• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Fernando Morientes

patrick42uk

Established Member
dont believe it. but if its true, 17.5 million on a 28 year old with a chance he might not fit our system? sorry, it cant be true.

solthegunner

Cant see it happening but is a very good player. From the quotes and arsenls recent purchases it looks like he could be at chelsea next season.

jeromelee

Best rumour so far this season for the gooners IMO. Have been following Morientes for years. Always thought he was a great player. Finishes well. Assuming Reyes and RVP is injured, Morientes would make a great cover for them playing slightly in front on Titi.

Think he's great. Amongst my top 10 fav forward ever.

JasonTH14

The Sun claims Wenger wants Mor!

Wenger wants Mor
By ERIC BEAUCHAMP

Arsène WENGER wants Monaco’s Champions League hero Fernando Morientes to make a sensational £17.5million move to Arsenal.

The on-loan Real Madrid striker, 28, is the leading scorer in Europe’s top club competition and his nine goals have helped put the French side into next week’s final.

Now Wenger wants to pair the Spaniard with Thierry Henry to boost the Gunners’ bid for Euro glory.

Chelsea are also interested but Arsenal are in pole position. Morientes has told SunSport he WILL consider a move.

He said: “I’m proud that teams like Arsenal and Chelsea are interested in me. There are some big clubs in England and it’s a very competitive league.

“I’ve been away from Real Madrid for a year and I don’t know what will happen. If an offer comes from England then first of all Real Madrid have to take the decision. But I would like to go there.”

Highbury vice-chairman David Dein contacted the player’s advisers and was quoted the figure required.

Morientes, who rejected a move to Tottenham last year, was ignored by Real last season with Ronaldo and Raul untouchable as their first-choice strikers.

President Florentino Perez now wants to sign Manchester United’s Ruud Van Nistelrooy — and Morientes knows that could push him further down the pecking order.

:roll:

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Henry - Reyes - Van Persie - Aliardiere - Bergkamp -Morientes looks pretty mouth watering i must admit.

I think if he joins then he would pretty much have the abilitly to make us a complete team and finally win the Champs League ... but i really doubt Arsène is gonna spend about 35 million pounds in the space of 5 months .... (17.5 mill on both Reyes and Morientes)

Hope its true tho ...

JasonTH14

Mouth watering indeed .... hehe ...but remember the Prof said there might be 1 "Mor" :lol: coming ... soooooo hopefully it is "MOR!"

eheh 8)

Triffid

It WOULD be wonderful, the perfect experienced stiker to balance out the group.

BUT I would be stunned if this happened, partly for the reason of the price quoted and partly for the fact that I can't see a striker as being our 'possible one more' signing.

memyself

That would be a bit strange. I mean, we got van persie, Reyes and Bergy, plus ali and Bently (though he is gonna be loaned out). Actually, thinking about it now it doesn't seem that strange, but 17 mill. I can't see that, can you? Still, it makes for a cracking forward line up. In other news, I heard that Wenger has cemented a 10 million move for ex NASA starlet Neil Armstrong. In a press release issued last night, Mr Wenger claimed to be "over the moon" with his new signing :angel

KingReyes

Established Member
17.5 million!! :shock: Thats a bit too much don't you think. Morientes is a top striker and I would welcome him on board if Wenger wants him however the fee is a bit too much IMO and it won't happen for that amount.

JasonTH14

probably a deal worth 17.5 mil including appearances and such over lets say 4 years ... hmmm not too sure bout his wages though .. but i know he drives a Ferrari ..saw it during a CL interview :p

Aussie

Established Member
The sun people the sun.

However he is already a hero in my eyes. He knocked Chelsea out the cup ;D

JasonTH14

well its just speculations anyways ... even other football sites such as sportinglife and BBC has reported it as well ... soooo...till then

A

Anonymous

Would love to see it, i am beginning to believe there may not be a future here for aliadiere, and also bentley will be going on loan. Bergy will be a bit part player next year and kanu and wiltord will leave. However what is the point in spending 17 mill on reyes and morientes when only one of them will start ! Suppose henry and morientes, with Reyes on either wing as a replacement and van persie 4th choice of the 3. Ive come to this conclusion as reyes will get preference over RVP and they are both young, so can spend some time in and out the side for a year or so whilst henry and morientes use their experience of the top level.

Henry, Reyes, Van Persie, Bergy and Morientes makes a brilliant attack, the only problem there is that Morientes, Henry and Reyes are all top class players who have cost us ALOT so we cant really keep them out the team ! Suppose Van Persie will only play a small part next year as back up midfielder and striker, as he adapts to english football, matures and prepares to take bergys place. Also bergy wont play that much next year, so Henry and Morientes, with Reyes on the bench coming on in alot of games. I can see that working ! Also gives us the support in midfield, maybe bobby can move to the right, not sure about that though !
Would like to see morientes, but if we only have a couple more signings to make, there are other positions we need strengthening first - right mid and central defence.
regards

ps. Dont right this off, i laughed out loud when someone mentioned the reyes rumour, and look what happened !!! ;D

Aussie

Established Member
True you never know. It would make up an awsome attack but this would just about spell the end for Ali wouldnt it. When is he going to get a game?

Adam

Established Member
This is a rumour - so it goes in the rumour section. Please remember that for next time. :wink:

lewdikris

Established Member
No chance. Great player, but what's the point of having Reyes and Van Persie and Aliadiere if they're going to get only a few games? Young players need time in the first team to develop, with someone of Morientes' experience and class it's only going to hamper them - I just don't see it.

Top Bottom