• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fans and Trophies

Thommybhoy

Established Member
For things I have to say I might get booed and ridiculed, but I simply have the need to share it.
As a fan of football club, I came to conclusion trophies are really not something crucial. I'm not saying this because we won f**k all in recent times, I got to this conclusion because even when we were winning stuff, lifting trophies, I got the similar amount of thrill and excitement I got from for example beating Barcelona and winning those few, too few, big games last season. It was really intense and I must say it lasted for similar amount of time, maybe just a bit shorter. To be honest after every trophy we won during our good times, I was of course really happy and nothing could ruin my day, but about a week later I started to look forward next season, same as I do when we win nothing. A bit more optimistic, naturally.
But all in all to my mood and life nothing changed for long term and absence of trophies, or presence of the same, does not affect me drastically. I think only love for the club and simply being there for the team during the match (that great feeling during the game during a simple throw-in at half way line, when you think to yourself „man, I love this team“) is only thing that really counts, that is something that I can say is something strong and to a certain level defines me as a person. It seems to me as fan that trophies are mainly here to brag among mates that support other teams who won nothing or less than us. Even though that is natural way of human being to behave, it is quite childish, when you think about it and not that important to one as individual.
Of course we all want our team to be the best, of course I'd rather look forward to the next game and be convinced we will win unless something terribly goes wrong, than waiting for the game in condition we all are right now, but experience, emotions and memories, good or bad, are things I, and I'm sure every other football fan, will really remember for the rest of our lives.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
The only thing that has changed for me it's the amount of stick I get from my mates.

With 6 years of trophy drought we're an easy target and it shows everywhere, in the media, our social lives etc.

Other than that I completely agree with you, even without the trophies there's the same buzz and passion before/during every game I watch.

Top Bottom