• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ferdinand charged with misconduct!

Alexone234

No, his misconduct charge is directly related to missing a doping test. The level of seriousness will be dictated once they establish whether he will be found as willfully missing a test or not. If they charge him with willfully missing a doping test, then he will be in for some big trouble.

Misconduct just means doing something wrong, but it relates to a specific article.

Alexone234

Precisely Beaney. He is going for a long stretch at sing sing (or at least back to live with his mother)

patrick42uk

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
No, his misconduct charge is directly related to missing a doping test. The level of seriousness will be dictated once they establish whether he will be found as willfully missing a test or not. If they charge him with willfully missing a doping test, then he will be in for some big trouble.

Misconduct just means doing something wrong, but it relates to a specific article.

you misunderstand, he is being charged with misconduct, therefore no charge of willfully missing the test will be made. therefore there will be no maximum two year ban and in effect he will be getting a slap on the wrist. Incidentally, man utd are seeking a personal hearing.

patrick42uk

Established Member
he is not being charged with wilful failure to show up for the test. the above is a far lesser charge. the most he will get is a fine

Alexone234

He deserves a big ban for this though. Forgetting is no excuse.

I thought the charge refered to either willful or failure. It was the Manure threat of legal action I reckon.

This said, FIFA have said they are watching the outcome, and if they are unhappy with the final decision then they may have a look at things

AFCG7

Established Member
FIFA will not look too kindly on this if its a slap of the wrist thing.. remember it was after FIFA pressure that Stam and Couto were slammed by the Italian FA

Alexone234

I always thought that they would go over the top with their punishment, and a part of me was ready to be outraged at that.

Now he has been given some food vouchers and a thank you note for missing his test I hope that FIFA step in and call for a firing squad

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

AFCG7 said:
FIFA will not look too kindly on this if its a slap of the wrist thing.. remember it was after FIFA pressure that Stam and Couto were slammed by the Italian FA

My understanding is as per Alexone; could go either way.

Nothing really any clearer

There is no such charge as "wilfull" misconduct. It's all in the interpritation. They will either conclude it was innocent or willfull having heard the evidence.

BBC 24 also just confirmed this.

Personally, I think he'll get away with the slapped wrist. But we'll soon see the extent of the FA's balls.

Not that it matters much in pure footballing terms; Manure are probably better without him.

patrick42uk

Established Member
soccernet.com are saying that he faces a maximum two year ban. apparently the inclusion of 'refusal' represents willfully missing the test. therefore if fails to convince of his innocence in the hearing, he could be banned for two years.

satan_beckham

patrick42uk said:
soccernet.com are saying that he faces a maximum two year ban. apparently the inclusion of 'refusal' represents willfully missing the test. therefore if fails to convince of his innocence in the hearing, he could be banned for two years.

but its true that he forgotten and the FA needs him to play for england in the Euro 2004,so at most i think it will be a 6 month ban.No way its gonna be longer than that,and hopefully man u apeal as when they apeal,Fifa will come in and kick them out of champions league

beaney

well apparently it was FIFA that at first told the FA they had to do something about it.

Id heard that the FA werent that fussed with it all, but FIFA told them they had to do smethign about it.

If he doesnt get banne by the FA FIFA may well step in and say something, heres to hoping!!!

I can see him getting off scot free, but have my fingers crossed for a lenghty ban.
although that is unlikely cos he is being charged with a lesser offence.

beaney

well apparently it was FIFA that at first told the FA they had to do something about it.

Id heard that the FA werent that fussed with it all, but FIFA told them they had to do smethign about it.

If he doesnt get banne by the FA FIFA may well step in and say something, heres to hoping!!!

I can see him getting off scot free, but have my fingers crossed for a lenghty ban.
although that is unlikely cos he is being charged with a lesser offence.

A

Anonymous

The fact that the word "refusal" is in the charge means it could lead to the more serious offence.

beaney

lets hope so!

Ashburrn, you seem to be very clued up with all matters arsenal/football.

maximum respect, you are the sensible voice of reason in all this chaos!

Top Bottom