• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fasting month for Muslim(Islamic) player...

do u think those muslim player will follow the rule ?

• yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Impossible~! :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reggiepaul

It doesn't matter in many ways. First of all Toure said that Allah will understand his predicament in this situation because he is following other guidelines of his faith. He has work to do and a life to adjourn to and that is ok by a lot of islamic scholars

The other point is back in the early days of islam people never ate for a whole month, never mind the dawn and dusk thing. This was at a time when many of the warriors were spreading the faith around the middle east, persia and africa. It is really a matter of if you can do it and Kolo prays regularly too.

So really it is a matter of rationality in the faith these days and what most different sectors of the islamic faith can justify in their favour. Some are extreme, others casual - others bemusing it.

At the end of the day, he won't be fasting and it's ok by his faith.

reggiepaul

Sammer said:
he is not a good moslem then :D

Yeah but there are many different areas of Islam. One public exhibition of this was the Sunni and Shi-ite muslim factions and they both have their own way of looking at islam. There are other differences too and these days there are new age muslims and all sorts of different other types too.

Not all of them believe in the 40 or so virgins upon death either.

Kolo going public on it is a good thing and shows his devotion is strong.

XxGoonaStuxX

If I remember correctly in an interview with Toure he said that he is a strict Muslim but he also said he cannot fast for this because of his commitment to Arsenal FC. He simply doesn't do it.

XxGoonaStuxX

Re: what a **** topic

sam111 said:
muslim this muslim that,who the **** cares muslims are not allowed to drink alcohol either but my muslim mates drink all the time,bloody stop panicking and stop this sad sad post

Shut up and don't post. we're trying to have a discussion here. And If you don't like it..........

Great Gunman

A good Muslim is the one who follows are five pillars of Islam. They are as follows:

1.To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammed is Allah's apostle.
2.To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly.
3.To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity).
4.To perform Hajj (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca).
5.To observe fast during the month of Ramadan.

Toure is a fit as an Ox; he has to fast during the month of Ramadan, which is for 30 days. I should know because, I'm a Muslim. People excluded from fasting are those:

1. That are ill.
2. The elderly, although the are those people who may fast
3. Pregnant women
4. Those that are going on long journey.

And even though, I have a disability, I am still going to fast.

Their are countess of riches up their in heaven, when I pass away.

Well-done Toure. P.S. I wonder if the greatest football ZIDANE is fasting. :?:

Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.
:)

reggiepaul

Great Gunman said:
People excluded from fasting are those:

1. That are ill.
2. The elderly, although the are those people who may fast
3. Pregnant women
4. Those that are going on long journey.

And even though, I have a disability, I am still going to fast.

Yes but modern islam is different in terms of your number 4 rule. In ancient islam, in the beginning, long journies were performed when one did it as part of their work or life for the sake of those around them. In terms of work, so meaning if your work doesn't allow it then you can be excused from fasting. This is true of Kolo too.

Zidane is not fasting by the way.

A

Anonymous

Kolo has already said that he will not be fasting, good thing too. He has been our best player this season, along with Henry

Toure for PFA Young Player of the Year :wink:

A

Anonymous

AFCG7 said:
as far as i know.. the only allowances made for missing a fast Islamically are for health reasons and for a travelling person.
I dont know if missing a fast because of playing football is a valid reason
I think playing football as a profession comes under health reasons.

arsenal4life

I read once in a religious book (I'm a Muslm)
that when someone's job is a very hard job
like cutting stones in a quarry
he can break the fast

and I see that playing 90 min in a professional way is a very hard job
I don't know, but he can break his fast in the match days only
and fast in the other days

Alexone234

Sorry, but if you attach religious importance to something, you can't bend the rules because you happen to be a footballer. Soldiers fast when at war, my cleaning lady kept her fast while still working hard around my house.

I wonder what the Algerian runners do?

I personally would break the fast, but then I think religion should be a personal issue, not a blanket rule for everyone.

A.Hussain

Re: what a **** topic

sam111 said:
muslim this muslim that,who the **** cares muslims are not allowed to drink alcohol either but my muslim mates drink all the time,bloody stop panicking and stop this sad sad post

then mi friend, as a muslim myself, i encourage u to question and challenge them about their actions

Alexone234

Its sad that Sam111 is encourging everyone to "not give a ****" when as a non muslim living in a cosmopolitan western city, discussions about these kind of subjects, regardless of their importance to football, help me understand about their culture, and break any risk of ignorance that could have been developing in my head.

reggiepaul

samm111 like any other under-developed adolescent is threatened by intellectual discussion.

Yes Muslims drink, they are breaking the vow - so to extend the discussion, are they muslim by name or just by nature. :wink:

Alexone234

Islam is threatened by the changes inherent of being a minority group in a western country and for applying C5 rules in the 21st century.

Catholicism has the same promblem with contraception, Judaism has issues with the Sabbath and turning on the TV etc, Islam has issues with Muslims living in the western world and the conflicts between religion and culture. What all three have in common is that they believe in one God.

I would say I am Christian. I don't go to church on a Sunday, I don't fast for lent but I have a nice time at Christmas and eat Chocolate at Easter. Surly if a Muslim wants to drink, eat pork, gamble or have food during fasting at Ramamdam because they have an important football match, it doesn't mean that you're a bad Muslim just a modern Muslim.

My earlier statement about whether he should break a fast for football (and I said NO), is because if you're religious, there must be more important things to break your rules for than football.

A.Hussain

Alexone234 said:
Islam is threatened by the changes inherent of being a minority group in a western country and for applying C5 rules in the 21st century.

Catholicism has the same promblem with contraception, Judaism has issues with the Sabbath and turning on the TV etc, Islam has issues with Muslims living in the western world and the conflicts between religion and culture. What all three have in common is that they believe in one God.

I would say I am Christian. I don't go to church on a Sunday, I don't fast for lent but I have a nice time at Christmas and eat Chocolate at Easter. Surly if a Muslim wants to drink, eat pork, gamble or have food during fasting at Ramamdam because they have an important football match, it doesn't mean that you're a bad Muslim just a modern Muslim.

My earlier statement about whether he should break a fast for football (and I said NO), is because if you're religious, there must be more important things to break your rules for than football.

just for ur info, there is no such thing as a modern muslim. abstainance from things like alcohol and pork and food during ramadan have profound, philosophical and even medicinal and practical reasons. on an islamic plane on the other hand, muslims are expected to follow the traditions and rules set up for them, whether they feel it is modern or not. and pork, alcohol etc.. are labelled modern by western society. when in fact so are the problems caused by them restricted to these regions.

as a muslim, the punch line of this post is that drink, eat pork and not to fast in ramadan is deviating from the religion of islam. he who does that may be a good muslim, but is undertaking bad actions, which according to the faith are signs of 'going bad'.

AFCG7

Established Member
ASHBURRN said:
AFCG7 said:
as far as i know.. the only allowances made for missing a fast Islamically are for health reasons and for a travelling person.
I dont know if missing a fast because of playing football is a valid reason
I think playing football as a profession comes under health reasons.

probably correct.. but think about people who have harder jobs than football and they still have to fast.
Perhaps i should bring this question up with a Islamic jurist

AFCG7

Established Member
One more thing to consider... fasting shouldnt affect Kolo in any of the 7:00 or 7:45 games because he would have already broken his fast before that.
Its the games at 3:00 that would have caused problems providing he did decide to fast.

Top Bottom