• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Favourite AFC player of the decade?

Favourite AFC player of the decade?

• Total voters

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Go watch Harlem Globetrotters if you only care about how things look
Brazil, Spain, Barcelona, Man City...... all played beautiful football with skillful players. They are some of the most successful teams in history. Winning and playing the beautiful way isn’t mutually exclusive. No one wants to pay to see a therapy for sleeping disorder every weekend.

If Arteta is like Guardiola, we will buy players like the one on my list again, just like the type of players Man City has now. And when we are playing entertaining football and scoring for fun, plaease stop crying and say you want your boring football back.

Last edited:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Half of those players on that list is why we are in deep dodo now!

Fick beautiful football, football is a sport our identity should be about winning

The last of those players left years ago, you know, back when we finished top four, played aesthetically pleasing footbal and won a few Fa Cups.

Meanwhile your favourite athletic, strong players like Xhaka and Kola have gotten us to midtable, breaking negative records as a team. Won one game in the last 13. You are deluded.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Robin Van Persie. My favourite player ever, not the just the last decade. Best Dutch striker in PL history.

Won a title with Utd but ruined his legacy a little. Wasn’t long enough at Utd to be considered a legend and can’t be considered that here due to his transfer to Utd.

He was very underrated here in Holland, a lot favoured Huntelaar at the time, based on performances in the national team. Many never saw him play at a consistent world class level in the Premier League. My favourite Arsenal and Dutch player, though he's probably not the best Dutch striker ever considering what we had in the past with Van Basten etc.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Robin Van Persie. My favourite player ever, not the just the last decade. Best Dutch striker in PL history.

Won a title with Utd but ruined his legacy a little. Wasn’t long enough at Utd to be considered a legend and can’t be considered that here due to his transfer to Utd.

He was also my favourite player, that 2011/2012 season he was insane, winning us games in his own. However, I was so pissed at him when he left, especially the way he left, that I just don't like him anymore :)
His comments after he left and a recent interview he gave, revealed that he is also a despicable liar who does not shy even when faced with the truth.

I voted for Cazorla, who through his magic gave us a lot of top performances and brought happiness to fans through his personality.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Alexis Sanchez, a wrecking ball of a player, could get into an all time Arsène eleven, amazing player at his peak...

...I remember his penalty that won Chile the 2015 Copa America, balls of steel.

Also @GDeep™ do you consider Bergkamp as a striker, and thus, Van Persie better than him?

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Consider Bergkamp an AM then?

On a side note, I may have to give it to Jack Wilshere simply for the 2010/2011 season alone. A small part of every Arsenal fans love for football died when we realized he'd never come back from the injuries after that season

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Brazil, Spain, Barcelona, Man City...... all played beautiful football with skillful players. They are some of the most successful teams in history. Winning and playing the beautiful way isn’t mutually exclusive. No one wants to pay to see a therapy for sleeping disorder every weekend.

If Arteta is like Guardiola, we will buy players like the one on my list again, just like the type of players Man City has now. And when we are playing entertaining football and scoring for fun, plaease stop crying and say you want your boring football back.

Isnt it hard to enjoy football when you are blind?
Those teams even when/if they werent made up of hulking athletes (they still had those guys to, heck Yaya was in two of those teams) but they were runners, we got a bunxh of small technical playmakers that werent

We dont have the money to get all those superstars, we gotta play moneyball

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Consider Bergkamp an AM then?

On a side note, I may have to give it to Jack Wilshere simply for the 2010/2011 season alone. A small part of every Arsenal fans love for football died when we realized he'd never come back from the injuries after that season
As a striker, RVP was way ahead of Bergkamp. Actually Bergkamp has surprisingly low amount of goals if you count him as a striker.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

As a striker, RVP was way ahead of Bergkamp. Actually Bergkamp has surprisingly low amount of goals if you count him as a striker.

I consider DB10 as an AM rather than a striker. I'm just morbidly curious to see what GDeep thinks.

Vantastico

He was also my favourite player, that 2011/2012 season he was insane, winning us games in his own. However, I was so pissed at him when he left, especially the way he left, that I just don't like him anymore :)
His comments after he left and a recent interview he gave, revealed that he is also a despicable liar who does not shy even when faced with the truth.
Man, reminiscing over all the bad luck Arsenal has had over the years (in a different thread) made me think about how Robin must have felt. Probably, something like: "Well, I can't fight the Lord, so I'll just join the Red Devils instead."

Terrible stuff, I know. (That Van Persie sold his soul to the devil, that is Sir Alex Ferguson).

Sorry bad jokes.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He was very underrated here in Holland, a lot favoured Huntelaar at the time, based on performances in the national team. Many never saw him play at a consistent world class level in the Premier League. My favourite Arsenal and Dutch player, though he's probably not the best Dutch striker ever considering what we had in the past with Van Basten etc.

Van Basten , what striker :drool:.

Manberg

Predator
I do think we have a culture at this fanbase for worshiping individual brilliance over a collective team effort. Team should come first.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Not sure where to put it - here or the Unpopular football oppinion thread - I already put my vote down for RVP, but I don't think Cazorla is being overrated at all, actually rather the opposite as he been the best two-footed player I've ever seen.

Iniesta and Xavi had obviously had the better, more successfull, careers, but Cazorla in his best patches at Arsenal has been of the same level. Sadly we just did not match his quality in the full side. Would have slotted in at Barca easily.

Once in a while you could see that in the Spanish National team which was basically a close match to Barca. He often was the best player in that side. Insane guy and similarly likable off the field.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Just came across this video, 50 greatest Arsenal goals of the decade, so it fits perfectly in this thread. Some crackers to salivate over, also a bit depressing that we don't have this quality anymore. Santi, RVP, Alexis, top players doing it regularly.

Look out for a great freekick from The Boss as #35!

#1 has to be our best team goal ever and gets my vote!

Vantastico

Used to be Robin Van, and it remains a close call despite his traitorous act, but right before the decade-crossover it still went to the Second Coming of Christ himself: Gary Martin-Nelly. (Because he hasn't had enough time to break my heart yet).

Top Bottom