• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ferdinand and the FA

Taozhe

ruud said:
Exiled..i honestly don't think that one could say that he "avoided" the drug test as it has not been proved yet wether he "avoided" it or "forgot" to take it..if after the hearing it is proved that he avoided it..then you have every right to say he "avoided" it.

Forgot? forgetting something this important has got to be the most bias thing that only a manure supporter would say :)

first of all, would u forget a test or exam? would u forget something like that? Nope ... its all excuses ... and in the law should be punished .

Lying + avoiding drugs = more than 8 mths .. probably should be 2 yrs ban. Manure are appealing .. here's to more mths for stupidity ! :)

The Premier

Forgot? forgetting something this important has got to be the most bias thing that only a manure supporter would say :)

first of all, would u forget a test or exam? would u forget something like that? Nope ... its all excuses ... and in the law should be punished .

Lying + avoiding drugs = more than 8 mths .. probably should be 2 yrs ban. Manure are appealing .. here's to more mths for stupidity ! :)[/quote]

I have no trouble at all with the FA, or FIFA. UEFA or Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum setting rules, and having everyone abide by them. You want to ban someone two years for missing a test - no problem. But, if that is the punishment, then it has to be applied to everyone - again, someone please explain why should this be any different to the fellow at Man City who got nowt more than a fine??

I wonder if the FA has shot itself in the foot this time. I wouldn't be surprised if the various appeals spill over into the civil court system at the end of the day. Where will it leave the FA's credibility if this decision is overturned by a judge, simply on the basis of fairness?

IW8

The Premier said:
I don't see how this decision is consistent with the decision to only levy a finea against Negouai earlier in the year. The punishment should be the same, regardless of the profile of the individual and the club. At the least, the FA should have to set out why it feels the two cases were so different.

The cases are quite different: The Man City player told the the drug testers that he had to pick his mother up from the airport. They gave him permission to leave the ground and to get back within a certain time. He then got caught in traffic and phoned them to say that he was going to be late back. Personally I don't think he should have been allowed to leave the ground but, they knew where he was going and the reasons why.

I believe that the Ferdinand case is far more sinister, he plays for Man U not some tin pot club in the back of beyond. I can not accept that the club (especially if they know how forgetful he is!) would let him leave the ground without taking the test unless they ALL had something to hide.

A

Anonymous

then this is sick..Stam who took Drugs intentionally was only banned for 4 months..Rio whose case wasn't even proved to be deliberate or not gets 8 months..help me out here?!

patrick42uk

Established Member
th f.a. are so inconsistenst and so flawed, i think they should be scrapped and built from scratch. It seems to me they are treating bigger clubs differently from the way smaller clubs are. maybe this is palios's way of trying to make a name for himself. Rio is getting banned for missing a drug test, despite producing what seems to be a feasible explanation why. Danny mills more or less committed GBH on the pitch against paolo di canio. The f.a. however deemed it to be fair and said he had nothing to answer for. If rio is getting a ban for something which there is ucertainty over (i.e possibly taking drugs), danny mills should be banned for life for his acions which seems very clear on t.v. I sympathise with rio and man utd. Expect more laughable descisons from the f.a. in the near future. and we have to sit back and accept them

IW8

ruud said:
then this is sick..Stam who took Drugs intentionally was only banned for 4 months..Rio whose case wasn't even proved to be deliberate or not gets 8 months..help me out here?!

And who did Stam play for?

thegame24

Established Member
myth?
racist?

what have u been smoking?

if i was racist do u think id be an arsenal fan?

whats anything i wrote in my post got to do with racism????

A

Anonymous

thegame24 said:
myth?
racist?

You have allways called the FA racists how can you do that thats being racist against the FA?

A

Anonymous

IW8 said:
ruud said:

And who did Stam play for?

Lazio(when he was found guilty)

Webdesignlab

Established Member
The guy was guilty of missing a drugs test. He would have got 2 years but got 8 mnths instead. I guess there must have been some evidence that got him off lighter.

I remember the calls from Man U fans for points to be deducted from Arsenal after the handbags (nothing else let's face it) at OT. I cannot feel sorry for you now. I see it as Karma ... you finally got yours.

Keown, Giggs, Lauren etc were only guilty of been stupid and reckless. The media (a Man U friend normally) whipped it into a frenzy so that the FA had to act severly to Arsenal. Well, do not come crying now that the same media has (along with Blatter) pressurised the FA into banning Rio for 8 mnths. If I were Man U I would let it go and get on with your lives, Rita Turdinand is no great loss for you or England ... he simply is not that good. Appealing will only make it even harder imo.

"Do not wish for something less you get it" is a good truism for you here. You wished the media to get involved into your title hopes and they bloody well did.

A

Anonymous

All i know is things like that makes a club more determined to win? Rio was banned "ok" lets get on with it! He will wind the team up in training Wes is fit and Money in the bank if we need players.
the only thing i have a gripe about is Sepp Blatter sticking his nose in, Turkish Fans?, South American football riots, and Blatter poking his nose in a ruling bodys case, no wonder Arsène is having a go at him?

thegame24

Established Member
myth said:
thegame24 said:
myth?
racist?

You have allways called the FA racists how can you do that thats being racist against the FA?

seriously what have you been smoking.

A

Anonymous

You was like that on Arsenal.com? remember the men in white hats at the FA? i've not been smoking anything i dont smoke at all!

jc8gooner

Keown, Giggs, Lauren etc were only guilty of been stupid and reckless. The media (a Man U friend normally) whipped it into a frenzy so that the FA had to act severly to Arsenal. Well, do not come crying now that the same media has (along with Blatter) pressurised the FA into banning Rio for 8 mnths. If I were Man U I would let it go and get on with your lives, Rita Turdinand is no great loss for you or England ... he simply is not that good. Appealing will only make it even harder imo.

That is spot on.

A

Anonymous

Sepp Blatter says if Manchester United take the FA to court he will Ban Man U from the Premier League.
I for one have no problem with the Ban, i dont know all the facts so they must be right!
The one problem i have is Blatter :roll: and players some get a £2000 fine and others get £50,000 and a 8 month ban?
BTW thank you Arsène for your support for Rio.

A

Anonymous

still no answer..how did Stam get away with only 4 months then after he was found guilty of USING drugs?!

IW8

ruud said:
still no answer..how did Stam get away with only 4 months then after he was found guilty of USING drugs?!

Stam probably "got away" with it because his representatives didn't go in shouting the odds. It is also likely that they may have decided he was already taking it by the time he arrived at Lazio and that his "previous" club had been the main beneficiaries!

It has been well documented that the FA were prepared to give Ferdinand 3 months until the arrogance of United officials irriated them to the point where they felt that both the player and the club needed to be taught a lesson. Instead of accepting that their player had been a bloody idiot, United went all out to put the responsibilty on anyone else but themselves.

I still can't understand how Ferdinand "forgot" to provide a sample when 2 of his team mates remembered! Didn't they talk about it in the dressing room? Didn't anyone say (bearing in mind that he's alledgedly reknowned for his "forgetfulness") "Don't forget your test Rio"? As far as I'm concerned the whole thing stinks and in my opinion by missing his drugs test, Ferdinand is as guilty as Jaap Stam, and if FIFA, The FA et el were really serious about stamping drugs out of the game both players would have received immediate 2 year bans.

Man U supporters may claim that their player has been scapegoated and point to others who have received lesser punishments. However, the fact remains that if your "innocent" player had provided a sample when asked, or told officials where he was going (as was the case of the Man City player) he wouldn't be looking at a ban at all. Instead people like myself listen to Alex Ferguson saying that Ferdinand has a kidney infection and conclude (rightly or wrongly), "ahh I bet he's taking EPO, that's why they didn't want him to provide any sort of sample" (a drug that is used to treat kidney complaints and also enhances fittness and stamina!).

Unfair conclusion: I would have to agree, but would I have been able come to that conclusion if Ferdinand had taken the test?

IW8

Webdesignlab said:
The guy was guilty of missing a drugs test. He would have got 2 years but got 8 mnths instead. I guess there must have been some evidence that got him off lighter.

I remember the calls from Man U fans for points to be deducted from Arsenal after the handbags (nothing else let's face it) at OT. I cannot feel sorry for you now. I see it as Karma ... you finally got yours.

"Do not wish for something less you get it" is a good truism for you here. You wished the media to get involved into your title hopes and they bloody well did.

Excellent post. Spot on.

Andrew

IW8 said:
Webdesignlab said:

Excellent post. Spot on.

I'll second that. You've said it perfectly. 8)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom