• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Fernando Morientes

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
We have a winning formula but we are yet to win europe.I personally think he will be a great signing, and given the exit of wiltord, and the likely exit of Kanu, i think our amount of strikers would be balanced.

However i will guarantee if we get him it wont be for more than 10 million.I mean personally, i think hes better than ronaldo, and that madrid have mistreated him, and he could link up well with either reyes or henry, and also bringing in another spanish player could benefit players such as reyes and fabregas.

Im still unsure of this rumour, i dont think its entirely unbelieveable, but i wont get my hopes up unless soemthing more solid surfaces.

I didnt believe beckham to madrid.....

I didnt believe Reyes to arsenal...

Could this be the third running??

KlurgsSporg

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Henry - Reyes - Van Persie - Aliardiere - Bergkamp -Morientes looks pretty mouth watering i must admit.

I think if he joins then he would pretty much have the abilitly to make us a complete team and finally win the Champs League ... but i really doubt Arsène is gonna spend about 35 million pounds in the space of 5 months .... (17.5 mill on both Reyes and Morientes)

Hope its true tho ...
'

yes but we play 2 up front and 2 on the bench so 2 players will never get a game

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Morientes would be a very good signing but it won't happen...well not for £17.5m. Its unfortunate that he's had an outstanding season with Monaco coz otherwise he probably would have been available for about £5m or so. Now his value has undoutedly risen and he'll probably end up at Chelsea or another Spanish side. However having said that I still think that we need another striker. Reyes, van Persie and Aliadiere are too inexperienced and another experienced striker would be nice.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
17.5 is a ridiculous price for a 28 year old who is out of favour. According to a source of mine Arsenal have bid £6.5m. Morientes is definately interested in a move to the premiership at least.

Morientes has had an excellent season in the CL but afaik he's only scored 10 goals for Monaco in all the domestic competitions together, combined with Perez seemingly intent on getting RVN it doesn't look like he has any future at Madrid.

Also, who says Morientes isn't a Wenger type of player? Because he can finish as well as head the ball? He's a very clever, skilled player, and can drop back deep and get involved in moves. He's not just some big mug with 2 left feet who sits on the goal line and smashes the ball into the net with his face... not naming any names... :wink:

jeromelee

JazzG said:
If he is coming then Reyes is leaving and we know that ain't gonna happen. Just the Sun making up BS, we can't afford to pay £17.5mill on another striker.

But it's not really just in the Sun anymore. Saw it in so many different sites. Has got to be some truth in it. But just doesn't seem like AW's style to allow a player whom he is interested in to announce this to the world. Just not his style at all.

jeromelee

Morientes will really be good for the Champions League. He's so cool even under extreme pressure. Keeps his head well. Should he be sought after by AW it will be for this purpose for sure. Someone who can be used to put the ball in the net for CL.

Taozhe

For 17M it is definitely not a good price considering the transfer market. He is already 28 and doesnt have many good years to justify the 17 M transfer fee. However, if the source that it costs 6M is true ... I would be ok with it.

We already have Reyes,Henry,Van PerSie, Aldi , Bergkamp .... bentley definitely on loan. Morientes coming might cause discontentment among the strikers.

Our focus is still midfield and defence. We haf sufficient strikers already

Aussie

Established Member
If he does come Ali will struggle to get a game and Dennis will also only play a very small role.

lewdikris

Established Member
Sorry - everyone getting excited about this being reported on loads of sites should chill, they're all just reporting what he said to the Sun.

This isn't going to happen. He was just paying his respects in case there was interest so as to broker the path for a move. He's probably done the same to the Italian press as well. It's a sensible gesture on his part, and no indication of any ACTUAL bid or interest.

I reckon he'll end up at Juve as a replacement for Trezeguet....

JasonTH14

He'll join Sp**s on FREE .. when he's 36 perhaps :p

Wow now this??(taken from Sportinglife.com) :-

MORIENTES CLOSE TO DEAL

Spain striker Fernando Morientes claims a deal which would see him join an unnamed club at the end of the season is "90% done".

The 28-year-old has spent the season on loan at Monaco after falling out of favour at Real Madrid.

And, despite still having two years left on his contract with the recently-deposed Spanish champions, Morientes is eager to further his career elsewhere.

According to French newspaper L'Equipe, Chelsea are the club in question but a cautious Morientes refused to reveal their identity.

"We are slowly coming to an agreement and we can say that the deal is 90% done," he said.

"I really like the idea of joining that club but by the time the contract is sealed and signed it might take a little while and I might have to go back to Real Madrid at the end of the season."

Morientes, who has also been linked with a move to Juventus, Roma and Arsenal, is reportedly the top target of Chelsea's Russian owner Roman Abramovich - a man who would have no qualms about paying the 12million euro asking price.

Abramovich is thought to have been impressed by the player during Monaco's two-legged victory over the London side in the semi-finals of the Champions League where Morientes scored in both games.

The link with Roma came as speculation mounts that Madrid may use him as a bargaining tool to try and attract Argentina defender Walter Samuel to the Bernabeu.

Morientes, however, has firm ideas about where he wants to go next season.

"I can't be forced to go where I don't want to go," he said. "I play football to be happy."

and Rosicky in Pool talks?? man i think he's another great player if we bid for him as well

Triffid

If Morientes is blabbing this much about the deal, you know it isn't with us.

The one consistency among ALL of Arsène's signings is the HUSH HUSH aspect.

Arsène hates it when everyone talks about it. He thinks it just pushes up the price. I seem to remember this was half the problem with the Van Persie deal when it fell through in January.

So, no Morientes, just a cheaper, younger striker who will probably end up more talented.

Poor us ;)

brianfrance

Established Member
somes interesting things from the UFA website :

17247_351X180.jpg

Three UD Las Palmas players close in on Fernando Morientes of Real Madrid CF, who scored five goals in the match

164076_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

Edouard Cissé, Fernando Morientes & Jérôme Rothen (AS Monaco FC) celebrate(©AFP)

OK !!!! It's not cissé it's Evra !!! An error about the team which is on CL final...goood !

Morientes won't play for Arsenal, tonight Arsène said he won't buy anyone else this summer.

KoLo28

Why get so excited over Morientes?? Too old, too expensive and we've got enough strikers. He will not bring success in europe so stop saying he will. Anything he can do bergy can do better.

memyself

Not gunner happen, to much money for someone at his age. He might come over in a few seasons though, we might need someone extra to mow the lawn at the new stadium.

Latest posts

Top Bottom