• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ferdinand and the FA

JazzG

Established Member
Why? Are you talking as a neutral or an england fan here? Should they not be fair just to help the chances of england? Screw the drugs rules eh.

He missed a drug test, this is almost as bad as taking drugs. He has been made an example of. We have no idea what really happened as the media never tells the truth so we are in no postion to say whether it is fair or not imo.

Adam

Established Member
Should be longer really if that is the rule. What if he did take drugs? What if a new druggie is found in football now? Will he get 8 months too?

Very lenient standard.

The Premier

By the way, there is a professor at a California University, I think it is San Diego State, who calls into question the entire issue of "performance enhanicng drugs". He has spent many years trying to determine whether there is such a thing as a PED. He feels that the vast majority of the items listed as banned substances by WADA (a seven page densely typed list) have no beneficial effect, and many have only harmful, long-term health effects. At best, he feels that a handful of chemicals may provide a benefit, provided that: an individual's metabolism permits the chemical's intended effect; and that the chemical is taken in reasonably large quantities for a long period of time, and only in conjunction with a careful program of training designed to take advantage of the benefit. In his opinion, the amounts of any chemicals found in urine, etc., are, in almost all cases, of such insignificant amounts as to be laughable. He confirms that in fact WADA refuses to conduct or review any scientific research which attempts to show that any particular substance is in fact "performance enhancing", and if so, just how much is required. WADA has been set up to assuage a general feeling wihtin the public that ingestion of chemicals reults in superhumans who should no longer be permitted to compete against "normal people".

I don't know enough to either agree or disagree with this, however, as with everything, there are usually three sides to every disagreement - each opposing view and then the truth.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
holy sh*t.... i still cant believe this.... 8 months? you dont usually see a big name getting that long of a ban unles they actually test positive for a drug.. well, not that it's going to hurt OUR title chances with their #1 CB out for the year....

Adam

Established Member
US - I have never known any other case when the person hasn't been tested positive and has been charged! Ferdinands is unique as he forgot. It should be seen as the equal to testing positive though.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Thats sensational! The FA finally come down hard on another club apart from Arsenal! I was expecting Rio to be banned for only a couple of months. You can bet Fergie will be in the market for a big name defender if the appeal doesn't succeed.

Stim

Goonergurjit said:
Thats sensational! The FA finally come down hard on another club apart from Arsenal! I was expecting Rio to be banned for only a couple of months. You can bet Fergie will be in the market for a big name defender if the appeal doesn't succeed.
He will only be banned for about 3 months. United will appeal and suceed. They only gave him 8 months now to make FIFA think they have actually punished Rio properly. The appeal will lessen the time and Rio will have enough time to get match fit again before Euro 2004.

Well thats my view anyway.

thegame24

Established Member
8 months is a little justified. why?

cause not only did he miss a test, but he ALSO LIED and said his mobile was off when it has been proved it was on. the fact that he lied is just as bad. look at the ***** maxine carr she lied and got 3 and a half years prison.

also jgooner, how can u say english sport betrayed itself?

are u saying that if silvestre got 8 months for doing the same thing thats ok? but cause its an englishman its not ok?
thats the type of double standards we keep arguing about when decisions go against the arsenal

everyone should get the same punishment.
I still think they are ****ing arseholes though.

oh yea u have also got to look at it another way. hes played 2 months of footie due to the long delay, think how pissed those teams are. so the 8 months makes up for the 2 months he played before he was found guilty.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Stim said:
Goonergurjit said:
He will only be banned for about 3 months. United will appeal and suceed. They only gave him 8 months now to make FIFA think they have actually punished Rio properly. The appeal will lessen the time and Rio will have enough time to get match fit again before Euro 2004.

Well thats my view anyway.

I get what you're saying Stim but the appeal could go both ways. Either it'll work or they'll make the ban longer.

Adam

Established Member
They'll appeal of course. They'll delay it as much as they can to allow Wes Brown to regain fitness and slot in for him.

A

Anonymous

Game 24 you are the most racist person i've listend to you really are!
i'm not sticking up for Rio but a Man City player missed a drug test not once but twice and got a fine?
But Game24 will give Rio a life ban?
you was like this on the old Arsenal.com forum the men in white hats at the FA and ppl just laughed at you! but on here they say nowt because you post?

Alexone234

8 months, well it certainly sets the precedent there then. I hope Fungie **** a brick when he heard that one.

I have no sympathy. We have been fu-cked by the FA for 6 years, and now in the face of a United let off, Fifa lean on the FA to go to town. And they did.

Its about time United and their players realised that they can't do what they want all the time.

Sol man

myth said:
Game 24 you are the most racist person i've listend to you really are!
i'm not sticking up for Rio but a Man City player missed a drug test not once but twice and got a fine?
But Game24 will give Rio a life ban?
you was like this on the old Arsenal.com forum the men in white hats at the FA and ppl just laughed at you! but on here they say nowt because you post?

Racist!?! A bit harsh.

Ferdinand deserves what he got. At first I felt pity for him but then I thought of how united and thier fans urged the FA to take action on Arsenal after the old trafford melee and I honestly hope that united know what it feels like to make something out of nothing. If you want to talk about harsh then you also need to look at the the punishment given to our players (Vieira fined and suspended for not leaving the pitch quickly enought :shock: ). United heaped pressure on the F.A to act on Arsenal and now they know what it feels like :D :D .

A

Anonymous

Sepp Blatter what a laugh! football Riots in south America People dead the TURKISH fans? and he sticks his nose into a young black mans trouble? we did without FIFA for 100 years and i for one would F*** him off.

Ridge

wow 8 months and he wont be playin for England in the Euro 2004.

Erikkson must be moaning and Terry is smiling. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom