• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fifa 10 Announced

James

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/news/FIFA_10_Announcement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/ne ... nouncement</a>

On the pitch, critical gameplay fundamentals have been enhanced to ensure that FIFA 10 mirrors real-world football, providing more sophisticated ball control and physical interaction between players. In addition, players now move, behave and position themselves more realistically. On attack, players analyse space more effectively, curve their runs in an attempt to stay onside, create passing lanes naturally, and drive for more variety in attacking options. On defence, new concepts like position priority enable defenders to multitask so dangerous spaces left open by teammates out of position are covered. Plus, slide-tackle targeting, press marking and better-urgency clearance logic provide new options that make defending a tactical skill in FIFA 10. In goal, a myriad of improvements and refinements to goalkeeper intelligence result in a more responsive and powerful rushing system and ultra-realistic saves.

Hopefully these improvements will be as good as those made from Fifa 08 to 09. Should be incredible.

nazo

Established Member
I read that they're improving defense against the little chip through balls too. I always use that and i know how annoying it could be for other players but it is way too overpowered (especially with fast forwards).

I also read that they might make be a pro mode online like nhl 09 be a pro. You can make your own player and join a club and improve. That should be fun.

N!

Can't wait for the new manager mode. IF they include weather it'd be the best thing to ever happen to me.

go49oner

Established Member
360° movement is huge step in right direction I feel. I just hope they improve the responsiveness a bit.

Unforgiven

Established Member
I hope this time Ronaldo and Berbatov are not twice the speed of all the other players on the game like 09.

Should be awesome I can't wait.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I'm glad they're improving the goalkeeping AI. The AI for the keepers on 09 is some of the worst in recent football games. The keepers play like schoolboys.

Looking forward to this though, will be picking it up when it comes out unless Pro Evo pulls something extra special out of the bag, which is unlikely.

Unforgiven

Established Member
what amazes me about the goalkeepers on fifa 09, is that when the ball is rolling out for a corner they literally just stand there and watch it go out for a corner, I mean come on they should have fixed this for 09 not for 10.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Exactly. And the amount of times someone has shot from distance and my keeper has just run under the ball does my head in. Also, bringing the keepers out using triangle is very slow on FIFA. Takes them agaes to react.

qs

Established Member
Goal keeping is terrible in pretty much every football game ever. They've still not fixed the whole idea of sweet spots. I'd say 95% of all the goals I score are just variations on 3 or 4 different moves.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Nasri better look more convincing. You look at his face on the game and it looks like a completely different person, it was appalling.

entropy13

Established Member
Stevo the Villan said:
Exactly. And the amount of times someone has shot from distance and my keeper has just run under the ball does my head in. Also, bringing the keepers out using triangle is very slow on FIFA. Takes them agaes to react.

Much harder in PC, since it involves holding TWO keys simultaneously! :evil: That's why I can barely keep a clean sheet, they get 1 goal out of their 3-4 shots on target. I do score 4+ goals, with usually 10+ shots on target.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
I was wondering...there's inevitably going to be a Fifa 2010 World Cup game (there had better be because I want it), but surely they're not going to include the sounds of vuvuzelas as they freaking annoy anyone not blowing one. I wonder if they'll include an option to toggle the noise on and off or just exclude it altogether (which wouldn't be very realistic imo)...

Unforgiven

Established Member
A_Gooner_Matata said:
I was wondering...there's inevitably going to be a Fifa 2010 World Cup game (there had better be because I want it), but surely they're not going to include the sounds of vuvuzelas as they freaking annoy anyone not blowing one. I wonder if they'll include an option to toggle the noise on and off or just exclude it altogether (which wouldn't be very realistic imo)...

lol I was watching the spain game and i was thinking what that annoying sound was, but now I know what it so thats good :D. Would be funny if they included it in the game.

Smartly Dressed Morris

IGN hands on preview of Fifa 10 , I can't wait :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/990/990379p1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/990/990379p1.html</a>

nazo

Established Member
360 degree dribbling makes its debut to the series, freeing players from the confines of eight way control. On paper it might seem like a small adjustment, but on pitch it lends the action a whole world of added fluidity, making past FIFA games feel incredibly rigid. Returning to FIFA 09 for a quick game after the press event felt like a genuine step back – which is not an indictment on last year's game, rather a commendation of how effective the new feature is.

Again it sounds good.

GaelForce22

Established Member
I'm already look forward to winning next years Arsenal Mania fifa tournament, last years win by default was a bit of a hollow victory. :wink:

outlaw_member

Established Member
I won that tournament Gaelforce. I played more games than anyone and picked up the most number of victories, so I am the muthafucking champ. Comprende? :wink:

Top Bottom