• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FC Barcelona: Mess Que Un Club

Bossa

Established Member
Of course Barcelona are still a fantastic club but are we overrating them? They have a big chance of ending this season with no trophies. Some are saying that they are the best team of the last twenty years or even of all time. Are they really?

They are overreliant on Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. The others are not really that great. Henry is finished and Ibra hasn't fulfiled the hype. Selling Eto'o was really a big mistake.

iu

fabo

6.51 / 10
Re: Are we overrating Barcelona?

Well in the case of people rating them as high as some of THE greatest sides ever, yes they're overrated. Really must wait until the team has run it's course before making any comparisons.

But they are a great side who will challenge strongly for the CL over the next 4 or 5 years at least. They rely on their big players like many other sides, wouldn't criticise them for that.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Bossa said:
Of course Barcelona are still a fantastic club but are we overrating them? They have a big chance of ending this season with no trophies. Some are saying that they are the best team of the last twenty years or even of all time. Are they really?

They are overreliant on Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. The others are not really that great. Henry is finished and Ibra hasn't fulfiled the hype. Selling Eto'o was really a big mistake.

They were called the best team on the back of last seasons performance. This season was just fueling that hype.

Bossa

Established Member
Last season they had Henry and Eto´o. Barcelona were more unpredictable because you had three insane forwards. This season they only have Messi. Pedro did a solid job but not as great as Henry last season. Ibra is average compared to Eto'o. Eto´o scored thirty goals every season and he offered more for Barca's overall game while Ibra just slows them down.

They rely too much on Messi and Xavi nowadays. Too bad that Iniesta is so always injured this season.

Oh and Jeffren and Bojan? Give me a break. they are so average. They wouldnt even get into our side.

For this team to become truly great they have to get back to back finals in CL and three consecutive titles.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Bossa said:
For this team to become truly great they have to get back to back finals in CL and three consecutive titles.

It's not exactly the same team, though. They've changed quite abit since last season, both in how the attackers are utilised and the increasing usage of an alternate formation.

Goonereagle

I'm still tryin' to get my head around the Zlatan-Eto'o deal. Surely a great club would not have had their pants pulled down so willingly.

There must be more to the picture than meets the eye as far as that transfer goes.

Y va marquer

Established Member
As a Manc pointed out to me this evening - people got a little carried away by notions of Barca's greatness when they beat Arsenal's "B" team...

Once I'd gotten over the annoyance at his daring to comment I had to admit that there is an element of truth in that.

Apart from in recent CL games I don't watch Barca but, given their performances against us and Inter, I would have to say that we made them look great and Inter made them look ordinary.

Captain

Established Member
They are that great but anyone can lose a game of football no matter what your approach is; attacking, defensive, expensive squad, budget, young, seasoned. It really doesn't matter, in the end it is an athletic contest of 90mins with (usually) 11 men trying to outwit another 11 men.

thegame24

Established Member
First off they won the game, second they had a winner disaalowed, third they werer robbed of a draw in inter.

Yes they are very good but Messi is the reason they have that edge.

Still think our 2002-2004 team would beat them.

The **** Busquets ruins everything for them in terms of respecting them. I would love to smash his face.

P_Gunner

Barca are disgusting.

Police tried to arrest Eto'o the night before the game for not paying taxes.

Barca turned on the sprinklers where the Inter players were celebrating.

Barca fans camped out by Inter's hotel in an attempt to make the players get no sleep. Mourinho says he was still having fireworks hit his window at 4 in the morning.

They also attacked the car Mourinho was in before the game and tried to topple it over.

Its disgusting behavior from an arrogant club if you ask me.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
They tried all they can to win, disgraceful really.

I have said this when they played us, they dived and dived and interupted any of our decent moves. They know how to play beautifully, but can be despicable when it matters. We can't, thats the difference

Latest posts+

Top Bottom