• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fan ownership

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Just who are these fans who are going to pool together something in excess of £1 billion to buy Kroenke's shares? Sorry, but this is just wishful thinking. I guess I could toss in about 20 quid if I can have a seat on the board.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I get confused by all the math because my billion isn't the same billion as yours and your frekkin pound

but is the price often quoted for the whole club 10 billion pounds?

10 000 000 000?

season tickets 850pounds or there abouts for the cheapest ones
so we have to get 12,5million people willing to donate 800pounds

that would break kickstarter records

maybe aim smaller and only get a percentage that would get a vote on the board?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is no football club that does not depend on sizeable fanbases for money. Football clubs' business model is

play good football>attract fans>sell matchday tickets and merchandise to fans>sell premium television packages to fans>sell adverts slots on your kit/stadium for advertisers to reach your fans

As you can see, it's a very fan-centric business :). The Highbury real estate thing was just a debt repayment scheme to pay off the Emirates construction cost.
never saw that with AFC. never felty that they actually and actively tried to get results to win over their fans. they are happy to be in cruise mode.

also never ever saw them reach out to, lets say South Asia. People here would literally cut their **** off for AFC if they played on Indian origin player. it is still in it's infancy here, and there is huge potential to gain a foothold.

AFC is a bit too well run financially, so they don't need to show results. Plus they are happy to be the top 5-6 clubs without having to manage expectations. With a bit more work, they could become huge, and then you could say we are fan-centric.

sammy89

Just who are these fans who are going to pool together something in excess of £1 billion to buy Kroenke's shares? Sorry, but this is just wishful thinking. I guess I could toss in about 20 quid if I can have a seat on the board.

Doesn't have to be all at one go. In fact majority shareholders selling all their shares in the public market at once is not advisable. He could offload the shares over years, slowly selling chunks. Also, remember that some rich fans from the world over could take some more sizeable bites of the pie.

Barca is fan owned and yet has a complete idiot as President...... no thanks.

Yes, fan ownership tends to lead to neurotic management, but that's just a reflection of the fanbases they try to appease. I'm happy to trade neuroticism for real pressure for results like what happens at Real Madrid.

never saw that with AFC. never felty that they actually and actively tried to get results to win over their fans. they are happy to be in cruise mode.

also never ever saw them reach out to, lets say South Asia. People here would literally cut their **** off for AFC if they played on Indian origin player. it is still in it's infancy here, and there is huge potential to gain a foothold.

AFC is a bit too well run financially, so they don't need to show results. Plus they are happy to be the top 5-6 clubs without having to manage expectations. With a bit more work, they could become huge, and then you could say we are fan-centric.

Yes, a big chunk of Arsenal's current fanbase is from the invincible era and right now the management are coasting off of that, but they're going to have to eventually play well again or else we'll be overtaken by the likes of Chelsea, City and PSG in terms of audience pulling power. Currently most young guys I interact with are Chelsea fans

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Doesn't have to be all at one go. In fact majority shareholders selling all their shares in the public market at once is not advisable. He could offload the shares over years, slowly selling chunks. Also, remember that some rich fans from the world over could take some more sizeable bites of the pie.

Considering that a single share of Arsenal stock now costs in excess of £20,000, rich fans are your entire target group of potential shareholders. Kroenke owns 41,721 shares. So basically you'd better hope that Warren Buffett or Bill Gates is an Arsenal fan.

And why would Kroenke slowly sell chunks of his shares over years when he won't take a £1 billion cash offer? What would be his motivation? And even if he would, how would that change anything? Kroenke is 70 years old. Wenger is 67. I'm 59. We'd all probably be dead by the time he sold off enough shares a few at a time to relinquish control of the club.

Starting your own club like those disgruntled Manchester United fans did after the Glazers took over would be a far more realistic idea than what you're advocating.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The ranch man wont sell as hes using us as leverage for his other interests. Fan ownershio at the highest level is fairytale stuff!!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He has no interest whatsoever in selling. The club is the golden goose that allows him to borrow money at a low interest rate because of the cash reserves. If I have something worth 50 sterling and that asset allows me to borrow 500 sterling at a low interest rate then I'm not going to sell it to you for 100 sterling even if that's double its direct value. That is the situation here. Usmanov's money is no good to Kroenke because it's a one time finite payment. Having AFC allows Kroenke access to a stream of money whenever he wants.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Let's try and keep it business-like in this business thread. No room for heated emotions in biz. Kroenke would be interested cause this is a case of fans buying his shares at a premium and hence making him richer.

Kroenke is not interested in netting a small premium from fans. If he decides to sell, he will surely sell his full stake in the club for a price way above current market value.

This thread is a non-starter and my post was a joke.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom