• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There's a lot of laughter going round likening this to United hiring Solskjaer. But how is Lampard actually doing? Has someone watched him and Derby more closely, what kind of football are they playing? I at least thought taking on a Championship side was a sensible choice to get into managing, contrary to e.g. what Henry did at Monaco.
Also heard very little of him. Sometimes the stars come out of the woodwork though.

Still amazed we finished below Chelsea this season. We really stuffed it.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
There's a lot of laughter going round likening this to United hiring Solskjaer. But how is Lampard actually doing? Has someone watched him and Derby more closely, what kind of football are they playing? I at least thought taking on a Championship side was a sensible choice to get into managing, contrary to e.g. what Henry did at Monaco.

He's clearly done a good job at Derby to get them to the playoff finals, also a strong cup run. Still I think it would be too early for him to go to Chelsea although I wouldn't put it past them to make such a rushed and shortsighted decision.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s sh*thoused his way into sixth past Boro and Bristol then waited for the inevitable Leeds bottle job in the playoff semis.

Honestly they were so jammy to even be in the race for sixth let alone the playoff final. If there’s any justice Villa will give them a pumping.

Toby

Probably can't attract many bigger names right now with Hazard leaving, transfer band upheld and a squad as dodgy as Arsenal's.

On the upside, they won't have burned a top manager for what's going to be a tough season and if Lampard happens to turn out well, they've basically made their own.

Who else should they go for? Big Sam?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Who else should they go for? Big Sam?
Javi Gracia and Nuno Espirito Santo have been linked, if they think this is their best chance of getting a top 6 job they might be willing to inherit this mess.

Allegri was supposedly their main target a few weeks ago but it makes sense for him to sit out a year, learn English properly and then possibly have his pick of Arsenal/United/Chelsea in the summer of 2020.

Toby

Javi Gracia and Nuno Espirito Santo have been linked, if they think this is their best chance of getting a top 6 job they might be willing to inherit this mess.

I could see Javi Gracia, but as Nuno I'd stay put until a club without transfer ban comes in. Wolves are doing a good job, they will invest in the squad, their players are not so outstanding that they'll see an exodus, and 9 points aren't that much, they dropped a lot of points against smaller teams. It might be a bit early, but with current Arsenal and Utd, say if Sp**s loose Poch, Chelsea with a transfer ban and Lampard as manager - I'd definitely smell Top 6 blood as Wolves manager. That's a neat challenge to go into next season. Nuno reeks of United to me for some reason, anyway.

Allegri was supposedly their main target a few weeks ago but it makes sense for him to sit out a year, learn English properly and then possibly have his pick of Arsenal/United/Chelsea in the summer of 2020.

It's not just the English teams. With Valverde at Barca, Kovac at Bayern, Milan getting a new manager there's ample opportunities out there if you're willing to relax and wait for it to open up. I wouldn't even put it past beyond everyone involved to bring Allegri back to Juve should Sarri fail early on.

Reactions: A_G

Toby

One of the best.

Are they interested in him as coach? Cause he very likely won't be interested in that. He just did it at Leipzig again as a stop gap because they wanted Nagelsmann who was only available for 19/20. Because of health and stress related issues he normally doesn't want to work at the sidelines anymore. His thing is also rather to be the main man, an almighty DoF who transforms a whole club from top to bottom according to his ideas and concepts - like he did at Hoffenheim and Leipzig.

Now what's interesting about his situation is the following:
There's been a lot of talk lately about an internal power struggle between Rangnick and Leipzig CEO Oliver Mintzlaff. In less than a month a third a.lpha male is arriving in Julian Nagelsmann. Rangnick has been demoted/promoted - no one really knows how powerful his new position is - to Head of Sport and Development Soccer directly at Red Bull, overseeing and coordinating RB Brasil, RBNY, RB Leipzig and CA Bragantino in what has been described as a more advisary role from sources.

There's a couple of possibilities. Maybe Rangnick is taking a further step out of the limelight for health/age reasons, but remains just as powerful or more, basically being the Red Bull franchise boss now. Maybe he's lost the power struggle against Mintzlaff and was shifted aside into a hollow position. Or he's kind of lost the struggle or decided it was time to step aside with Nagelsmann arriving. He's definitely out of the operative business at Leipzig, as they will have a new coach and a new DoF in Markus Krösche, who joins them from Paderborn.

If one of the latter is the case - him being shifted due to internal struggles - there's definitely the chance to get Rangnick - but 99% not as coach. As Arsenal's board I'd be all over him to replace Sanllehi. If Chelsea get him in as DoF, with their young talent and spread out academy and loan system - Jesus. He'd built something massive.

If this new position turns out to be a serious and powerful one or if the decision to step aside at Leipzig has been by his design for health/age reasons, then you won't get him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What are Chelsea doing? Hiring Lampard and sacking Sarri after he got 3rd place and bullied Arsenal in a final? Such a weird season for him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom