• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ferdinand and the FA

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsène in a report I read online is on MU side
Sorry but I can not recall all what was side my memory is a seive

IW8

Natnat said:
Arsène in a report I read online is on MU side
Sorry but I can not recall all what was side my memory is a seive

I think Arsène was pointing to the inconsistancies (Sky Sports News). However, let's not forget if Ferdinand had taken the test we wouldn't be having this debate. On this one I would be happy to go against "Le Boss" as it is something I feel very strongly about.

Arjan

ruud said:
still no answer..how did Stam get away with only 4 months then after he was found guilty of USING drugs?!

He did NOT use drugs, it was a food suplement which was wrongly prepared.

It looked like he had traces of a performance enhanicing drugs in his blood, but those traces came out of a food suplement.
So he did NOT use drugs, along with Davids, Frank de Boer and Couto (all teammates) He got 4 months for being not carefull enough. It wasn't even a proven performance improving drug, since there basicly are no drugs for improving your football skills/ talent

He did however take the tests.................
That's why it could be traced back, to prove Stams innocence.

A

Anonymous

IW8 said:
ruud said:
still no answer..how did Stam get away with only 4 months then after he was found guilty of USING drugs?!

I still can't understand how Ferdinand "forgot" to provide a sample when 2 of his team mates remembered!

the same way the City player did too...

A

Anonymous

Dont try and argue with Arsenal fans, Rio got a ban End of story.
They would go against a Man U player for anything! talk about hatred it unbelieveable some times.

Adam

Established Member
Yep, we do tend to dislike the Manc's.

We have supported some United players liks Karel Porborsky. We really wanted him to stay at United....

Heaven know's why. :wink:

Alexone234

As to Wengers support of Manure, I don't trust the papers when they say anything, and we all know that Wenger is strong on drugs and finds it intolerble.

This is the difference between Arsenal and Manure.

Fungie is too worried about himself, and allowed Rio to wander off. (he probably had other things on his mind including taking his 'friends' to court over the fact that the gift of £m's was not enough)

Wenger and/or Pat Rice would have rounded the players up to be tested and made sure all were accounted. They would not have been able to walk away because the backroom staff care about our boys welfare.

Fungie is someway responsible for this situation too, and if he thinks he can go against the FIFA on this one, there will be hell to pay.

A

Anonymous

myth said:
Dont try and argue with Arsenal fans, Rio got a ban End of story.
They would go against a Man U player for anything! talk about hatred it unbelieveable some times.
Told you about Hatred Myth, they talk crap sometimes Wenger take them to tests tucks them in at night :lol:

IW8

ruud:still no answer..how did Stam get away with only 4 months then after he was found guilty of USING drugs?

If you read the whole of my post you will see why I thought Stam got away with it

IW8:I still can't understand how Ferdinand "forgot" to provide a sample when 2 of his team mates remembered!
rudd: the same way the City player did too

It was in a Manchester paper that the assessors let the city player leave to pick up his mother from the airport. It could also be argued that because the Man City player did "get away" with it, that Man U thought they could do the same. Again re-inforcing the argument that Ferdinand had something to hide.

Myth:Dont try and argue with Arsenal fans, Rio got a ban End of story. They would go against a Man U player for anything! talk about hatred it unbelieveable some times.

As for a fair assessment from an Arsenal fan then all I can do is repeat what I said in my original post and that is: I would have had more respect for Football's ruling bodies if they gave EVERYONE an immediate 2 year ban if they are found to have taken drugs OR avoid/forget to attend a drugs test.

Alexone234

The whole attitude at Manure is that they're above the rules. Now its time for Fungie to take stock of how his players conduct themselves.

Arsenal are always instantly in trouble, with Vieira being the first player ever to be banned and fined for not leaving the pitch quickly enough.

Fergusson has to see that football is bigger than he is.

AFCG7

Established Member
Man U themselves are the ones who ****ed Rio.. they let him leave the ground..they allowed him to play when he had this hanging over his head.
By allowing him to play while the case wasnt heard yet they attracted criticism from FIFA and also from Italy and France.
If they had suspended him pending a hearing i'm sure the pressure would have been on the FA to hear the matter quickly and get it over with..maximum 3 month ban he would have gotten i am sure of it.
What the people in charge of football here need to do is to take the Italian scenario..where a player is suspended by his CLUB pending a hearing..if he is banned, the ban starts from the time he was suspended by the club/FA. .. this is the fairest way.. the FA were 100% correct to suspend him from the national team right away..imagine now if he had played and been found guilty..what would happen to the points England picked up in Euro2004 qualifying..fielding an ineligible player and all?
By the way..i want Man U to take this all the way to court..so that FIFA can kick their asses out the CL , dock points or suspend them from the league.. that would sort them out :lol:

Webdesignlab

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
By the way..i want Man U to take this all the way to court..so that FIFA can kick their asses out the CL , dock points or suspend them from the league.. that would sort them out :lol:

Not that you are bitter LOL

jc8gooner

The whole attitude at Manure is that they're above the rules. Now its time for Fungie to take stock of how his players conduct themselves.

Arsenal are always instantly in trouble, with Vieira being the first player ever to be banned and fined for not leaving the pitch quickly enough.

Fergusson has to see that football is bigger than he is.

Never was a truer word spoken. It is about time that the FA took control of Ferguson and Man United and put them in their place. The FA will never be taken seriously if this does not happen. They have to stand up to the tyrant with the red nose. Arsenal have always been dealt with severely by the FA, and it is high time that Man United get some of the same treatment. Of course, Ferguson will throw all of his toys out of the pram when this happens, but I am convinced that the FA will be stronger for it. There has to be a level playing field. Man United have been given preferential treatment ever since I can remember just because the FA are scared of how Alex Ferguson will react. Now, enough is enough. It is time to take action.

A

Anonymous

Thats fine by me but dont ever bleat on about the FA being anti Arsenal, that one thing you car't cry about.
The one thing that will come out of this, Man U will have a 12th man they will play for Rio, he will get them going in training a backs to the wall attitude which we need to win, Wes is back (for how long who knows) a good replacement for Rio, but if Sir Alex thinks otherwise he will buy a defender?.

Alexone234

If anything, this Rio things steals our thunder, because traditionally we have been punished where United have not. If we talk conspiracy, we all know Rio got his fair share of punishment. Don't think for a minute, any Arsenal player in the same position would not have received a harsh punishment too. Especially had he lied and sneaked his way around the subject too.

IW8

ruud said:
Alexone234 said:
Especially had he lied and sneaked his way around the subject too.

could you specify what you meant by that?

Well there were so many different stories coming out of OT at the time you would have thought they were auditioning for "Jackonory"!

First Mobile switched off, then moving house, then he tried to contact them, then no-one could find him etc., et., I could go on but I really don't see the point. When all's said and done he's been quite rightly found guilty. If you want to go back to the orignal argument then if he had taken the test you wouldn't be praying that Wes Brown is fit by January 12th.

A

Anonymous

errr..he had his mobile switched off..one of the reasons THAT he missed the test was the his mind was on shifting houses..and he also tried to contact them..so?!?!
can you prove to me that he was guilty?!

Top Bottom