• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Fernando Morientes

Mark

Established Member
bloody hell that's annoying. i am so fed up of this. more rubbish from the press, we're probably not even that interested but they just want another way of linking henry with madrid. no way would morientes make that any better.

he's a good player though, the kind of out and out striker we need so maybe we can get him without having to exchange henry.

mike

If it is true, its a very silly time to be looking at him. Was always going to have the media having kittens.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
At least La Marca have got the message- their front page today is a full cover of our Thierry with the headline "I don't want to play for Madrid."

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Morientes is doing well at Monaco. He'd be a good signing but there's no chance of him coming in part-exchange for Thierry. The Spanish press are getting almost as desperate as their English counterparts. Their probably having a competition between themselves to see who can come up with the most laughable stories.

n_henry

Yeah, we don't need him...Reyes looks good (from what I've read so far - haven't seen him play in a GOoner shirt yet)..

Wouldn't suck if we got him, but no biggie. :D

Kyla

What the ****! I hate this Real-Henry frenzy. These rumours keep persisting however, which gives me the impression that Madrid MUST be making serious enquiries. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how many times Henry says he loves it here. If a club like Real are interested, and place a mind-boggling figure on the table or start asking for "options" then we must not be naive to think that Henry leaving is never a possibility. These rumours seem to have an eerie Beckham feel to it....

Still, the club have never allowed themselves to be raped by Real before, as Paddy's case shows.

Mark

Established Member
he won't go. if he ever did go it certainly wouldnt be in exchange for morientes. i'm sure raul is the only player we'd accept from them, but even that isn't gonna happen. the club have made it clear that he is not for sale at any price. whatever we get for him he is irreplacable.

jc8gooner

I like him, but I don't think we'll get him. He could defintely cut it in the prem. Only chance of getting him is if Kanu, Wiltord, Bergkamp and Jeffers all leave. I reckon at least one will stay, maybe two.

Mark

Established Member
wiltord is definetly leaving, he said so himself. i think jeffers will leave but bergkamp or kanu are more likely to stay i think.

dynasty

yea i think kanu or bergkamp will stay..
i really dont see us going for morientes..he is not exactly technically gifted and also is a target man which Arsène doesnt like..

i also always feel players who go to real are players that wanna go or are forced(i.e beckham)..which henry isnt

siddharth

n_henry said:
Yeah, we don't need him...Reyes looks good (from what I've read so far - haven't seen him play in a GOoner shirt yet)..

Wouldn't suck if we got him, but no biggie. :D

Reyes IMO is a long term replacement for Pires although he prefers to play as a striker.Now that atleast 2 or 3 of wiltord,jeffers,kanu n bergkamp wud b leaving this summer i can see wenger getting one or two good strikers (Eto'o,Morientes,Defoe).

I also think the arrival of reyes has opened the exit doors for Jermaine Pennant.

Gooner83

Morientes is a very good player, and i'm sure Reyes would appreciate a Spanish attacker.

They will never get our Titi though.. but Wenger should have cash when we sell Jeffers and Vanny.. or even maybe a loan deal till we are in better financial state. After all Real don't require him.

Pires02

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004230897,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 97,00.html</a>

Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it. Almost as bad as "Wenger Plans 35 mil swoop for Gerrard & Terry" from the same source. :roll:

Top Bottom