• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Fernando Morientes

Kyla

He is probably the missing link in terms of CL success. I love the way he doesn't business in front of goal. A no-frills player of the highest order- guarenteed to finish chances, which has always been our achilles heel. But it is a lot of money for a non-wenger player. I really do fear when we splash real big- hasn't worked out before, bar Henry. Here's a lot of hoping that Reyes will be exception to the rule!!!!

TRUE GUNNER

Morientes, do you think he would fit in ?

Im very excited about the prospect of a possible move for morientes but i was wondering wether he would discrupt out great team spirit.

Without dought he has great quality.

Im not to worried if we are winning games, but if we are in a tricky game where we need to dig in, is he going to be up for it. Because Arsenal is all about fighting for each other.

I'll wait and see on this story, its probably just a start of the same rumour summer at highbury, being linked with thousands of great players but never getting them.

jeromelee

Morientes will definitely be great for the gooners. Maybe AW has some plans to play him in midfield? Or behind the strikers?

JazzG

Established Member
If he is coming then Reyes is leaving and we know that ain't gonna happen. Just the Sun making up BS, we can't afford to pay £17.5mill on another striker.

nnaife

I really dont think we can fit him in although it would be great to have another prove goal scorer to take the burden off Henry.

As for him adapting to our style of play yes i think he can.

I would prefer Drogba though but that isnt going to happen.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Can't see it; how many floating strikers can we accomodate!

I still reckon Smith would be a good buy, though it won't happen, rather better than Franny J, but then I always was & meat & two veg kind of guy, football wise of course...

Gunner4life09

but madrid are keen on getting rid of him, i think he would be a great signing but sadly the chances of that happening is very slim as we have Heny, Reyes, RVP, Ali, Bently and Bergkamp who will be leaving when next season ends.

KingReyes

Established Member
He's shown what he is capable of and I think he can fit into the Wenger system after I agree with what Arsène thinks. However he won't be coming here for that kind of money.

Gunner4life09

i'm talking about long term plans, not just for next season. i mean if we do get morientes he wouldn't just play for 1 season, Bently will eventually come back.

patrick42uk

Established Member
JasonTH14 said:
probably a deal worth 17.5 mil including appearances and such over lets say 4 years ... hmmm not too sure bout his wages though .. but i know he drives a Ferrari ..saw it during a CL interview :p

you dont do that when in four years he will be 32. if wengger spends 17.5 million on a 28 year old, i would be gutted and very disaapointed in him.

Taozhe

How old is morientes first of all? ;D

Is he really worth that much? Will he justify it in a long run?

thegame24

Established Member
hmm i would like morientes but this is way too much.

We could have bought Ronaldinho for this much.

I think hes better off getting kluivert for 2 million

mood

The news are in every site! so this might be true. It's even on soccernet, which barely has any rumours.

A

Anonymous

Morientes would be the ideal foil for Henry. However judging from Wenger's stubburness in getting a class forward, it will never happen.

Silly rumour season has started , and agents have started to send out messages in the press for new pastures for their clients. Also papers like the SUN want to sell their papers during the summer, so some stupid headlines are bound to come.

Wenger has gone on record saying its Reyes season next year.

Personnally , I believe Reyes will flop as a forward next year, as i cannot see him score 15+ goals in the league. He is too lightweight and small as a forward but his tenacity as a runner will make him a great replacement for Pires.

This Arsenal team has lacked a world class fox in hole striker for a long time to kill off teams and has plagued the Arsenal for years, hence the inconsistenency in the retainment of the EPL and the CL.

I don't know what Wengers plan is, as i cannot see Arsenal winning the CL, until we getting this fox like Morientes, Drogba or Trezeguet, or even Kluivert. :angel

satan_beckham

he is the type of striker we need to do well in the champions league...However in the news report,they mention chelsea too which means we are surely out of contention.

thegame24

Established Member
Cmon though 17 milllion??? that is way too much.

I do think though that if we get this type of player and maybe a proper right winger we will be truley the best attacking team in the world, and the most versatile attacking team.

Think

Henry, Reyes, Kluivert/Morientes, Bergkamp, RVP

Attacking mids

Pires, Reyes(if not up), RVP(if not up), Ljungberg, Overmars/Ronaldinho(DREAM ON GAME)/Beckham

No i havnt forgotten ALI or Bentley but they got years to go before they become truly worthy of starting in a team like ours.

I think loosing a player like wiltord is bad. We need another RM who can give a threat on the right Ljungberg is not enough. Hopefully RVP can.

A

Anonymous

17 mill is a bit over board for Morientes. However this is the fee the press is saying. In reality it could be much less.

Gurgen

Established Member
Pfft we don't need Morientes and we don't need Trez. We have plenty strikers, and they all fit into our system perfectly. Why change a winning formula for one player, I don't understand?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom