• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fasting month for Muslim(Islamic) player...

do u think those muslim player will follow the rule ?

• yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Impossible~! :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

I'm from Malaysia and I have Muslim friends who I have seen put back their fast because they've had to take part in a sport event or something.

So when football is your JOB, and not a past time, I presume he will take the decision to push the fasting back.

solthegunner

From what I remember of studying Islam it is certainly possible for people to miss fasting; e.g. a pregnant women, ill or infirm or at war. These people can repay their debt to their relegion via money, extra prayer, an extra pilgrimage or indeed fasting at a different time. I pretty sure this is right but I'm sorry to anyone who is muslim if I didnt get it right.

gunner in dubai

Well I am living in a Muslim Country, what happens here is that football games are pushed till after Iftar (when Muslims break their fasting) if it's an international tournemant (time cannot change), it is up to the players, some of them opt to continue fasting, while others may choose not to.
As I said before This is entirely a thing between the Muslim and God.

satan_beckham

is zidane a muslim?i think its ok for toure to back the fast as there are exceptions but normally in countries that have muslim,all sports activities are suspended or stopped.but i really dont think toure can fast during a game,he needs lots of water!

Superdudes

pardon for the late post here.. just wanna say that solthegunner is so correct in saying that a muslim can repay the fast at a later date or with giving money to the poor.. but to conclude, i think that is between a muslim and allah.. but pilgrimage depends on a muslim.. if he has the means to go for the pilgrimage at least once in his lifetime, it would already be good.. thus extra pilgrimage and fasting at different timing does not repay the absence of fasting during the month of ramadhan.. and i'm so happy that eventhough we all are of different race and religion, the word rascist does not applies to the gunners fan.. thank you..

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Personally, I think it's quite sad that some people in this threat see fit to criticise the actions of someone they don't know (and doubt the depth of his faith) based on so little information!

Kolo's faith, and the way he interprets it, are purely a matter between him and Allah and none of our damn business to be honest. The thread started with a pertinent question, but some of the comments made here really don't show their authors in a good light.

Whatever Kolo's actions over Ramadam, if he believes he followed the correct path according to how he sees his beliefs, then he has done the right thing.

orion

Let's put it this way; the amount of running Kolo does in the games and practice qualify for making a long journey, OK? :wink:

va_va_voom

I'm thinking, Kolo hasn't just become a Muslim right, surely he has always been a muslim (well at least last season anyway, his first for us)?????

I personally didn't have any problems with his effort, fitness levels or performances last year so he should do what he did then. He seems a good lad, i'm sure he'll do the right thing.

vin de guerre

hasnt this thread died a death? Ramadan is now over and all can now stop threating where Kolo's next meal will come from. He has done us proud!

Azx

i opened this thread thinking everyone will be bashing at islam because rules but all 4 pages not a single insult to the religion, that shows how high educated most of the members are :)

First of all no one can say is what Kolo doing allowed or not, only a scholar can make a judgment according to his knowledge so even a muslim with low knowledge in the matter shouldnt judge on Kolo's action, but his reason dosent fall under the legitimate ones.
he can either:
-continue fasting during the match[if the match was before sunet] but if he felt he cant go on he can break his fast but not before it, like he should try to go on unless he felt it thretens his life or something so he cant break the fast and fast again on another day.
-he can just break his fast during match days and repent to god later and fast the days he didnt fast after ramadhan, and it seems he choosed this option ;p

bottem line its kolo's choice as alot of members said, its between him and god.

vin de guerre

Azx said:
i opened this thread thinking everyone will be bashing at islam because rules but all 4 pages not a single insult to the religion, that shows how high educated most of the members are :)
bottem line its kolo's choice as alot of members said, its between him and god.
I believe this thread has shown that most on the forum have an open mind to all our differences rather than having any in depth understanding of theologan or religeous differences.On the whole a great forum and long may Kolo assist in winning our way toa few more cups. Inshalla!

putra_sas

i believe that depend on the individual. there are so many obstacles that can prevent one from performing thier believe. if i compare KOlo Toure responsibilities to those in Iraq or Palestine, than he is far from near. those people strive their live even during fasting period.....

some for us to think...

jay-d

Established Member
putra_sas said:
i believe that depend on the individual. there are so many obstacles that can prevent one from performing thier believe. if i compare KOlo Toure responsibilities to those in Iraq or Palestine, than he is far from near. those people strive their live even during fasting period.....

some for us to think...

Wht have you bumped a 2 year old topic with a comment that doesn't make sense or even bear relevance to the original question.

arsenal4life

i recall this topic was opened before every Ramadan since Kolo Arrival

so do you have a lot new to share it ???

what is the point of this topic again

N5brownie

slapz said:
Sammer said:
he is not a good moslem then

what do you define as a good muslim then? just cos his job means he cannot fast doesnt make him a bad muslim

surely if you're following a religion you should focus on the rules and focus your mind purely on god and forget every thing else which stops you from doing it?

hujja

Established Member
Ramadan's going to start on October 5th and end on November 4th.

According to our fixtures, apart the CL games, those 3-4 weeks should be a breeze.

But we've struggled against **** teams before. Let hope Kolo doesn't burn himself out if indeed he is fasting while playing.

AFCG7

Established Member
Some players can play football while fasting without a drop in their performance. Its easier to do in England because by October it will get a bit cooler and players would not be that badly affected.
But the Islamic Calendar loses about 15 days each year to our normal calendar so Ramadaan i think moves forward by those amounts of day each year.. in a few seasons time Ramadaan will coincide with the summer months..even then Kolo could have it easier if he does chose to fast because we dont play competitive games in July and August.
YUssuf Chippo , Naybet , Kachloul and a few other Moroccan players were interviewed about this about 4 years ago in FIFA football magazine and they all said they fasted while playing and it did not affect their performance.

Its up to the player.
The priciple of working in a quarry is the same.. if you can do it and keep your fast intact then its no problem.. if it affects your health you can break the fast and keep it later.

Feanor

Established Member
You know we had this discussion last year too, and probably the year before...having been born a muslim and an avid Rumi reader, I do enjoy religious debate but I'll try not to offend anyone since we're all gunners here. No religion is about 5 or 10 artificial "rules" that you have to follow blindly. Religion was created/delievered (depending on your views) to stop people from acting like animals. The basis of every religion is being a good person, helping those in need and forgivness, not what animal you eat or what you drink! Those had significance when they were introduced but some of them are no longer valid. Pork was banned because it was a filthy animal and often had worms which led to disease, in the modern world given mad cow disease you can make an argument that pork is far safer!

Rhamadan is a commeration of the Prophet Muhammad and his followers trip from Mecca to Medina (or the other way, can't remember right now), not a decree from god. When you travel in the desert, you sleep during the day and travel at night, hence the whole fasting thing. I'm not trying to belittle what they did but it's pretty easy to fast when you're sleeping!

Lastly, if you've read the Koran and understand it (which most people actually don't), it is a very forgiving and open-minded religion. Most of the Koran message is about learning and improving yourself as a human being, not war. The word war/battle only appears in the Koran 5 or 6 times, if I remember correctly.

Living in a modern world (eastern or western) is not condusive to fasting and blindly following a tradition is very narrow minded. Need I remind you that slavery was also a tradition? If you don't think that traditions surrounding religion can be modified, then that is your right but remember that Islam is about learning not ruling.

Just my opinion and sorry for turning this into more than just a Rhamadan disscussion but certain things needed to be said.

Top Bottom