• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Feel Good" Announcement due at 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
How can it be classed as a new good news announcement when every News paper and media outlet in the land already told us this yesterday?

Almost worse than the Cazorla AFC announcement.

Santi pictured training at AFC, going out with shopping with the team, partying at China Whites and buying a new house ...... 48hrs later, major AFC announcment "AFC have signed Cazorla".

Yeah mofo we noticed!

mo50

Established Member
Some of you guys could be receiving a blowjob from Megan Fox and complain it isn't Jessica Alba. Sheesh.

Fantastic news.

Fantastic news, this has really brightened up my day.

Keeping hold of these players is key to our future successes and I think , for once , Arsenal have made a positive statement of intent in terms of contracts.

For those talking about how this isn't big news, just imagine the apocalypse that would have ensued if players like Wilshere, Jenks, Gibbs, Ox and Ramsey had gone the same way as Nasri, RVP, Walcott and so on in terms of contract issues.

Up the Arsenal!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Real feel good story, lots of negativity around at Arsenal but this is quality stuff, makes you optimistic and excited about the future.

You look at the way foreign players have come in and used us as stepping stone in recent years, some being open about it too - Nasri, it seems our policy might have shifted a little bit.

Manure, aside, other clubs can only dream of having the British group we have, all quality. Wilshere is a future captain, Chambo has bottle, Jenks is a Gooner, Gibbs is our own and a top young talent, Rambo will develop into a top midfielder for me, exciting stuff. Just get Theo signed and we're laughing.

I fancy this core of players to bring the good times back... just as long we sprinkle a few world class players around them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lets hope Ramsey comes good he must thank wenger he still have faith in him if he was at another big club the club will sell him so lets hope from rambo give his best and show his real skills.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With the player exodus that has happened at this club in the last couple of seasons, this has to viewed as welcomed news yet this can only be the beginning.

It is great that we're keeping this core crop of young players at the club, but obviously Theo needs to sign a new deal and we need to sign a defensive midfielder and another striker.

I hope this encourages Theo and also makes it clear to him and the club how important he is to the squad. He is scoring goals for fun right now, can play on the wing and down the middle, and will be the leader of a generation of British players both a club and international level. He can't get that anywhere else, but we also can't find a player that could fulfill that need either. We should give him what he wants and he should "sign da ting. "

Also, we need to sign Sagna to a new deal too. Jenks is good, but not good enough to replace Sagna yet. A year or two as an understudy will only make him better, and will probably extend Bac's career.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Remember what I said on page 1 of this thread.

Good news = signing Ramesy (meh)

Enter the clanger = Walcott leaves for £2 Million to Chelsea on deadline day!

It's coming.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Walcott would be mad to leave.

Conspiracy theory time though - Wenger will give Theo games at CF, like on Monday, so when Theo leaves he can't say ''Wenger never played me at CF, thats why I left, I want to play CF''. Wenger covering himself.

Mastadon

Established Member
Its underwhelming because we knew it was going to happen and there was never any doubt that any of them would not sign their respective contracts. Its like getting a 2 month bonus which you knew about all along instead of the 6 month bonus you were secretly hoping for. Walcott signing was the main prize and its not there.

marv3llous

Dear god. Some people on here ...

So what if we already knew about this? This day and age its nearly impossible to do anything without someone knowing about it. Its not 1995 anymore. Its absolutely fantastic news, great PR move by the club to get all 5 of them together behind the same desk and an important part of our future. We are talking about signing half our possible starting 11 in 2 years. And no, i do not want a debate about Jenkinson or Ramsey - lets just say that 1,5 years ago many of us wouldnt have blinked an eye if we sold Walcott.

Did anyone actually think Theo will pop out 2 days after playing his first game as a CF and sign da ting? Or that we are announcing a new signing of someone before the window is officially open? Get real.

trunks206

Established Member
Mastadon said:
Its underwhelming because we knew it was going to happen and there was never any doubt that any of them would not sign their respective contracts. Its like getting a 2 month bonus which you knew about all along instead of the 6 month bonus you were secretly hoping for. Walcott signing was the main prize and its not there.

While I undertand what you are saying how many millions of Arsenal fans were shocked/surprised and overjoyed by the news today when they checked Arsenal.com? This "feel good" announcement hint wasn't for us, we spend hours a day talking about Arsenal online every single day, we aren't normal :lol:

evoh_1

Established Member
So we hand out nice contracts to players who haven't had to do much to get them while ignoring those who needed to be secured over the past 3 years. Hardly worth feeling good about these residual contracts when we are likely to see at least one more first team player leave for peanuts becuase of failure to deal with their contracts.

What do these player have to aspire to when they are paid some of the best wages in the league while achieving little and developing their game? the players should be kept hungry and aspire to those who are getting top wages becasue they are top players doing the business week in week out.

If anything this announcement likely shows that we have no intention of address the wage issue which is stopping us from signing or retaining top players and only confirms to me that we will be seeing more of the same in the future.

blaze_of_glory

evoh_1, not trying to be a ****, but lately you have got the be the most negative poster on here, with an amazing ability to find a way to look at everything as if its bad news. Lighten up a bit man, constant griping isn't good for your health :lol:

JayTV05

I think Wenger has realised that the team needs an english core, and that english players are more likely to be loyal to the club than someone bought in from abroad.

Hopefully they actually stay loyal though, I feel we need some success about the club for this to happen. If we finish outside the top 4 regularly and are playing on thursdays this will probably be the last contract they sign here.

Now just get Theo signed up and a couple of top level signings in january then we will be looking good.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Great to know we can atleast tie down 5 players on contracts. But how did that happen quicker then getting 1 player (Theo) to resign ??

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Best news of the season: reason for a celebration!

Jack to the sound of the underground (party mix):

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO_NHg0PnJQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO_NHg0PnJQ</a>

evoh_1

Established Member
blaze_of_glory said:
evoh_1, not trying to be a ****, but lately you have got the be the most negative poster on here, with an amazing ability to find a way to look at everything as if its bad news. Lighten up a bit man, constant griping isn't good for your health :lol:

I'd rather be proved wrong rather then disappointed by my false optimism.

Everything points to more of the same which hasn't been good times for my health for a good few years now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom