• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fever Pitch... where to you lie on the scale

Not a football fan... but I do enjoy a stirring round of cricket

• Yeah, I like football... oooooh, you mean soccer :(

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah I watch football... sometimes

• Yeah I watch football... but I don't follow a particular team

• I'm really only interested in who's winning...

• You love Arsenal with all your heart... but at the end of the day its just a game

• Its all about Arsenal don... f*k what you heard!

• You can relate to Paul Ashworth so much, watching Fever Pitch is like looking in the mirror

• You love Arsenal so much, you make Paul Ashworth look like a spuds fan.

• Arsenal is everything, everything is Arsenal... giving up your left nut(or boob), would be a small p

• You're so obsessed... relegation would provoke thoughts of ****

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bellsavage

Yeah read the book, the film is a feel good chick flick, dos'nt do it justice at all! I like the bit about being kept back at Stamford Bridge with the groundsman giving the gooners the finger on his lawn mower every time he approaches the away end...class.

Sonic Youth

bellsavage said:
Yeah read the book, the film is a feel good chick flick, dos'nt do it justice at all! I like the bit about being kept back at Stamford Bridge with the groundsman giving the gooners the finger on his lawn mower every time he approaches the away end...class.

thats my fav part as well
hilarious :D

quattro

haven't seen the film but enjoyed the book tremendously. i can't remember reading a book that fast since i first read "dune". some friends who read it and weren't interested in football at all also enjoyed it but from a different perspective. lots of very quotable quotes too, great for signatures at arsenal mania! :mrgreen:

Asterix

Established Member
Book is great, film also pretty good. My sister, Dad and I (all gooners) saw it with my other sister (not a gooner) at the cinema. Gooner sister and I quoted the commentary - "It's up for grabs now!" during the film and got a few strange looks, but great fun.

Whoever wrote the banner in Israeli Gooner's profile block needs to learn some grammar. This is a pet hate of mine. Sorry.

DOls

I read the book and watched the movie a bunch of times and I can watch it over and over again, cause it's almost as if I am watching myself. I am mad about Arsenal.
Call it an obsession, I don't mind, I call it a passion.
I can relate to Paul Ashworth and his constant thinking about Arsenal, especially during the season when I am filled with anticipation and live from one game to another.
I plan my life according to our fixtures: trips and meetings with family! Arsenal comes first!
I just realised that ... wow! :shock:
And I love it! I love that feeling!
A football way of life!

A

Anonymous

"Its quite clearly not just a game, do you think anyone would get this upset over a game?"

My sentiments exactly

marco

i see myself like paul in the film. Have watched it about 3 or 4 times with birds and they all said that i am exactly like him!!
and the stuff he says and does i see in myself.

my only problem with nick hornby is not that he has become famous about writing about arsenal and his experiences etc, but in the fact that he didnt make an effort to go to anfield. yet made his name out of arsenal yet wasnt there to see our biggest moment in our history.

also in 2002 we had middlesborough in the fa cup i think it was and he wasnt there was doing some promotion for book.

Henry IV

I am Paul Ashworth. I can really relate to the bit when he has to correct the kid's mom when she says it was 1971 when Arsenal last won the championship and 1970. I hate it when people get dates and years wrong. He pretends to think about Byron and "real stuff" but he's really thinking about whether Arsenal can win the league.

I prefer the book because it covers 24 years of Hornby's life and is packed with anecdotes and attempts at psychological analysis. My favourite sections of it are "Arsenalesque" (Arsenal's bad reputation in the media) "Clowns" (the bit about entertainment being secondary to results), "George" (how GG saved the club), "The Greatest Moment Ever" (Anfield 1989), "Seven Goals and a Punch Up" (Arsenal v Norwich in 1989), "Typical Arsenal" (the triumph in adversity of the 1990-91 season). I really love the way Hornby lays bare his inadequacies and shamefully admits that Arsenal beating Sp**s in a League Cup semi final was all that was required to lift him out of his 1980s malaise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom