be good for him. I think Arteta has him down as part of his 1st team squad, but he's a waste of a squad space right now as he offers little.

Would prefer ESR to get his minutes tbh.

scytheavatar

Established Member
It’s weird that he still looks like a stick of spaghetti after a full year at Arsenal. Is hitting the gym optional for him?

These players have coaches who control every gym session and measure every gram of weight gain, and they probably have pushed Vieira to the max. It is simply impossible to turn Vieira into Kante, if it is possible then we would have never let players like Denilson and Torreira leave the club.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Yeah I reckon a loan would be good for him. I think Arteta has him down as part of his 1st team squad, but he's a waste of a squad space right now as he offers little.

Would prefer ESR to get his minutes tbh.
put him in the championship, he will literally be devoured. He will either survive it and come back a man, or come back in a body bag.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's probably a little unfair, but I would be open to selling Fabio this summer just for the damage he has done to the Vieira name alone.
I think we should bin him off to Bayern for science. If their chemists...err I mean performance staff can't get him stronger, it's not possible.

Legend14

Established Member
Needs to get rid of the goatee first you can’t be this weak and have a goatee. Looks like one of them crazy pronoun people trying to be something he’s not.
Without the goatee he’d look 6 years younger.. if that is possible.

NZgunner

it's weird how the Vieira thread has 88 pages, whereas Zinchenko's, an inarguably more important player, has only 65 pages 😒

GDeep™

League is very weak
it's weird how the Vieira thread has 88 pages, whereas Zinchenko's, an inarguably more important player, has only 65 pages 😒
Probably because most of the Zinny debate takes place in match threads, Arteta thread etc. While Viera debate can only take place in his thread when someone mentions him, as he’s not playing to get mentioned elsewhere like match threads.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Again, people surprised he’s not done more or suddenly changed his physique etc, he’s not even been here 1 year.

I would suggest we persist with this 3 year project, as I called it back then. Maybe a loan or two etc.

Hard to have sympathy for Mick and his squad depth cries when he’s spending 35-40m on kids who are years away from producing.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Again, people surprised he’s not done more or suddenly changed his physique etc, he’s not even been here 1 year.

I would suggest we persist with this 3 year project, as I called it back then. Maybe a loan or two etc.

Hard to have sympathy for Mick and his squad depth cries when he’s spending 35-40m on kids who are years away from producing.
Arsenal fans are weirdos, they love this "we have the youngest squad in the league" narrative so much, but have no patience for kids like Vieira who aren't on the Saka/Martinelli level

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Arsenal fans are weirdos, they love this "we have the youngest squad in the league" narrative so much, but have no patience for kids like Vieira who aren't on the Saka/Martinelli level

Spot on, been this way for as long as I can remember. Worst case I've seen was Abou Diaby absolutely tearing up the league at like 21/22 looking like a future world beater, to the tune of a significant amount of Arsenal fans deriding him for not being as good as prime Patrick Vieira. Meanwhile every neutral watching him was absolutely blown away by his mix of on ball ability, physical profile etc.

Think Wenger ruined Arsenal fans when it comes to young players. Simply got too much out of them, raising the standards to an unrealistic level for seemingly eternity.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bar Mitch, I don't think I ever heard any Arsenal fan say Diaby was poor.

Maybe they got frustrated the last few years of his career here when he was injured all the time, but I am pretty sure most knew he would have been a starter here if not for that bellend Smith at Sunderland.

I am pretty sure like 99% of Arsenal fans knew Abou was a top player.

NZgunner

Bar Mitch, I don't think I ever heard any Arsenal fan say Diaby was poor.

Maybe they got frustrated the last few years of his career here when he was injured all the time, but I am pretty sure most knew he would have been a starter here if not for that bellend Smith at Sunderland.

I am pretty sure like 99% of Arsenal fans knew Abou was a top player.
Diaby absolutely divided opinion (diabolical Diaby anyone?), almost as much as Xhaka has - the only difference being that at least Xhaka wasn't injured all the time

I was/am firmly in the Diaby was **** camp, maybe a good athlete (although good athletes don't suffer as many injuries), but not a natural footballer by any stretch

Tnegs

Diaby is the ultimate example of a player who gets better while injured. Most overrated player I’ve seen in almost 30 years of supporting this club. Flashy with 0 substance.

He was Pepe before Pepe was a thing and Pepe actually did more than Diaby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom